Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one should report on Dr. Fine's evaluation except Dr. Fine.

D's off giving the court a lecture again. 'I do feel entitled to comment on them.'

Nel asks was he entitled to comment on the 70/71 test finding in the report. I remember that. D said what it 'would have been' if the result had been 71, which it wasn't.

It feels like at any moment Nel is going to tell Prof D to go home. :awkward:

More trouble posting, thanking etc. Aaaaaargh.

If it weren't sooo annoying, one would have to laugh.

What about Derwan's claim OP couldn't run at all on his stumps?

Oldwage is pompous, ponderous, and tedious. He drives me NUTS!

He's a confused mess, he confuses everyone else, and he is self-described as hard of hearing. I watched Thursday 3 times today and Oldwage is wrong. He's wrong today and he was wrong then. He's the one who keeps throwing curve balls.

Even though they just GOT the actual record Oldwage said he'll just use the defence copy. I knew THEN that he was going to screw it up. He did.

Derwent has spoken with Fine after the findings.

REALLY.

I of course MBW, but I don't recall there being any prohibition about an expert witness consulting with another? Didn't the ballistic experts, or was it the pathologists, consult?

Same for Dr. Sholtz's evaluation. Sholtz should testify regarding his diagnosis not this guy.

D: (reading psych assess) describes quite clearly what the cut-off scores are...so I was asked to comment on that particular point by Mr Oldwage, and I remarked that 70 is the cut-off...I am not making any diagnosis...

N: What it reads is that 'scores between 50 and 70 are normal'...and outside that is not.

IMO Nel is focusing too much on things that don't really help him. The scores are what they are and the judge has them. What's the big deal if this doctor mentions a score from a test that everyone has?

Val1,did you get the pm I sent?

I've just sent out a couple but they're not showing in my sent items :confused:

D: 70 is high. It's abutting on that range.

N: You feel yourself qualified to comment on that, when the score was 70, not 71?

N: Next to me is Dr Carla Kotze. She doesn't agree-

O: Mr Nel must indicate if he's going to call Dr Kotze.

Nel says 70 is normal. How does Derwent think he's qualified to comment on 71.
That's why Derwent spoke to Fine.
Nel's not interested in hearsay from Fine.
Nel says Dr Kotze doesn't agree.
Oldwage arguing again.

Wonder why the psychologists and psychiatrists who wrote the report dont come in and testify? If the State wants to rely on the reports they should call the doctors who wrote them. And since Nel has indicated that the state psychiatrist disagrees, then it sounds like he's going to call her = otherwise he should not mention that.

Nel reluctant to call Dr Sholtz... interesting!

Not sure I got the right name there, I meant Dr. Carla whatever.

N: Milady, I'm still formulating the question.

Oldwage insists the witness should be told if Nel is going to call Dr K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230