Trial Discussion Thread #47 - 14.07.8, Day 38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was this animation made? How long after the bail affidavit as it has both the fans in his reworked position post-bail affidavit. Also includes the blue light. Does it include the door slam?

When was this animation made? How long after the bail affidavit as it has both the fans in his reworked position post-bail affidavit. Also includes the blue light. Does it include the door slam?

I don't know how accurate this is or whether additional material in the film was worked on later:-

http://www.ibtimes.com/oscar-pistor...o-showing-killing-girlfriend-obtained-1620374

“The footage was reportedly filmed in October 2013 by The Evidence Room, a U.S. company specializing in forensic animation.”

http://www.3news.co.nz/Leaked-video-shows-Oscar-Pistorius-re-enacting-shooting/tabid/417/articleID/351644/Default.aspx
The Evidence Room was hired by the defence team in October 2013 to digitally depict the sequence of events early on Valentine's Day last year, when Pistorius shot his girlfriend four times through a locked toilet door.

The bail affidavit was in Feb 2013 iirc and yes, the window opening, the door closing, and a loud screech of the magazine rack was used. Only problem is OP claims it was the "sound" in the toilet room(they used a loud screech from the magazine rack) that caused him to fire 4 shots into the door but according to the forensic evidence, the only sound the magazine rack likely made would have been after he had first shot RS in the hip and she'd fallen onto it, at which point he would then have fired the other 3 shots, one of which appears to have missed her and the last two hit her in the arm and head.

So we know then that OP had changed his version not soon after his bail affadavit (well months anyway) i.e. adding the extra fan, blue light and door slamming wasn't a last minute addition in court. I doubt they'd add anything to the video, that would be seriously tailoring a program and surely illegal!!

I don't know how accurate this is or whether additional material in the film was worked on later:-

http://www.ibtimes.com/oscar-pistor...o-showing-killing-girlfriend-obtained-1620374

“The footage was reportedly filmed in October 2013 by The Evidence Room, a U.S. company specializing in forensic animation.”

I still don't see how they can make both these claims... it pretty much has to be one or the other imo, but I'm not a lawyer... just how do obtain something illegally but also have an "undertaking" that it would not air before such and such a date??

Webber reportedly accused Channel 7 of not only obtaining the video illegally but also violating “an undertaking” that it would not air the video until the trial, which started in early March, concluded.

So we know then that OP had changed his version not soon after his bail affadavit (well months anyway) i.e. adding the extra fan, blue light and door slamming wasn't a last minute addition in court. I doubt they'd add anything to the video, that would be seriously tailoring a program and surely illegal!!

Roder, the guy who was in charge of making it, according to what he said in the video, was fully convinced by OP's story... at least the one OP was telling then(though I suppose the money didn't hurt, that is why they're in business doing what they're doing and from all reports it was Uncle A who had first invited Roder to SA to consult with him about the case).

I still don't see how they can make both these claims... it pretty much has to be one or the other imo, but I'm not a lawyer... just how do obtain something illegally but also have an "undertaking" that it would not air before such and such a date??

I think there was a hidden agenda with respect to its release but my purpose in posting this piece was to confirm the date the film was made. In all honesty I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of the article. There is so much in print about this issue I no longer seek it out.

Roder, the guy who was in charge of making it, according to what he said in the video, was fully convinced by OP's story... at least the one OP was telling then(though I suppose the money didn't hurt, that is why they're in business doing what they're doing and from all reports it was Uncle A who had first invited Roder to SA to consult with him about the case).

Maybe money talked, maybe Roder genuinely believes the guy, he's not the only one I guess.

And a few months is more than enough to get your story tighter. After watching this trial live (I don't watch a lot), I get the impression that inconsistencies in a guilty person's bail affidavit compared to their court testimony is probably the most effective way of proving guilt without witnesses.

Re airplane mode on Apple devices, it's not that time-consuming to switch in and out of. You just swipe the screen upwards from the bottom and from there you can toggle the aeroplane icon on and off. You don't have to go into settings to do it. If you want to use your phone or device while in airplane mode, coming out of it doesn't take more than a fraction of a second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there was a hidden agenda with respect to its release but my purpose in posting this piece was to confirm the date the film was made. In all honesty I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of the article. There is so much in print about this issue I no longer seek it out.

Hmm as to when it was made.. from this article it sounds like they were still working on it in Feb of this year.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SiJblgey8DkJ:http://time.com/5572/oscar-pistorius-dream-team-murder-trial/%2Bevidence+room+Pistorius&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&gbv=1&tbs=qdr:y&hl=en&&ct=clnk

Might it have gone something like this?

1. DT discover Ch7 is is possession of the video.
2. Ch7 denies that they have obtained it illegally, DT disagrees.
3. DT asks Ch7 not to show it until the situation is resolved (which will inevitably be after the end of the trial).
4. Ch7 lets DT think they won't show it, then shows it anyway because they are confident that they have acquired it legally.

Re airplane mode on Apple devices, it's not that time-consuming to switch in and out of. You just swipe the screen upwards from the bottom and from there you can toggle the aeroplane icon on and off. You don't have to go into settings to do it. If you want to use your phone or device while in airplane mode, coming out of it doesn't take more than a fraction of a second.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you sure the swipe feature for airplane mode was available before iOS 7?

OP would most likely have been on iOS 6 at the time he killed Reeva.

My suspicious nature tells me that they were probably working on it from October to February trying to come up with something that would help rather than hinder OP.

Though not surprised OP can walk/nearly run on his stumps (he has said in the past that he has moblity on his stumps) I was surprised that in the re-enactment video it shows him almost running, walking forward, walking backwards propping himself against a wall but at no time displaying the extreme pain he now says he has from his left heel pad that slips. I did not see him wince once! Another of OP's untruths? This boy incriminates himself every time he opens his mouth. Prof.D made a BIG point about the pain in OP's left heel pad that caused him to be quite incapacitated when walking on his stumps.

So, closing arguments are scheduled but a long way off, and I can barely wait. In all the drama, let's not forget, nobody is still even sure what the defence is going to be!

There are 3 issues which IMO are insurmountable:

- OP said, repeatedly and actually very clearly, that he did not intend to fire the shots. Rather, he painted a pictured of hearing a noise, thinking he was under attack, and undergoing an uncontrollable fear response. This closes off putative self defence - in terms of a judgement at least - and leaves involuntary action. But no evidence has been offered to prove such a response encompassing four shots is possible, even Derman said "why he fired is a question for Mr Pistorius".

- OP said he was shouting in front of the toilet door "get out!" This renders illogical his evidence that he believed he was under attack when he heard what he thought was the door opening

- OP never once considered or checked that it might have been Reeva, despite it being the simple sound of the window opening, despite her being awake, despite no response, and despite - as he is now at pains to prove, paradoxically - it being entirely possible and plausible for it to have been her, what with the time elapsed, back turned, loud fans, darkness etc

JMO, would love to hear what others think!

I don't understand why there was all the speculation about 'leaks' over the video .. if Roder owns the company who made the animation, and he featured in the Sunday Night programme .. then how can the videos have been 'leaked' .. from what I can see (I may be wrong) but if he willingly took part in the programme, then he must also have provided them with the video footage too (whether or not that was in agreement, or even asked to do so by the DT, I have no idea but he clearly must've worked with the Sunday Night programme makers in making this programme because he himself features pretty heavily in it!) Maybe I've misunderstood something, somewhere ...

Sorry for this dumb question but I have to ask..
OP is on his prosthesis legs on the photos taken in his garage but still his height is as if on his stumps abt 1.50-1.55 mt.. What am I missing lol ? image.jpg

I don't understand why there was all the speculation about 'leaks' over the video .. if Roder owns the company who made the animation, and he featured in the Sunday Night programme .. then how can the videos have been 'leaked' .. from what I can see (I may be wrong) but if he willingly took part in the programme, then he must also have provided them with the video footage too (whether or not that was in agreement, or even asked to do so by the DT, I have no idea but he clearly must've worked with the Sunday Night programme makers in making this programme because he himself features pretty heavily in it!) Maybe I've misunderstood something, somewhere ...

There are three reconstructions in the show:

- Roder's end-production animations, sound recordings etc which he glossily, formally and professionally demonstrates himself to the reporter. I have to say, the detail and accuracy (compared to what he was asked to depict) of the animation is painstaking. IMO this was finalised at the earliest just before the trial.

- the tv shows own stage reconstruction (not very accurate at all) which they simply used to host scripted segments for the reporters and to create dramatic footage with actors to spice up the show

- raw footage at Uncle Arnold's house with Roder that looks preparatory, unpolished and doesn't look like something Roder would ever give up given the nature of his business. IMO this was recorded well before the trial when Roder hears OPs account for the first time. This could well have been leaked, and it's very brief contents are devastating for OP

Also, we know OP wasn't tech savvy because Reeva had to explain to him what Face timing was:

@OscarPistorius It's called FaceTime boo!!! Hahahahaha :)

The above was tweeted by Reeva on 31 December 2012.

Also, if it is correct that OP heard a noise in the kitchen, picked up his phone and went downstairs at 1.48am, this suggests that Reeva stayed in the kitchen for some considerable time after her snack.

I guess it's possible she was re-working her speech at this time, but I feel she would have been anxious to get back to bed, given that she had an early start.

The other possibility, of course, is that OP took his phone downstairs closer to 1am and took it off airplane mode at 1.48am, ie, just before the row erupted/escalated.

Thanks for the useful info Sherbert !

I wonder what OP believed "face timing" to be ?? LOL

OP probably did not appreciate being made fun of by RS, on Twitter, on New Years Eve !! :hilarious:

If RS tweeted OP on New Years Eve, that means they were not together ?!?

Must make an effort to sleuth on Twitter… great source of info !

As for the timeline, my reasoning is the following :

- RS's hotspot on her phone was still active (possibility she forgot to turn it off)

- One must be awake, hungry and have access to food to eat… so RS was all of those

- Pr. Saayman estimated RS had eaten approximately 2 hours prior to TOD… so around 1:15AM… but this could easily be about 1:00AM or about 1:30AM

- OP's personal phone make a very long GPRS connection at 1:48AM after a lengthy (about 3 hours) absence of all communication on it

- EDVM hears a woman arguing at 1:56AM… EDVM can only hear what is happening at front of OP's house : kitchen / living room area

- EDVM hears a woman arguing until about 3:00AM ...the row moves from the kitchen / living room area to the bedroom

- OP shoots RS at 3:15AM

- OP's personal phone made another GPRS connection at 3:18AM after a lengthy (about 1.5 hours) absence of all communication on it… seconds before OP called Stander

The interesting "coincidence" is that OP's personal phone makes a GPRS connection ONLY when something important is happening… First time, when RS has eaten and the arguing begins… Second time, when OP kills RS and calls his buddy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomada701