Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. I've been saying this all along. What else would you expect from the South African legal system?? :(

Well I must admit that not one person on here over the last few months envisaged the 'Prosecution' having to appeal the outcome lol.
Incredible.

J: The timing of call to security is important...indicates call of Mrs Stipp must have been much later....defense correctly argued unlikely Mrs Stipp wld have waited 13 mins to call emergency...interesting Mr Johnson too made a call at (3.16??)

Judge saying that the first sounds heard by the Stipps must have been later than 3:02 that she mentioned

I must have been listening to a completely different trial than Masipa. She lost me near the end when she challenged Nel in his closing ( I think) about Reeva's what's app where Reeva said she was scared. Masipa said something like, "Relationships have their ups and downs." Oh, my.

Judge just said what they heard was a cricket bat.

Judge mentioned how neighor right nxt door heard no shots, just crying.

J: Nxt question - Can version of accused reasonably, possibly be true?

#oscartrial Masipa: can the version of the accused that he was the one screaming reasonably possibly be true?

Here we go.......

What's going on? Are they going back and replaying what's gone on during the break? I'm so confused and worry I'm missing something because someone is screwing up.

J: In support of this theory, state counsel....deceased had cell and locked toilet...I think numberif reasons deceaed cld have taken cell with her; lighting purposes, for example...

Now onto whatsapp msgs

Masipa says Steenkamp could have used cell phone for light, since light wasn't working, but saying more would be speculation.

Your interesting comments are keeping me awake. Keep them coming please.

she is taking op version. how does she know the cell phone was in the toilet?

"I say this beause both Dr and Mrs Stipp regarding the incident….an accident. It is unlikely it would take as long as 30min to take as long to take to come to an emergency….

What it is interesting that Mr Johnson records show that he made a call at 3.15… Johnson made the call soon after what they described as a women screaming…and afterwards a man shouting help help help…It is clear that these were sounds striking a toilet door."

J: Defense placed on record msgs showing a loving couple...this proves nothing...crt refrains from making inferences one way or another

The assessors may also be ready to throw up, although they knew what the decision was, of course. They may feel the way I do but could only challenge her on the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha