Australia- Two sisters in their 20s found dead inside Sydney unit had been there lengthy time, Suspicious deaths, June 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember an article repeating workers saying something about a chlorine/cleaning product smell.

jmho ymmv lrr
Probably someone threw some bleach around after the bodies were taken away, before the cleaners arrived, since the smell of death is unbearable.

If it's a choice between media reports alleging what was said by workers; vs a report by professional forensic scientists who worked the original scene, I know which one I consider more dependable for facts.

JMO

Oh Yes!
I forgot it was Covid time. Wow!
And their staying permit was coming to an end I suppose.
In June 2022 NSW had come out of lockdown for months, and things were slowly and surely getting back to normal. Including finding a job - indeed there has been labour shortage since then. Not sure about their visas... I forgot the details.

I have tried to find news of an inquest but have been unsuccessful. It looks to me that Murdoch media has been able to obtain the latest scoop from police? sources, ahead of the actual inquest. MOO

Probably someone threw some bleach around after the bodies were taken away, before the cleaners arrived, since the smell of death is unbearable.

If it's a choice between media reports alleging what was said by workers; vs a report by professional forensic scientists who worked the original scene, I know which one I consider more dependable for facts.

JMO
AFAIK that info has not been published.
On wS we get to discuss and speculate upon published material from a selection of approved MSM sources and that is what we have been doing since news of their deaths broke.

"sodium, nitrate and fluoride" also come up as a mouthwash in google search.

I'm no expert in suicides but I find it very strange if they chose this method to die in a "suicide pact" and managed to die in separate rooms on their own.

What about the early reports about chlorine and chemicals found in the rooms they died? And reports that the girls were afraid someone was tampering with their food and were afraid for their lives?

There are many discrepancies and little information released. They had a very expensive car in their possession. Couldn't they sell it to cover a years worth of rent?

Was the car ownership in their name?

Perhaps they were being followed though not by a private investigator. Somehow the women were so frightened that they wouldn't leave the apartment or even open the door to police.

It's good to read that they had some friends. Perhaps these friends were in Saudi Arabia, because we don't hear of their friends offering any assistance. They may have been too far away to connect the sisters with job opportunities or social assistance.

Well, an atheist or a lesbian, they were still.brought up in Islamic tradition, and letting men enter their apartment was a serious step. I think it was not paranoia, just culture-appropriate behavior.

I wonder if the supporting relative passed away, and the brothers decided not to continue supporting them.

Sisters Asra Abdullah Alsehli (left) and Amaal Abdullah Alsehli

When the sisters’ deaths were discovered, their family did not travel to Australia to claim their bodies, instead delegating authority to the Saudi consulate in Sydney.

NSW police confirmed that the sisters’ bodies had since been repatriated to Saudi Arabia.
It comes after the Guardian revealed the sisters attended a girls-only queer event in January where they told acquaintances gay women “live in fear” in Saudi Arabia.

A woman who met the sisters at the event said they were “keeping to themselves” at the party and were reluctant to talk in detail about their home country.

“They mentioned that they were from Saudi Arabia, and we talked about what it is like to be queer there,” the woman said.

“They said women live in fear of their safety and that they were grateful to be living in Australia, where they could more freely express themselves.

These sisters are mentioned in the second half of this article The Saudi wife who fled to Melbourne - then disappeared
Thank you, from link, rbbm

‘The threat is real’​

Around the same time Lolita came to Australia, the country was grappling with the mysterious deaths of two other Saudi women.
In June of 2022, the badly decomposed bodies of sisters Asra and Amaal Alsehli were discovered in their Western Sydney apartment.
Little is known about how they died, but police have described the case as both "suspicious" and "unusual", and it will soon be the subject of a coronial inquest.
But according to those who witnessed their behaviour, Asra and Amaal - who travelled to Australia from Saudi Arabia in 2017 to seek asylum - were living in fear.''

‘The threat is real’​

Around the same time Lolita came to Australia, the country was grappling with the mysterious deaths of two other Saudi women.
In June of 2022, the badly decomposed bodies of sisters Asra and Amaal Alsehli were discovered in their Western Sydney apartment.
Little is known about how they died, but police have described the case as both "suspicious" and "unusual", and it will soon be the subject of a coronial inquest.
But according to those who witnessed their behaviour, Asra and Amaal - who travelled to Australia from Saudi Arabia in 2017 to seek asylum - were living in fear.''
I looked to see if a date for the inquest is on the Coroners Court of NSW site, but there is nothing there yet.

‘The threat is real’​

Thanks for this and glad there will be an inquest. This was so terribly sad and would love to see a spotlight on their plight. It did seem like the sisters were accessing community support at one stage but then didn’t or couldn’t maintain that.

I looked to see if a date for the inquest is on the Coroners Court of NSW site, but there is nothing there yet.

But...
Weren't their deaths decided to be suicide?
Their bodies were taken by family and buried at home country if IRC.

What else could be found now? :oops:
So much time has passed.

But...

So much time has passed.

No, I think the police thought their deaths were suspicious.

Their deaths were “suspicious in nature in that we don’t know the cause of death”, Detective Inspector Claudia Allcroft said.

No, I think the police thought their deaths were suspicious.

Their deaths were “suspicious in nature in that we don’t know the cause of death”, Detective Inspector Claudia Allcroft said.

"Sources added police strongly believe the sisters acted on a suicide pact."

" 'There’s no indication of anyone else being in the unit … no forced entry.
It really does appear to be a tragic suicide',
a senior police source told The Daily Telegraph."

"How tragic Saudi sisters

'died in a suicide pact in their unit'

after they were cut off from their father's money -

as grim new details emerge."

Plus countless other reports from Australian Press.

We have also had countless discussions on this thread regarding this issue.

Last edited:
But...

So much time has passed.
The cause of death of the girls was never determined.

The cause of death of the girls was never determined.

What do you mean?

There were reports citing toxicology.

All are there in these thread.

Last edited:
I remember that they thought they were being poisoned. I wonder if their autopsies found anything identifiable in their systems. If they were able to have autopsies. I don't recall reading anything about that. Does an autopsy require a family's permission in a situation like that?

ETA: Just had a quick look, they did have autopsies. Toxins were found. It was police speculation that it was suicide, not a definite.

What do you mean?

There were reports citing toxicology.

All are there in these threads.
Toxicology was inconclusive.

Their family didn’t come to Australia to claim the girls’ bodies…

“When the sisters’ deaths were discovered, their family did not travel to Australia to claim their bodies, instead delegating authority to the Saudi consulate in Sydney.”

Well,
I have been involved in this thread from the start.
I remember Police stated firmly it was a suicide pact.
And that family collected the bodies.

So,
Now they change their outlook?

With bodies buried
and
the apartment redecorated?
Somebody lives there now.

What can they find there as all clues have been removed? :rolleyes:

Isn't it too late?
There was time to investigate properly.

JMO

Members online