Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of tweets from him and start from dec 2012, there is one on 24th December where he says he's found the house he wants - so now we are supposed to believe they decided after 4 weeks or less of dating that they will live together in this home he's found?

Also lots of positive tweets about flying and planes and allsorts of other things, worth a read

https://twitter.com/OscarPistorius

He was known to be looking for a property in Jo'burg before he met Reeva. This was in the press some long while back. He is using this to "cement" the idea the relationship was strong. Not sure if I shall be able to find it now as the internet is swamped with information about his trial but I will see what I can do to confirm.

BiB… could you elaborate ?… what evidence leads you to believe that OP and RS were watching *advertiser censored* together ? or RS alone was watching *advertiser censored* ?

:confused:

I have no evidence whatsoever apart from human/common sense.
A *advertiser censored* site was 'browsed'..............neither counsel took it any further even after OP decided not to answer Roux's questions about it.
My inference is that it was not important in the larger picture and was dropped in respect of Reeva and her family that's why they took it no further.

I don't believe for one second though that the browsing of this *advertiser censored* site was done without knowledge of both Reeva and OP........IMO :)

'I knelt down over Reeva.She wassitting with her weight on top of the toilet bowl. I checked to see if she wasbreathing and she wasn't.'I pulled her weight on to me and I sat there cryingfor some time.'I had her head on my left shoulder and I could feel her bloodwas running down on me. I could see that her arm was broken.'I thought I felther breathing. She was struggling to breathe.'

Left shoulder? How is it that the leftside of his shorts is free of any blood stains.The evidence in the toilet doesnot support his testimony that he cradled Reeva’s bloodied head on his leftshoulder for some time, but mysteriously failed to leave any of his bloodsoaked stumps or prosthetics, hand and finger prints anywhere in the toilet.This is indicative of one fact that OP took meticulous care to ensure that hedid not leave any tell tale evidence of his presence in the toilet that wouldindicate the actual position of Reeva’s dead body to the police forensic team.IMOit had to be Stander or his attorney daughter who ordered him to move Reeva’s deadbody out of the toilet, pretending that she was still alive to misguide the first witnesses who rushed to his house.

I clicked on a YouTube link a while ago to see OPs smirking during Nels x-exam of PVZ and noticed that Nel was grilling him about arranging for ST to accompany OP to the London games. If Nel is using this to tear apart the credibility of PVZ, you can bet your @$$ that video is going to be played for Dr. D tomorrow, if Nel has anything to say about it! :D

If I was Dr D I would throw a sickie :sick::sick::sick:

I wouldn't worry .. this poll will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what Judge Masipa rules, at the end of the day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Uncle Arn with a bandage on his right index finger in the morning :eek:nline::eek:nline:

To those who watched the programme, how would you compare Oscars emotion recreating the incident compared to he's emotion when discussing the incident in court?.

Says it all IMO

To those who watched the programme, how would you compare Oscars emotion recreating the incident compared to he's emotion when discussing the incident in court?.

Says it all IMO

Talk about coming late to the party. I now know that this party ("leaked video") was long over and the clean-up already done before I even pulled into the driveway! Ha! I missed all the fun but I also missed all the heavy lifting.

I posted the "leaked video" links I found, just above, THEN went back and read all the previous posts (I had not yet read), which took me about an hour. I read slowly and enjoy thinking carefully about what each of you write.

The last time I caught up with posts was just last night. I figured I'd wander in here today and read a couple of things about people getting excited to see Nel square off against Derman again tomorrow. Instead, I found that all h#ll had broken loose, reached a crescendo, and pretty much faded out, just as I got to the posts I wrote myself before going back. Ha!

Never a dull moment in this trial! Never a dull moment in this forum!

Love you guys. You make me think. :eek:)

He was known to be looking for a property in Jo'burg before he met Reeva. This was in the press some long while back. He is using this to "cement" the idea the relationship was strong. Not sure if I shall be able to find it now as the internet is swamped with information about his trial but I will see what I can do to confirm.

Just following up my comment about OP planning to move long before he met Reeva.

I have found a newspaper report that confirms his house was for sale in 2011. A move to Jo'burg was the reason for the sale. However, I can no longer find the comment about moving to Johannesburg due to the city having been mentioned in the trial.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Pistoriuss-home-on-the-market-since-2011-20130219

"Pretoria - The luxury Silver Woods Estate home in Pretoria East where Oscar Pistorius's girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was killed last week has been on the market since 2011, according to a report on Tuesday."

I have just found this. How true it is remains to be seen.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/O...tage-might-result-in-mistrial-expert-20140706

“Oscar footage might result in mistrial – Expert”

He was responding to a hypothetical idea of what if the video was an attorney client work product; in that case it is protected. But in this case it seems that OP and Roux did not commission The Evidence Room, but rather OP and Uncle Arnold did, and that would not be protected by the attorney client work product rules.

All of the accusations from the Pistorius Camp came out yesterday and today by OPs lawyer Brian Webber, not by Roux. I doubt that The Evidence Room has had time to consult with their lawyers yet on how they will respond publicly and possibly within the civil court(s), but I would bet that we hear from their lawyers tomorrow or Tuesday latest. I'll bet that they are very upset with what Webber has said about them and they have a very different story to tell.

To those that have seen the video: When OP donned his prosthetics and it was timed, did they include his taking time to don his socks too? Just wondering, because I would think that he could slap on his legs in 3-4 seconds, without the socks, if he needed to flee a burning building, or an armed intruder. :smile:
Yes it included him putting his socks on.

Screenshots from the trailer of the video yesterday seemed to show he wasn't wearing his prosthesis. However, it's clear from the screenshot posted above from the full video that he was wearing them. We were debating earlier why the Evidence Room would have had OP to do the enactment without them on and couldn't think of an explanation. All clear now - he was wearing them. Sorry for confusion.

Yes, he was wearing his prosthesis when they re-enacted the toilet scenario, but it's interesting how this statement on the show's official site contradicts it:

Before carrying Reeva downstairs, he went back to the bedroom on his stumps to put on his prosthetics.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/24395332/new-footage-of-pistorius-revealed/

That's the state's version. OP claims he put on his prosthetics before breaking down the door with the bat. :giggle:

Fans were noisy so according to Scott , he wouldn't have heard Reeva get out of bed.

No mention of duvet/doona.

So then how could he hear a sound coming all the way from the bathroom, of a sliding window?

Yes, you 'sense' movement with your other senses as well. When someone nearby moves past you, you see out of your peripheral vision, see shadows, feel air waves slightly, thus you 'sense' the movement.

A pretty creepy picture:

View attachment 54219

To me, this illustrates why OP could not have knelt, at least not normally, with his "legs" on. Those feet do not include any mechanism to allow for how a person's ankles/feet would bend and I doubt his knee sockets would either. In fact, I would think he would be less stable kneeling with his "legs" on, than without. Even that other pic that showed him with his "legs" on with his sister in the toilet room only shows him with his right leg stretched out in front of him and I believe the other was under him in more of a crouch position. I need to see the whole video...

Yes, he was wearing his prosthesis when they re-enacted the toilet scenario, but it's interesting how this statement on the show's official site contradicts it:

That's the state's version. OP claims he put on his prosthetics before breaking down the door with the bat. :giggle:

Thanks, this is exactly what I've been saying. :)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/24395332/new-footage-of-pistorius-revealed/

At 3.19 Pistorius called a neighbor. At 3.20 he phoned for an ambulance. At 3.21 he called Security at the compound.

Before carrying Reeva downstairs, he went back to the bedroom on his stumps to put on his prosthetics.

"Oscar returns to the bedroom to put on his prosthetic limbs as quickly as he could - 25.61 seconds," Roder said.

A few more pics from re-enactment that shows doubt whether, or not OP using prosthesis when lifting sister out of toilet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oment-shot-Reeva-Steenkamp-bathroom-door.html

I have not been able to view the entire video. But there is a segment where he is shown putting on his legs. When is that done in the timeline? Before or after he pulls her from the bathroom? Shouldn't that answer the question, if it is indeed a reenactment ?

He was responding to a hypothetical idea of what if the video was an attorney client work product; in that case it is protected. But in this case it seems that OP and Roux did not commission The Evidence Room, but rather OP and Uncle Arnold did, and that would not be protected by the attorney client work product rules.

All of the accusations from the Pistorius Camp came out yesterday and today by OPs lawyer Brian Webber, not by Roux. I doubt that The Evidence Room has had time to consult with their lawyers yet on how they will respond publicly and possibly within the civil court(s), but I would bet that we hear from their lawyers tomorrow or Tuesday latest. I'll bet that they are very upset with what Webber has said about them and they have a very different story to tell.

BIB

Hey Viper, could you point me to some information that confirms that it was OP and Uncle Pistorius that commissioned this video which in turn would mean it wouldn't be covered under the attorney, client privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay