Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only will TMZ.com and other similar sites very soon get ahold of the yanked clips and post them but there also have to be PLENTY of Australians who recorded the entire documentary.

I can't wait for the legitimate legal commentators to weigh in.

I can't wait for court tomorrow!

Never a dull moment.

Please note that in the preview video, the second one, that OP is walking very well on his stumps. It looks as if it is a sobriety field test type walk. He is walking in a straight line without using his hands to touch the floor for balance. In other words, OP and his "experts" have lied when they claimed that OP can not walk slowly on his stumps but must be running/in a hurry to avoid falling over.

MOO

No no no, Nel was using boyfriend girlfriend and who would or would not be given special privilege to accompany OP on an Olympic trip; silly stuff that PVZ said. Implying that Reeva was like no other girlfriend that OP had ever met because he wanted her to travel with him. Nel destroyed PVZs claim by having him read emails from OP to PVZ where OP requested that Samantha Taylor go to the London games with him and asked PVZ to help arrange their travel. Of course PVZ could not recall any of it. SMH

So if Nel will destroy a defense witness' credibility with that type of thing, I would have trouble entertaining any argument that Nel would simply let this opportunity to bash Dr. D with this video evidence, which clearly demonstrates that his expert testimony last week is rubbish. There's no way that Nel does not use some portions of the video tomorrow morning. In my heavily biased opinion. :smile:
I don't get this DT obsession with having to convince us that OP and RS were in love. Like that would mean OP is less likely to have knowingly murdered her? Men who kill their partners do it precisely because they 'love' them, except theirs is a twisted version of 'love' which is all about possession and control.

I don't understand why there are many references to the new house that they were going to make their home? After 3/4 months, usually nobody is thinking about a lifetime home with their boyfriend/girlfriend. I mean 12/16 weeks with already some arguing going on who would consider this? Or am I just old fashioned?

I don't understand why there are many references to the new house that they were going to make their home? After 3/4 months, usually nobody is thinking about a lifetime home with their boyfriend/girlfriend. I mean 12/16 weeks with already some arguing going on who would consider this? Or am I just old fashioned?

Agree. For all we know RS may just been looking at home interior sites to help decorate Oscar's house he was living in..Oscar said he and Reeva were buying the other house.
Do we believe him? I am not sure I do. Oscar was trying to create a relationship of longevity in his version. Reeva wasn't sure about the relationship, so we hear. I don't believe anything coming from Oscar or his family. He lives in his world not the world of reality.

Agree. For all we know RS may just been looking at home interior sites to help decorate Oscar's house he was living in..Oscar said he and Reeva were buying the other house.
Do we believe him? I am not sure I do. Oscar was trying to create a relationship of longevity in his version. Reeva wasn't sure about the relationship, so we hear. I don't believe anything coming from Oscar or his family. He lives in his world not the world of reality.

yes that's what I thought too, just helping choosing the furniture/furnishings etc

he tweeted this on 20 Dec 2012 - so a month after meeting Reeva????? This was to be HIS home not THEIR home. There are more tweets re the house hunting

User Actions
Follow

Oscar PistoriusVerified account
‏@OscarPistorius
Spending this afternoon house shopping, decided to move back to Johannesburg. Forgot what a mission this is! Sooo many choices!

I don't get this DT obsession with having to convince us that OP and RS were in love. Like that would mean OP is less likely to have knowingly murdered her? Men who kill their partners do it precisely because they 'love' them, except theirs is a twisted version of 'love' which is all about possession and control.

It's about perception. It's better to show that the two were in love rather then the two fighting like cats and dogs. The latter would play more into the PT's scenario.

Lots of tweets from him and start from dec 2012, there is one on 24th December where he says he's found the house he wants - so now we are supposed to believe they decided after 4 weeks or less of dating that they will live together in this home he's found?

Also lots of positive tweets about flying and planes and allsorts of other things, worth a read

https://twitter.com/OscarPistorius

Please note that in the preview video, the second one, that OP is walking very well on his stumps. It looks as if it is a sobriety field test type walk. He is walking in a straight line without using his hands to touch the floor for balance. In other words, OP and his "experts" have lied when they claimed that OP can not walk slowly on his stumps but must be running/in a hurry to avoid falling over.

MOO
I don't recall the DT claiming OP cannot walk slowly on his stumps. I remember hearing he has difficulty doing this, his balance is not good this way, his dogs have knocked him over more than a few times when he does, etc. Samantha Taylor backed this up IIRC.

I still haven't watched it but the family statement sounds dodgy to me. I'm not sure you can both engage with a news channel but then have said channel "leak" what you gave them.

While it sounds like there are aspects of it that would be useful for Nel I wonder if he'd be better leaving it alone. There'll be an agenda. Though Nel knows what he's doing.

As for the poll, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Channel 7's news is news in the same way the daily Mail is in the UK.

MOO

What second preview video?! I've only seen the first.

It's about perception. It's better to show that the two were in love rather then the two fighting like cats and dogs. The latter would play more into the PT's scenario.
Being in love or fighting like cat and dog are not the only types of relationships people can have - it's not an either/or. The speed at which their relationship appears to have developed (at least in OP's version) is actually a massive red flag for me.

I don't recall the DT claiming OP cannot walk slowly on his stumps. I remember hearing he has difficulty doing this, his balance is not good this way, his dogs have knocked him over more than a few times when he does, etc. Samantha Taylor backed this up IIRC.

You should watch the testimony of the doctor that amputated his legs, also Dr. V the psychiatrist, and Dr. D the sports medicine friend from the Olympics. All of them paint a very bleak picture of OPs mobility, really one of his immobility. One of them claims that he could not even weight OP because he cannot stand unassisted on his stumps. It really is night and day as compared to what is demonstrated by OP in the video. Please let me know your thoughts after you watch the testimonies of the three doctors.

Interesting that the media (following OP's first days on the stand) stated that the reason OP's family was so emotional in court was because they had never heard the full, complete version of what happened that night. (what a bunch of crap...IMO)

Now the DT discloses that back in Oct. 2013 they hired The Evidence Room to video a reenactment of the early hours of Feb 14, 2013 (for purposes of trial preparation). Using both Oscar and Aimee to role play the events, filmed inside Uncle Arnold's own home (this was stated on air by journalist, Karyn Maughan), this would contradict their previously released statement to the media that they had never heard "the complete story of exactly what happened until court.

So why keep believing anything they say? :liar:
Released illegally but yet they have a non-disclosure agreement with Evidence Room??? I believe they have a non-disclosure agreement. Don't believe for one second the video was released illegally by Evidence Room (it would cost them much more in a lawsuit than amount of $ received from selling it to Channel 7).

But why release it this way? And why would Evidence Room agree to play along, knowing their reputation would be tainted?

Scratching my head until Monday for (hopefully) further "clues".

You should watch the testimony of the doctor that amputated his legs, also Dr. V the psychiatrist, and Dr. D the sports medicine friend from the Olympics. All of them paint a very bleak picture of OPs mobility, really one of his immobility. One of them claims that he could not even weight OP because he cannot stand unassisted on his stumps. It really is night and day as compared to what is demonstrated by OP in the video. Please let me know your thoughts after you watch the testimonies of the three doctors.
BBM - I know. That's why I wasn't sure if the video had been speeded up or not, because it was hard to equate this nimble :liar: with the practically immobile victim he's been painted as.

If not a bogus poll why is multiple votes allowed ?

Why hire people when a bogus poll is so much cheaper and far easier to manipulate the results ?

Why would OP want or care about a focus group result ?

If OP wanted an honest poll result, the multiple vote would have not been allowed.

My point was missed perhaps . My comment was that much of this this was perhaps used PREVIOUSLY in a focus group.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Many posters were confident that OP was wearing his prosthetics when he killed Reeva. Skepticism that he have could have walked and run on his stumps then fired four shots without any hindrance was based on the well scripted yarn spun in his original affidavit by his attorneys where he bemoaned his limited and unlimited mobility on his stumps as per his convenience. According to his affidavit he had mobility on his stumps in pitch darkness to bring in the fan,close the sliding doors blinds and curtains then reach for his gun and move towards the bathroom to confront the source of the noise in his bathroom. However he felt vulnerable in front of the toilet door where his mobility switched tolimited compelling him to fire four shots to neutralize the intruder in his toilet to protect Reeva on Valentine’s Day.

The truth is that detective Botha until today had never seen OP walking on his stumps anywhere including in the privacy and comfort of his residence, therefore his fallacious argument that he went back and put on his prosthetics after Reeva locked herself in his toilet stands shattered thanks to the engrossing leaked video of OP demonstrating how he conducted himself on the night he murdered Reeva. Even though due to his handicap he looks like an alien, he doesn’t display any ungainly movements that could have led him to feel vulnerable and kill Reeva mistaking her for an intruder whatever may have been the compelling circumstances as alleged by him. Botha’s rush to judgement on crucial facts and his incompetent preliminary investigation and testimony during the bail hearing that lead to his removal from the case and eventually resignation, mislead many to falsely speculate that he was the victim of a coordinated well thought out conspiracy by the rich and powerful, that included OP’s multi billion dollar corporate sponsors intent to subvert the course of justice to get him off the hook. Is anybody eager to purchase anything Nike today? Had the prosecution accepted Botha’s unscientific claim as the gospel truth, Roux would have submitted this video as evidence at the start of the trial and pressed for the dismissal of the State’s case against his client.Judge Masipa would have no option but to rule in his favor.

If he really was wearing his prosthetics the whole night then how did Reeva manage to out run the one and only blade runner athlete and lock herself in the toilet? If he wore his prosthetics just prior to firing four shots, why was the need for him to go down on his knees or bend and position his gun well below his waist to shot and kill the intruder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay