Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well, lucky old Oscar, and at least we now know we can pump bullets into people with impunity here in South Africa now, without worrying too much about the long term consequences!

Yes, if you're rich and influential, sure, no worries. :/

Oh vey ..... Just got up.

Sounds like he will get away with murder, sigh

J: He had his firearm pointed in front of him...then heard a movement: "Before I knew it I had fired four shots at the door"

I know this is strictly an opinion of mine, and cannot be addressed directly in the trial. If I suspect an intruder is in my house, FIRST thing I am gonna check out if the location of my children. That has always bugged me, since this trial began.

Okay.... let's see what she rips on Oscars testimony :praying:

J: He went back to bedroom to get cricket bat..he was screaming and shouting....struck the door...deceased was lying in sitting on floor with her head on toilet bowl...after brief struggle he managed to carry her downstairs...

"The state lead up with messages, the purposes of these messages was to show that the relationship between the accused and the deceased was on the rocks and that the accused had a good reason to kill the accused. The defendant placed on the record that more message that paint the picture of a loving couple.

In my view none of the evidence from the State or the defense proves anything. Normal relations, an argument, quote unquote heard from Mrs VDM, this argument seems to lose sight of the following

1. That the experts believe that gastric emptying was an inexact science. It would be unwise for this court to even figure what the presence what partially digested food meant. However even if the food was digested shortly before…it was not the only reasonable inference to infer fmor the State.
2. That Mrs VDM had no notion what langaue was being spoken and what was being said.

There is nothing from the evidence that Mrs VDM…links what sounded what was an argument to her to what what happened at the house… to what sounded to an argument."

.... Sorry just woke up... and let me say...this is not realistic!

Judge now perusing defense evidence: 'Not quite clear if accused intended to shoot or not'

Not clear what the accused's version was ...whether or not he meant to shoot the gun

State witnesses aside, I've always found Pistorius' version completely preposterous.

"Intruders broke into my house to use the bathroom whilst I was arranging fans in the pitch dark".

They televised this to show what happens in SA law. Supposedly fair, etc. It's NOT fair and hasn't been since the beginning. If black, no bail, no nothing, done, life.

Masipa summarizing and quoting OP's various descriptions of whether he intended to shoot

Judge talking about how doc brought OP's mental health into question. Complicated things.

Now reading statements from OP how he never aimed, never fired, did fire, remebered firing four shots, could not 'specifically' recall shooting four times, etch

I don't understand, if the Judge is only going on what "can be trusted"... there is nothing to go on apart from the fact that OP shot Reeva dead. I really expected more from her....

Masipa lists the number of different explanations accused gave for how the shots ended through the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member