Trial Discussion Thread #47 - 14.07.8, Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from Texas 2:17 a.m.

So what's on tap for this morning? Will defense rest? Will Nel request to re-open the state's case?

All we know so far is that Barry Roux has his head buried in a law journal.

Speaking about smoking guns - I thought the gun was supposed to be on the side of the bed near the balcony yet in the video OP gets the gun from the other side?

Journos are tweeting that Oldwage told media this morning defence will rest.

CNN said the Pistorius family are furious about the leaked video. The family said it was only meant for pre-trial use. Yeah, right.

On another note, I finally have my notes ready to post re the video. I'll wait until our first adjournment, if there is one. I was going to transcribe the whole thing but it looked like a TV script, so it's been edited down but it's still got just about every verbatim conversation. Just hope it was worth the effort.

Missed a bit of the guy speaking on Oscar Radio but think he's saying that 'heads of argument' are given to judge in written form and defence then gives their response to the judge. Whatever is disputed then goes back to be heard in court.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 9m
#OscarTrial no certainty that the defence will close when we get going in about 10 minutes. It appears there might be a surprise. BB

Lol, whoop just discovered the video's on youtube!

:shame:Omg !! And here I was always thinking I'm the "last to know."

Good morning, peeps !! I don't know how long I'll last here, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

The BBC say the footage showing OP re-enacting the events of the night he killed Reeva was not obtained illegally, an Australian TV network has said.

No Aimee or Arnold Pistorius at court today, says The GUardian's David Smith.

CNN said the Pistorius family are furious about the leaked video. The family said it was only meant for pre-trial use. Yeah, right.

On another note, I finally have my notes ready to post re the video. I'll wait until our first adjournment, if there is one. I was going to transcribe the whole thing but it looked like a TV script, so it's been edited down but it's still got just about every verbatim conversation. Just hope it was worth the effort.

R: I discussed things with Mr Nel

I think they have come to an agreement about Dr Kotze and Roux just talking about it for 'the sake of completeness'.

R: dr Fein is not fit to give evidence...and number of witnesses just refused to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay