Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will charge him with murder but not premeditated... I'm praying this is the case anyway.

I am having a flashback to a trial that took place here in the US in 1995.

Oh gosh, I'm reeling.

J: It follows it wld be unwise to rely on any of the witnesses evidence...this crt is fortunate to have tech evidence that can be trusted

Listing call records.

It would be unwise to rely on any evidence heard from the witnesses.
This is court is in a fortunate position in that it has heard evidence in the terms of technology.

Judge saying OP's version of why he screamed 'makes sense'. OMG

J: Most witnesses got their facts wrong.

She's going to find him not guilty.

YEP. She said she believes that he was screaming because he realized Reeva was not in the bed. So that means she believes he is innocent. jmo

I was thinking his 'get out clause' would be on the grounds of his disability but still with a guilty verdict but it does look like he's going to walk away on those prosthetics.

Is this thread still open? I'm on tapatalk and looks like all posting stopped?

J Saying how it's interesting how defense introduced call records/timelines but it was defense that analyzed them.

I simply can't believe she's dismissing all of the ear witnesses.
Masipa is not dismissing the ear witnesses the time line does that because worked out properly and not based on speculations and assumptions it shows beyond reasonable doubt Reeva could not have been the one screaming. And the State ignored it because it couldn't make it work with their case for the premeditated or intentional murder of Reeva.

Witness credibility affected by media coverage of events (this is a disadvantage to the witnesses). Unable to separate what they heard from media, other people and what they remembered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like another case I'm following...

J: Accused's phone records also available...on the phone, calling Stander. Min later, he called 911

with her logic re: witnesses and memory, she will never accept any witness account.

Discussing phone records - objective evidence - to determine the timeline and compare to witness testimony.

Judge going thru timeline now, from sounds of shots and screams, to when calls were made, OP was seen in bthroom, when calls were made etc

I was definitely willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt when this broke due in part to the absolute terror of many of the richer (whiter) members of society at the hands of poor people breaking into homes and killing people and also based on some of the preliminary evidence.

But after more came out, I became much more certain that it's more likely than not that he had a fit of anger and shot at her, maybe not meaning to kill, but not controlling his rage.

This is bizarre. It does appear he may go free. But one thing I have noticed based on my own experience is that often judges say everything positive about the person who is about to lose. But, I can;t fathom this system in S.A. at all.

We'll see. Doesn;t sound good for guilt so far, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha