Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FromGermany, here are the Swedish cookies I was trying to remember yesterday. The name doesn't begin with 'R' at all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 121
FromGermany, here are the Swedish cookies I was trying to remember yesterday. The name doesn't begin with 'R' at all!

Has somebody taken a bit out of the top one and put it back in the packet?

Well...perhaps while Roux is effectively smashing the State's case, he can explain to me why his client allowed his girlfriend to bleed out on a bathroom floor for nearly (approximately, up to, as much as) 15 minutes before calling emergency services (while he's running around screaming like a woman), only after using his Phone a Friend option...and how Reeva miraculously came back to life long enough to leave arterial spray below the stairwell.

Has somebody taken a bit out of the top one and put it back in the packet?

Nein! Lol, they are crispy and break in the pack.

ETA: Someone has taken several bites now though. :)

:waitasec:Could someone explain why OP didn't plead guilty to the firearm charge relating to discharging the glock in the restaurant? Roux told the judge he is guilty. Why plead not guilty? Why not change your plea? Or are you unable to do that in SA?

Thanks in advance.:)

Well...perhaps while Roux is effectively smashing the State's case, he can explain to me why his client allowed his girlfriend to bleed out on a bathroom floor for nearly (approximately, up to, as much as) 15 minutes before calling emergency services (while he's running around screaming like a woman), only after using his Phone a Friend option...and how Reeva miraculously came back to life long enough to leave arterial spray below the stairwell.

From somebody who is bound to have first aid training and who knows a thing or two about injuries due to constantly having bleeding stumps and the ability to keep calm while half his face was bashed in after a boating accident.

Hey Kate! Glad to see ya made it.
:seeya:
Guess we need to send a search party for Trooper.

Well that's an easy one to answer .. loud arguments of this type aren't continuous, they stop and start stop and start and the security guard may not have been outside the house at the particular point of one of the 'eruptions' .. and even if he had been, his job is not to look for, or to intervene in, domestic disputes .. their job is to look for intruders and burglars, i.e. anyone who may have breached the outer security wall/perimeter. It's not 'fatal' to the state's case in the slightest.
Well said! Rouxs use of the word "fatal" is rather ridiculous. Roux should stick to facts!

In the interests of parity, I do wish Nel had professed extreme indignance yesterday at the removal of Reeva's bag and Op's mobile from the crime scene. I'm not sure if this conduct has been mentioned in the State's Heads of Argument. If not, Milady may not have registered the Defence's hypocrisy.

We are back.

R will deal with sounds, but first, back to Stipps.

I agree - he hasn't addressed it yet. But he has smashed the case of intentional murder.

I dont think he has quite smashed it. He has brought up a few discrepancies. But there are quite a few arguments still to be made. No talk yet of OP sounding like a woman.

:waitasec:Could someone explain why OP didn't plead guilty to the firearm charge relating to discharging the glock in the restaurant? Roux told the judge he is guilty. Why plead not guilty? Why not change your plea? Or are you unable to do that in SA?

Thanks in advance.:)
IIRC, a defendant can change their plea in South Africa at any time up to judgement - they need to make an application to do so to the court. So, ya got me as to why he didn't. Hubris, perhaps? It was, imo, a massive mistake. Ultimately, it not only allowed Oscar to lie under oath but also the State to pursue character evidence it couldn't have had Oscar just plead guilty. JMO

R: reason is that, when he walked into house from balcony at 3.15 and told wife he saw a man ...crucially important as it shows OP was on his prosthesis....Stipp then decided to move his sighting to a later time. Untruthful, unreliable..desperate to help the state.

Roux is going to show that Dr Stipps evidence is unreliable and untruthful

R: Stipp could not explain the time between 3.15 and 3.27.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m
#OscarTrial Roux: Stipp’s evidence was not only unreliable but untruthful. He so desperately wanted to assist the state. BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin