Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's getting ready to throw the Stipps under the bus. I don't think the judge will appreciate that. They are a very educated, well respected professional black couple, who 'made it' out of apartheid, and Roux is dissing them in court. And Stipp ran out of his safe home to confront danger because he thought a child was being harmed. And Roux is making fun of them now.

I think she should have interrupted Roux there. If he thinks they were lying, he should just state that and move on without the sneering or innuendo. They should have been afforded a bit more protection by the judge IMO.

Still listing times of all the calls: 'Mr Peter Baba told the court he received a call, as a result he went to Dr Stipp's house. So Dr Stipp's evidence that his first call didn't go thru, was false. And Dr S was (seen) on the street, at 3.22.

R: We give you the reported times;

Cell phone data, security card stamps, objective facts.

2.20 security activated guard track next to OP hse. Peter Baba was right by house, that's why it's important. If there was a loud argument. But he said everything was normal. It's fatal for the state. Cannot be.

Well that's an easy one to answer .. loud arguments of this type aren't continuous, they stop and start stop and start and the security guard may not have been outside the house at the particular point of one of the 'eruptions' .. and even if he had been, his job is not to look for, or to intervene in, domestic disputes .. their job is to look for intruders and burglars, i.e. anyone who may have breached the outer security wall/perimeter. It's not 'fatal' to the state's case in the slightest.

Now the height thing... Roux is conveniently also ignoring that the trees had had at least a month to grow in between the murder and when they took the pics they used to x the Stipps. I understood Stipp to have meant that he could see over the trees because they weren't that tall, not that he saw the figure in the top part of the window, wasn't there blinds covering most of the top part of the windows?

http://juror13lw.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/open-window.png?w=300&h=179

Edit: This one shows that the trees were nowhere near high enough to have obstructed the view of the bottom part of the windows.

http://juror13lw.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/view-of-the-upstairs-bathroom-windows-from-the-outside.png?w=300&h=169

R: It must be a coincidence that call Stipp said didn't go thru, was registered, coincidence security went to his house...3.24/25 Dr S arrived at the house

Lising other people who saw Stipp arrive.

I feel so sorry for the Stipps :( That guy ran towards that house not knowing what danger he was in himself to offer any assistance he could give and this is how he's treated?

R: Dr S realized there was no hope. Walked out, met Stander.

Well, I know most of you think this is an easy matter of determining OP guilty - but Roux is effectively smashing the state's case with instance after instance of reasonable doubt

Roux is smiling like an arrogant $%#@ while making fun of Dr Stipp. I don't think MY Lady will appreciate that rudeness.

R: 3.50 was the declaration of death by the paramedics.

I feel so sorry for the Stipps :( That guy ran towards that house not knowing what danger he was in himself to offer any assistance he could give and this is how he's treated?

Stipp was mistaken about some of his testimony. Of course the defense has to point that out.

He has not smashed the case of culpable murder.

Roux needs to catch his breath. Tea break 15 mins

Well, I know most of you think this is an easy matter of determining OP guilty - but Roux is effectively smashing the state's case with instance after instance of reasonable doubt

Yes, sure he is ;-)

Stipp was mistaken about some of his testimony. Of course the defense has to point that out.

But he doesnt have to ridicule the Stipps, with an arrogant smile while doing so.

They could have done exactly that with a little more compassion. Dr Stipp left his wife and children to go and help. He may never have came back if it were real intruders. Mr Roux could easily have acknowledge how 'mistaken' he was without the sneering and derision.

Yes, of course they do, I agree if there are some discrepancies .. but there is no need to do it in the way that Roux has done, it's appalling.

But he doesnt have to ridicule the Stipps, with an arrogant smile while doing so.

I agree. I was listening from Oscar radio and was not watching, so I did not see facial expressions and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb