Australia- Two sisters in their 20s found dead inside Sydney unit had been there lengthy time, Suspicious deaths, June 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Water. Well first the flat would have to be individually metered. Then it would depend what kind of meter it was: whether able to be remotely read and if so the frequency of data transmission. Then the water supplier would need to be storing the information. If it's receiving hourly readings, that's a lot of information across clients, when all it needs for billing is perhaps quarterly totals.

(I've never paid for water, because the flats where I've lived haven't been individually water-metered. Australia, but not NSW.)

But if the sisters were killed there was probably someone else in the flat, who could have used water, electricity, even their phones, any time after their deaths. It's still important to know when the young women were last seen in person, and by whom.
Their landlord would have got the water bills. They are always, from my experience with strata units, individually billed by the quarter. Can't remember if it shows quarterly usage, or a breakdown by month.

Their landlord would have got the water bills. They are always, from my experience with strata units, individually billed by the quarter. Can't remember if it shows quarterly usage, or a breakdown by month.

It is likely your unit or townhouse does not have an individual water meter as most apartment buildings in NSW have only one main meter. This is due to it not being a requirement for new developments until 2014.

Monitoring usage in strata buildings

For those buildings with only one master water meter, costs are incurred as follows:

• Each owner receives a quarterly bill from Sydney Water which is a fixed charge for provision of services e.g. stormwater and sewerage. This bill does not include any water consumption.
  • The Owners Corporation receive a quarterly bill for all water consumed at the complex. This includes all common area taps and toilets but also water usage for all apartments including their taps, toilets, washing machines etc.

So water usage is paid by the Strata and each owner contributes to this via the levies.

No individual meter--no measurement of the water consumption specific to each unit. Unless I'm misinterpreting.

It is likely your unit or townhouse does not have an individual water meter as most apartment buildings in NSW have only one main meter. This is due to it not being a requirement for new developments until 2014.

Monitoring usage in strata buildings

For those buildings with only one master water meter, costs are incurred as follows:

• Each owner receives a quarterly bill from Sydney Water which is a fixed charge for provision of services e.g. stormwater and sewerage. This bill does not include any water consumption.
  • The Owners Corporation receive a quarterly bill for all water consumed at the complex. This includes all common area taps and toilets but also water usage for all apartments including their taps, toilets, washing machines etc.

So water usage is paid by the Strata and each owner contributes to this via the levies.

No individual meter--no measurement of the water consumption specific to each unit. Unless I'm misinterpreting.

Attachments

• iMarkup_20220927_104623.jpg
    iMarkup_20220927_104623.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 13
Via Marple, I don't know why, but I can't quote your post. Yes that looks like your strata unit is individually metered. I hope you realize that all the top part of my post, italicized, is a quotation from the linked article . . . I wasn't telling you I know your unit better than you do.

Anyway . . . it's reported that there was a police check in mid-March, and then another one whose date isn't given, and then the last one on 7 June which found them dead. So perhaps the last known sighting was the second of those three checks.

Via Marple, I don't know why, but I can't quote your post. Yes that looks like your strata unit is individually metered. I hope you realize that all the top part of my post, italicized, is a quotation from the linked article . . . I wasn't telling you I know your unit better than you do.

Anyway . . . it's reported that there was a police check in mid-March, and then another one whose date isn't given, and then the last one on 7 June which found them dead. So perhaps the last known sighting was the second of those three checks.
I knew what you had meant @JLZ
I was simply in a hurry and didn't have time to write something to go with my photos.

My homes was/is older than /about the same age as the Canterbury building. So yes, I still think the landlord has the bills, and the police should have the details.

Usually the landlord pays for drainage and tenant for usage in my experience with my investment properties that are apartments in Vic

I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear any more.
Remember how Jamal khashoggi disappeared into the Saudi Embassy never ever seen again, has anyone found out the connection between the two sisters and the family in the Middle East, if this was a family matter there'll be no helping in the diplomatic channels and the family might not be willing to help, the case will stall.

What happened with the toxicology? Surely it wouldn’t take this long. Would love to know what the rumours are about their deaths within their family/friends groups back in SA. Would be interested to see what they all speculate
Throwing a curly one in here the two journalists who said they experienced an uneasy moment, the car pulling up and someone taking photos, we don't know what the girls were mixed up in, and maybe they got caught up with the wrong crowd. Speculation about criminal world, our people pretending to be criminals ,you think a killer if they're doing business for the family due to the sisters pronouncing Islam and taking up Christianity or being gay,the killer our killers would not stick around, if it was related to family, supposably criminals or some people are worried about the situation of journalists sticking their beaks in so criminals or Shady Characters getting worried, they could be mixed up and some very Shady business we don't know

Throwing a curly one in here the two journalists who said they experienced an uneasy moment, the car pulling up and someone taking photos, we don't know what the girls were mixed up in, and maybe they got caught up with the wrong crowd. Speculation about criminal world, our people pretending to be criminals ,you think a killer if they're doing business for the family due to the sisters pronouncing Islam and taking up Christianity or being gay,the killer our killers would not stick around, if it was related to family, supposably criminals or some people are worried about the situation of journalists sticking their beaks in so criminals or Shady Characters getting worried, they could be mixed up and some very Shady business we don't know
Sorry denouncing is Islam and taking up Christianity

I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear any more.
I would not be surprised either. IMO the parents have probably asked for no further information be released by the coroner and Police. This situation, in their minds, has probably brought shame to their family ( if they were here with out their parents approval) and they just want it forgotten and to go away. Either that or there simply is no further info, if police have put it down to suicide or death by misadventure.

I would not be surprised either. IMO the parents have probably asked for no further information be released by the coroner and Police. This situation, in their minds, has probably brought shame to their family ( if they were here with out their parents approval) and they just want it forgotten and to go away. Either that or there simply is no further info, if police have put it down to suicide or death by misadventure.
Hats off to the too journalists probing the investigation of the deaths of the two sisters by doing what journalist do well,by asking questions.
By Mahmood Fazal and Rachael Brown

Sat 6 Aug 2022

The two sisters huddled together in the corner of the room while people what other checking on their welfare or fixing leaking repairs, someone was or may have been in that apartment, someone who scared them, smacks of involvement from the foreign government , wow two crucifixes on the floor one of the bedrooms ripped maybe from them ,they'll probably held in one-bedroom captive when someone came to the door they were so scared, hugging each other in the corner of the room,even when the police turned up they were scared .

The sisters believed they've been followed by private investigator according to the journalist, why when you have well-connected links in Saudi Arabia, even when escaping with their lives , did they jump into the frying pan ,they were definitely not paranoid been followed that's a very dark place two be, Maybe the sisters new running would not help ,they were so scared, they were also scared that their family,and brothers might come to get them, only someone who is seeking Asylum for their religion or sexuality would know the that awaited them if they return back to Saudi Arabia or indeed cornered by a killer, the death of two beautiful sisters and murder investigation that is stalled , according to the journalist the police should go back an interview building manager maintenance he's got stories to tell about a middle eastern man claiming to live in the same flat,as the two sisters around the same time, I think the homicide Detective have time on their side, as murder has no limitations of time.
If this is some kind of honour killing the family and Saudi embassy and the Killer or killers, believe that they have right on this side, because it's family honour.

If you are raised in a religion, denouncing it is a scary thing to start with. But going free because your religion doesn’t provide any freedom for women and doesn’t support gays I understand.

Choosing another religion is a very, very serious and complex step - if we assume it happened. It had to be the denomination that was milder on gays. If one of the girls was truly gay, and not simply confused and trying to sort things out for herself, I can imagine them turning to Lutherans, or maybe Anglican Church, but very few others. Someone had to instruct them in Christianity, though - while buying a cross is no big deal, wearing one means some indoctrination, I think?

It would be interesting to see if the sisters visited any church in the neighborhood. Obtaining a church community could be a huge help, including meals and other things if they ran out of money. Interesting why this line has not been explored, or was it?

If you are raised in a religion, denouncing it is a scary thing to start with. But going free because your religion doesn’t provide any freedom for women and doesn’t support gays I understand.

Choosing another religion is a very, very serious and complex step - if we assume it happened. It had to be the denomination that was milder on gays. If one of the girls was truly gay, and not simply confused and trying to sort things out for herself, I can imagine them turning to Lutherans, or maybe Anglican Church, but very few others. Someone had to instruct them in Christianity, though - while buying a cross is no big deal, wearing one means some indoctrination, I think?

It would be interesting to see if the sisters visited any church in the neighborhood. Obtaining a church community could be a huge help, including meals and other things if they ran out of money. Interesting why this line has not been explored, or was it?

Keep in mind that there are several groups with the denominations mentioned -- you'll find a range of acceptance of choices in most Protestant groups.

Agree that moving to a different religion is a big step!

No idea in Australia which groups would be the most tolerant, although I could tell you in the US.

May these young ladies now rest in peace.

RIP. The story is unbelievably sad.
Reports from both journalist the family in Saudi Arabia didn't want the body's returned, home in Saudi Arabia.
Don't know whether they were forced to accept the bodys ,but both sisters were returned , one might ask what happened to the bodies in Saudi Arabia is a mystery.

Reports from both journalist the family in Saudi Arabia didn't want the body's returned, home in Saudi Arabia.
Don't know whether they were forced to accept the bodys ,but both sisters were returned , one might ask what happened to the bodies in Saudi Arabia is a mystery.
The family not wanting their bodies returned is telling..these poor girls :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back