Trial Discussion Thread #47 - 14.07.8, Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad that witnesses refused to testify because they did not want to be subjected to the publicity of having their voices heard in the trial

Roux: A number of our witnesses refused to testify because they did not want their voices heard worldwide....

Is he SURE that is the reason? lol

Has anybody got a live video link? I've got whoop on but wildaboutrial is still saying "event started but not live"

Roux: A number of our witnesses refused to testify because they did not want their voices heard worldwide....

Is he SURE that is the reason? lol

Roux: The Defence called other witnesses but they did not want their voice heard all over the world.

So, defence has closed its case, and revealed that lots of the witnesses they wanted to call would not give evidence and they didn't think it was good to try and get orders for them to do so.

It feels weird ..."We've come to the end of the defense case"

Good morning, dear websleuthers!

At 09:37am I'm curious what to come. :smile:

Defense talks about ‘the video’ - Exhibit 3: “Subject to your ruling. We are satisfied that it could be dealt with in the heads of states argument.

We would like to be made into the record, we were unable to call a number of witnesses…they don’t want their voices all over the world…

We close the case for the defense.”

Finally!!…It's Day 38…lawyer on Channel 199 said the defense is actually guilty of calling too many witnesses. Yep.

Nel talking about dates they will argue 'heads of argument'. July 15th and other dates.

Nel asks for No publication of heads or argument in advance. When stated in court it's fine.

Nel says counsel have agreed on dates - State will file heads of argument on 30 July. Defence on 4 August. Will argue matter on 7 and 8 August.

Nel wants their Heads of Argument filings sealed until the case is argued in court :(

Looks like we will not hear or see the closing arguments until proceedings have commenced.

@barrybateman · 5s

#OscarTrial Roux says they couldn’t call several witnesses because they simply refused

I'd suggest they don't want to testify because they've seen what's happened to every other witness for the DT with one or two exceptions.

Nel will give closing argument on 7 and 8 August.

Nel wants an order that publication of the heads of argument not go into public domain in either print or electronic media until such time that argument has commenced in court.

Masipa says it's theft if it leaks out and it's happened before. It's as simple as that. She'll grant the order.

Nel asks that heads of argument be filed with judge's registrar - so they don't become public documents.

No publication of heads of argument in media until argument has commenced in court - Nel.

If I heard correctly - the argument in court will be Aug 7-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member