Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only truth comes from OP. nothing else is reliable........ ridiculous

yes, it will be interesting to see how she deals with his evidence as a 'witness' ... memory over time... confusion... will it all be thrown out too, as with burger/johnson/stipps/vdm

The court has disregarded so much evidence. Nel will be very disappointed, but in truth, witness evidence did not gel together very well. Wish defense came up with a clearer timeline. All that 'boring' stuff from Roux was actually what the judge listened too....

If she thinks that he was "thinking" when he shot, then that indicates intention.

Murder.

I think we are all a bit shocked that she was do dismissive of all the stuff we've been talking about....but haven't the lawyers said all along that this would happen?

I think it will be Eventualis.

Did the Judge just say that the grouping of shots did NOT indicate he shot 'without' thinking (as he said he did?)

Am I the only one who still think she's going to find him guilty?

yes ........and yes.

Fascinating to watch a judge discuss testimony and evidence so thoroughly, logically, and dispassionately. She's doing an awesome job so far.

i reckon eventualis. Have a feeling she's covering her bases and knows what she is doing. Hoping so anyway.

thanks Masipa... causing me to indulge on chocolate and cold chinese take-away...

I am nervously eating as well. I have had a blueberry muffin and now starting on cheese and crackers! It is only 4:07 am where I am. I don't drink but am seriously considering it. I already have pillows stacked around me so I won't get hurt when I faint dead away at the verdict.

:scared:

Judge mentions OP's answer when he said if he wanted to kill someone he would shoot from a certain position and basically said that's inconsistent with someone who was unaware of what he was doing.

Break

This is a glaring important point she "will come back to" which may mean murder eventualis or CH is still on the cards... but really it's not looking good for judgments in partner violence. She's Roger Goodell'ing it...

c29a5cb0-a79e-4f6b-9f15-d8d2e5598cf6.jpg

In case you're just joining us, read below to catch up or read the CNN Wire here.

by emily.smith 5:08 AM

What!!!!????

Although during the trial someone said that Nel always reached high hoping to get what he really wanted (i.e. premeditated/dolus directus hoping to begin with for the lesser charge. If got the higher one an unexpected bonus.

YES, even if he is NOT found guilty it will taint his image. There is no disputing that. I just feel for her family. OP's tarnished public image does little to ease their pain.

QUOTE: Today, 04:07 AM
04009margaret
user-online.png

Ulrich Roux @ulrichroux · 1m

Should Judge reject State argument of premeditated murder,she can still convict of Murder-dolus directus or eventualis.Wait&see

How could that be???

Plus, I thought there was no premeditated in SA?

Its like a summary validating everything the accused claimed, whereas the wealth of evidence contradicting his account she appears to have discounted.

This is kind of what I thought would happen, though: that she'd reject much of the state's case on reasonable doubt but still feel OP should be held accountable and punished for his carelessness and for taking an innocent life. As she should!

I am nervously eating as well. I have had a blueberry muffin and now starting on cheese and crackers! It is only 4:07 am where I am. I don't drink but am seriously considering it. I already have pillows stacked around me so I won't get hurt when I faint dead away at the verdict.

:scared:

It is either eat or break my teeth from clenching them together! Going to start the coffee- it's 5:12 here...

It sounds as though she believes that he thought there was an intruder but doesn't believe that he fired unintentionally. So the verdict will hang on whether she believes that he acted reasonably...am I understanding this correctly?

I think she said a few times that he fired without thinking........she has family and wants to keep them...moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop