Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R: 'Whilst the door was in safekeeping of forensic dept, it somehow it got serious marks on it that were not there before'

Col: 'It appears so'.

If the shots are positioned a few inches under the door handle it would surely mean they were at hip to thigh height - first one hits her hip, by the second she has collapsed into a crouch, still with her hand defensively raised, and the subsequent ones fired at the same height hit her in the arm and head...?

The bullet that hit her skull hit the front and exited at the base. I think she was hit in the hip first, fell and was hit in the head. Oscar may have been pointing down. An odd thing to do unless he could see her?

Thanks everyone for the updates and pictures. At work, can't watch or listen.

:blowkiss:

Why did Col laugh at Roux and say that will come out in the trial? Did he get removed from the case? (As it appears he should have.)

This entire testimony is making for high blood pressure due to incompetency or intentional "oversights".

Desc of bathroom

9mm cartridge on left by wall.

Bloody towels

Col asks what he's being asked to look for.

Oh no. Roux couldn't get a copy of bathroom inventory and Col hasn't seen one either....

Col showing bullet holes, on right. One complete, one a half hole.

By handle there are 'quite significant marks', Col says.

R asks if they were there when Col did his original investigation. Col looks at his picks from Mar 8th. Marks not there. :(

Here's a screenshot of Col Vermeulen indicating those very shots:

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 30
R wants Col to go through pics and select ones that can help him answer questions, by tomorrow morning.

Col: 'I will do so Milady.'

Roux wants him to bring his previous cases/training files for woodwork cases?

Col says there is not training file for bats hitting doors. 'Not routine type of investigation'.

Some locks are locked/unlocked manually, yes? They have a lock you can turn with your hand. This does not appear to be that kind of lock. It's just a key hole. Hope that makes sense.

That's what I said.

There seemed to be some confusion about it earlier, and I couldn't understand why. It is what it is. A keyhole for which there is a key.

R; 'Are you a certified toolmark examiner"

Col 'I am not, but principals I use are very similar to finding shoe prints etc..'

Roux wants to see his qualifications for this type of case and Col says 'I will have to see if I can find something'.

R says there were a number of people with cert toolmark qualifications in dept, including one on test scene that day?

That's what I said.

There seemed to be some confusion about it earlier, and I couldn't understand why. It is what it is. A keyhole for which there is a key.

Yes, you did, but I was responding to a post made earlier. The poster was asking why oscar needed a key to unlock the door, why didn't he just reach in and unlock the door after the panel fell out. I said he couldn't, he needed a key. The poster said it looks a door with a regular lock. I said no, it doesn't actually, it's just a key hole. He needed a key. There's no confusion. Just a convo we were having. Your post to me didn't really address the conversation properly. I hope it's clear now.

Col doesn't know what this person's quals are - though Roux seems to. It's a Mr Mortar?? He was at the post mortem too.

Nel up, asking what photos the witness is supposed to be looking at for tomorrow.

R says just go through the photos of Mar 8th, 2013.

Adjourned....or is witness just stepping down?

So what are the Col's credentials? A shoe impression analyst? A materials analyst?

If he's not a tool mark examiner, why was he tasked with examining the door regarding the cricket bat marks?

Unbelievable!

Witness asking for his case files back from defence.

Adjourned. Omigosh that seemed to collapse in a bit of a fiasco for the prosecution?? What do people think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487