Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the only real surprise in that case is that OP was on his stumps while attacking it with the cricket bat.

if the mark they are talking about with the sock fibre in it is close to the door handle, has nobody considered that he used his own prosthetics as blunt weapons before switching to the cricket bat? Could just as easily have done that as he could have kicked with them.

Something that could be interesting

.....the door was removed from Pistorius's house in Silver Woods Estate, in eastern Pretoria, the day after the killing.

And I noticed from the bail hearing:

Roux says his forensic expert went through the toilet carefully on the afternoon after the shooting.

Is it possible they might just throw this part of testimony out if the man doing the testing was not qualified?

However, it seems there is a positive result in all that fiasco:

OP was on his stumps and NOT - as he claimed - on his prosthetics when he tried to open the toilet door.

An.other lie....

-----------------------

22 minutes for loading WS website.... I give up, again :banghead: :banghead:

equals to bats come before shots ... as we predicted

I managed to grab this screenshot, and I circled what I believe are the bullet holes. Note also the sliver of wood missing from the reconstruction, I think that gap would allow viewing into the toilet.

Image35ab.jpg

Seems like this is proof the shots came before the bat.

The bullets most definitely penetrate the wood, which blows my belief he broke the panel and fired through the ensuing space. The lowest bullet hole looks like it was fired pretty much face on. The other 3 look like they were fired as he was standing to the left of the door (and not by the sinks), it looks like there is a similar angle on all 3 shots near the handle.

I managed to grab this screenshot, and I circled what I believe are the bullet holes. Note also the sliver of wood missing from the reconstruction, I think that gap would allow viewing into the toilet.

View attachment 41748

Great work.
For me that proves this surely proves that the only way the head shot could have come first is if Reeva was cowering on the floor?.

The bullets most definitely penetrate the wood, which blows my belief he broke the panel and fired through the ensuing space. The lowest bullet hole looks like it was fired pretty much face on. The other 3 look like they were fired as he was standing to the left of the door (and not by the sinks), it looks like there is a similar angle on all 3 shots near the handle.

1. there are a lot of beat traces around and above the bullet holes

2. one panel (right side of the door) was broken so he could look into the toilet room

3. Roux and Vermeulen disagree on whether broken door could be ripped open with hands #oscartrial (https://twitter.com/oscartrial199 )

Oh dear, what a disaster. I have just caught up with the evidence. This is a show trial, though I guess nobody knew this until recently. It makes a mockery of the forensic evidence thus far. One can only hope ballistics comes up with something better.

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't today's big revelation add slight credibility that a cover up was being attempted.
For example
They argue, he lays in his bed alone looking at *advertiser censored*/used cars.
At some point they argue again, out comes the gun, Reeva cowers in the toilet, he fires the shot's.
He then comes back with the bat to try and get the door open, eventually he gets the door open and by now is in a state of panic at what he's just done and the consequences.
He phones stander who comes over with the intent to help with a cover up but the whole thing is put to a stop by a combination of baba and stipp showing up.
Some notes on this theory
* It fits in perfectly with Oscar's bizarre decision to call Stander first
* It fits in with the everything is fine comment to Baba
* I've always thought Oscar's comment to Stipp that he thought Reeva was a intruder was somewhat defensive in it's nature.

I am also very keen to hear why Oscar went upstairs?.

Not saying i believe this is what happened, just a theory going off today's event's.

no... Roux didn't do that, and cant.. it isn't Roux turn to cross examine..Roux cannot interrupt and ask a question of the states witness until he is given leave to cross examine. he probably will when he takes over his segment.

but that was Nel who had the bloke demonstrate

He did though. Roux interjected and asked that the Col. Stand farther back and make the swings from other positions to see where it would hit. The Colonel did so, with Nel asking something like "can you reach it from there?".

I agree with Canny: OP was in furious anger, hit/beat everything in its vicinity...

Here is the floorplan shown in the bail hearing

After seeing this, and the photo of the METAL plate which could have been stricken by the cricket bat...how are we not hearing from any side about the noise of a bat hitting METAL????

ETA: :blowkiss: to EVERYONE that is staying up posting. It just became too hard and frustrating for me to follow live. Kudos to you guys!

I'm just gonna throw this out, and it is merely my own speculation. I think there was an argument, and it was probably over some texting OP was doing or had done with another female. Some how later, Reeva snuck his phone away and took it to the toilet to read, or see what he had been doing. When Oscar realized his phone was gone, he went into a rage to get it back...
Both phones were found in the toilet.

Of course Oscar couldn't have used his phone anyway, because he had forgotten his password :wink:

Most folks at night charge their phones, do their not? Agree, it's hinkey that all 4 phones were in the bathroom. Very very hinkey to me. Mine... charging by the bed.

Thinking about it awhile I beleive Nel knew the door and testimony was an issue he had to address or Roux would have. I beleive it's part of his strategy to present the weakest part of his case after 6 strong witnesses.

I think he knew it was coming and now was the time to get it out there. I don't think overall it weakens what happened that night.

The screams before bangs
The mixed voices
The food eaten 2-3 hours earlier
The argument heard 1 hour before
OP on his stumps and not his prosthesis

There is a total picture coming out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth