Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were the judge, I would put a stop to this and call the psychiatric witnesses myself. Apparently the judge has that discretion. This is a complete waste of time - non-psychiatric doctors and lawyers interpreting psychiatric tests.

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan
Nel won't confirm or deny that state plans to reopen its case to call Dr Carla Kotze as witness. @eNCAnews
3:14 AM - 7 Jul 2014

He's cross examining minor. Oldwage opened this door having this guy comment on the report.

I know, and Oldwage shouldnt have gone there. I dont know why they dont just call the doctors who wrote the reports.

ETA: The witness should concede the point and withdraw his statement about 71 results in a finding of a disorder

If someone has the report handy, I am sure I saw in the report a table of the mean results etc. ... and now Derman is reading them so I was right.

@barrybateman · 1m

#OscarTrial Derman: maintains that as a physician and someone who deals with all sorts of reports he is in position to make the comment. BB

D finds a section in psych report that says 'scores between 50-70 are normal results...although score of 70 is high, it is not a clinically diagnosable specific anxiety disorder'

Nel: I never said you're a genius but you do have to be a psychologist.

WD: I am used to interpreting various types of scores ... I'm not making any diagnosis here

Aimee Pistorius sitting with her head buried in her lap.

WD says he does feel qualified to comment on the psychological report.

WD: I am commenting on an interpretation of a test. Gives an example about concussions.

Nel asks question for a third time. Says WD doesn't want to answer.

Derman admits he wouldn’t give expert evidence in a family member's trial, but says OP isn’t one, he can still be objective.

Nel: I will argue that you are unable to be objective because you are his treating physician.

BIB - She's probably mortified that the world saw her playing the role of murdered girlfriend in the re-enactment.

Derman went off about his consultation and Nel said he's not interested. Brings up medical act now.

N: If I'm wrong, Mr Oldwage will be up.

And Mr O is immediately up, saying he hasn't got a cpy of what Nel is reading from, and judge takes his side!

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 7s

#OscarTrial Derman says while Pistorius has 70 and no clinically diagnosable disorder, if he had obtained 71 it would be a diff finding. BB

Is it Foster or Kotze?

First it was Sholtz or Kotze, now Foster or Kotze, and I would ask, is that Foster or Vorster?

Seems we have tower of babel talk today both online and in the court!

Judge wants copy to be given to O now. Nel only has document, not complete publication. It's SA ethics guidelines for psychiatrists/psychologists, I think.

Now D is off on one of his lectures again. About psych tests and who can comment on findings or not.

N: Are you done professor?

D: I beg your pardon?

N: Are you done?

D: Milady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics