Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I have thought about the fact that OP may have kicked the door with his bare "foot". What are they made of? Can imagine they are pretty hard or are they so advanced these days they would almost be like a real foot??

I'm just playing with the notion that one (first bang at 3.17)of the "bangs" heard could possibly been one of his kicks? We have heard there was a BANG......BANG BANG BANG....is it possible the first bang was his false foot kicking the door at all? Any thoughts on this from anyone??

Sorry if this has been covered but just picking up from earlier.

ETA: sorry, disregard, just saw he was wearing a sock :blushing:

Seems like the latest ones are of Nasa-developed, 'slow springback' polymer?foam layers, stuck together to make 'laminar'.

It sounds flexible and hardwearing, but not hard enough to break much with it, especially not wood.

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2005/ch_6.html

Just another thought, if Oscar opened the door with the key as he claimed, shouldn't the key still be in the door?.
perhaps another police/forensics blunder.

Since Oscar has proved himself to be quite trigger finger happy, someone should have long ago taken all his guns away and replaced them with NERF toy guns, so he could feel all manly and macho but not actually hurt or kill anyone. Just sayin', but the guy was always ready to go off. Reeva's murder is really just an end point of a long chain of behaviors and habits, involving OP's obsession with and misuse of firearms, IMO.

My worst fear coming into this trial was the potential for blunders denying justice, i really hope that's not the feeling many of us are left with when all is said and done.
I'm sorry but over 1 year ago I posted on these very forums that the odds were very high of the case being thrown due to police negligence and incompetence. It happens all the time. The state is continually failing justice in their seemingly lack of interest in following up on the evidence or doing any legwork etc.

That being said, I'm still on the fence however, it would be a travesty if OP walked off scot free without doing a days time...he is still guilty of killing a girl, regardless of circumstance and he deserves jail time for that at the very least.

I already posted here a few days ago, that his prostheses (for everyday use--not the carbon-fiber J blades) are made of fiberglass and he detailed in his autiobio how easily they break or shatter.

I gave my opinion that "no way" would he have attempted to kick the door with his prostheses because he knew they would likely immediately break or shatter.

And of course, he might then also have a serious fall and injury.

So again one of the many things in his BH affi that are highly improbable, but still theoretically possibe. Maybe the only thing today from the witness that was credible (IMO)--no evidence that the door was struck by OP's prosthestics.

I only heard a tiny part of today's testimony. But Roux is right, just because somethng was uncomfy for him, it may have little bearing on whether OP could do it. OP is a supreme athlete, with great balance on his stumps--from his own autiobio. And he has great upper body strength--which powers his racing. He also played cricket in HS.

This could favor either side--or a third side--, but IMO OP could do almost anything with the bat to the door. So, so far that witness in this regard and some other (crucial) matters that I read, may not be helpful in the final analysis to the PT (or the truth?).

Great work.
For me that proves this surely proves that the only way the head shot could have come first is if Reeva was cowering on the floor?.
Or she was actually sitting on the loo!

Does anyone know the penalty for the charge of discharging a gun in a public place (2 counts) in SA?

For several reasons, I can see OP being ruled innocent of murder charge and being found guilty of the gun discharge charges. This way he gets a conviction but not the serious one.

So I am curious as to the penalty of those charges if found guilty.
I believe he also should be found guilty of having that ammunition in his safe. This would be almost a given, if police found it, and he has no license for it, as it is for a different gun.

So the last is the most likely thing IMO that he can be found guilty of. Anyone know the penalty for this charge?

equals to bats come before shots ... as we predicted
If the bat came before shots, how on earth did the bullet holes get into the panels that were out the door, bashed out with the cricket bat?? In the crime scene pic, you can clearly see the missing panels? I don't think it would have been possible for him to pick up the panel off the floor and fire 2 shots through them...that seems unrealistic IMO.

This highly experienced Prosecutor surely had to know what was coming with this evidence. I will assume he also knew that the Col is not a very good witness. To me, his entire demeanor, speech pattern (lots of uh-uhs), unfortunate habit of laughing inappropriately when under stress, and inability to at least try to finesse his way out of a sticky corner by giving a dignified and professional answer all add up to a poor performance.

This Prosecutor has to take the evidence, the treatment of the evidence and the State witnesses as found. And he knows how Roux works. They made the decision to prosecute. So lets expect more damning evidence to come.

-------------------

I too am appalled at the unknown footprint on the door! Quite frankly, this smacks of a deliberate attempt to alter evidence in this case. If the door left the crime scene encased in a body bag, then how did it then get un-encased in order for a footprint to be implanted on it?

Also, the idea that the budget for Police Inspectors is so low that protective gloves and booties cannot be purchased is ridiculous! I would be more apt to believe that LE officials are not following protocol and just say this as an excuse to cover their azzes.

There was a time in the healthcare field when wearing protective gear - specifically gloves - was still optional. Then wearing gloves became mandatory for certain procedures. There was a long, long period of crossover when far too many still did NOT wear gloves when they were mandated to do so. I personally witnessed this numerous times. People resist change in procedures they have been doing for a long time. Sometimes it seems that only when they face personal negative consequences do they then comply with new regulations.

Oh, and nothing we saw today is any different than what we have seen in numerous trials in the U.S. Parts of evidence being missing, evidence not stored properly, etc. etc. It does make you want to :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If the bat came before shots, how on earth did the bullet holes get into the panels that were out the door, bashed out with the cricket bat?? In the crime scene pic, you can clearly see the missing panels? I don't think it would have been possible for him to pick up the panel off the floor and fire 2 shots through them...that seems unrealistic IMO.

Perhaps when he bashed the door it only broke that small piece that is missing, and he had to pull at the panel with his hands to remove it? Just because the bat broke the panel, doesn't mean the panel fell out from the bat hits. If it's the case that the panel was only partially damaged and did not fall out, it may have given Pistorius a chance to see where Ms Steenkamp was, fire through the door at her, and once she was mortally wounded/unable to defend herself, then pull the broken panel off.

It have wondered about this too...and wondered if he was shooting towards noises that were emanating from the room...or if he looked through the keyhole

Im of the opinion that if looked through the keyhole, he would have seen nothing. I've just looked through my bathroom keyhole and all I can see is a very small portion of the opposite wall...considering the keyhole in relation to the loo, I can't fathom why he would have done that tbh.

shane13: I thought I read an article that said 5 yrs. each is possible for the gun related charges.

I thought it was 36 inches - but I thought that was simply the measurement taken from her foot to the hip wound. I might be wrong though.

Sorry, was typo..I meant 36 and our wonderful moderator corrected it! Thanks Bessie!

I managed to grab this screenshot, and I circled what I believe are the bullet holes. Note also the sliver of wood missing from the reconstruction, I think that gap would allow viewing into the toilet.

View attachment 41748

Thanks for the post. Until I saw this, I had only seen the ones with the tape and envisioned them MUCH HIGHER than they now appear.

d5js.jpg

:p

I have no idea what to say about today's events..going to catch up quick.

:bump: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

shane13: I thought I read an article that said 5 yrs. each is possible for the gun related charges.

Thanks, Always.
That was for the public discharge charge (2 counts), and the charge of having the "wrong' type of ammuniiton charge?

If so,that is 15 years, which I doubt he would ever get. But thanks for the info.

Does anyone know the penalty for the charge of discharging a gun in a public place (2 counts) in SA?

For several reasons, I can see OP being ruled innocent of murder charge and being found guilty of the gun discharge charges. This way he gets a conviction but not the serious one.

So I am curious as to the penalty of those charges if found guilty.
I believe he also should be found guilty of having that ammunition in his safe. This would be almost a given, if police found it, and he has no license for it, as it is for a different gun.

So the last is the most likely thing IMO that he can be found guilty of. Anyone know the penalty for this charge?
Suspended sentence and/or fine with his license to own guns being revoked. I highly doubt he will serve a minutes sentence for that charge.

This highly experienced Prosecutor surely had to know what was coming with this evidence. I will assume he also knew that the Col is not a very good witness. To me, his entire demeanor, speech pattern (lots of uh-uhs), unfortunate habit of laughing inappropriately when under stress, and inability to at least try to finesse his way out of a sticky corner by giving a dignified and professional answer all add up to a poor performance.

This Prosecutor has to take the evidence, the treatment of the evidence and the State witnesses as found. And he knows how Roux works. They made the decision to prosecute. So lets expect more damning evidence to come.

-------------------

I too am appalled at the unknown footprint on the door! Quite frankly, this smacks of a deliberate attempt to alter evidence in this case. If the door left the crime scene encased in a body bag, then how did it then get un-encased in order for a footprint to be implanted on it?

Also, the idea that the budget for Police Inspectors is so low that protective gloves and booties cannot be purchased is ridiculous! I would be more apt to believe that LE officials are not following protocol and just say this as an excuse to cover their azzes.

There was a time in the healthcare field when wearing protective gear - specifically gloves - was still optional. Then wearing gloves became mandatory for certain procedures. There was a long, long period of crossover when far too many still did NOT wear gloves when they were mandated to do so. I personally witnessed this numerous times. People resist change in procedures they have been doing for a long time. Sometimes it seems that only when they face personal negative consequences do they then comply with new regulations.

Oh, and nothing we saw today is any different than what we have seen in numerous trials in the U.S. Parts of evidence being missing, evidence not stored properly, etc. etc. It does make you want to :banghead::banghead::banghead:

BBM

Good, deep thinking.
This is the kind of thing I have been alluding to.

Suspended sentence and/or fine with his license to own guns being revoked. I highly doubt he will serve a minutes sentence for that charge.

But do you think that kind of sentencing would occur for the average bloke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor