Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The accused was a very poor witness."

Yippity doo dah...

J: He contradicted himself and visibly felt uncomfortable..

Ha!

I LOVE Milady.

His evidence in chief....could not be faulted. Only in cross did he lose control.

Yes!

however, what we are dealing with is that the accused was an evasive witness!

"The accused was a very poor witness." Ya think?

J: ...what we are dealing with here...accused was, among other things, an evasive witness.

Accused was evasive witness. (I totally agree with this)

"The accused was suffereing from enormous emotional distress...and was under medication when he gave his evidence.

This argument does not make sense in my view. The accused evidence under chief could not be faulted. Only under cross was did he appear anxious."

Second yippy and one do dah

J: ..Wld not listen as too busy worrying about how answer wld appear...debate....often blamed legal team

Judge says that the accused was amongst other things an evasive witness. He failed to listen to questions properly, giving the impression he was more concerned about the impact of his answers. Questions that required a direct answer turned into a point by point debate. He blamed his DT for things.

evasive...... golly.. just what one doesn't want a judge to think of one...

I hope she mentions his minute attention to detail regarding his ability to quote specific witness testimony word for word and what he thought the photographic evidence showed.

Credibility of accused is important but court should be cautious when attaching too much importance - cannot conclude that because he was not credible he must be guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop