Trial Discussion Thread #52 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ST says he had her sit on a naughty step? Snort.

This the ex who stalked and harassed Reeva online, lied about OP cheating on her, slept out on him, bad mouths him at every opportunity including with mid-trial tweets....

and Ms. Taylor has a sweet deal with UK Mirror for giving them stories as she has today...she will really capitalize on this one...that said...I do think some of what she says about the guns etc. is probably true.

I find it interesting that no legal expert has found that Masipa's judging so far has been just. Does anyone have any links showing support of her verdict by legal experts so far??

The so-called legal experts have been wrong on many things thus far. The TV lawyers have been are as bad as the press for sensationalising minor technicalities in an effort to retain public interest. It's worth remembering that many of these lawyers have as much experience at losing cases as they have of winning.

It was fairly obvious that everybody didn't stand around for nearly quarter of an hour listening to screaming before doing anything. All the neighbours would have to have been frozen in time. It was ridiculous that a start time of 3.02 (approx.) was ever considered. People just seemed to go with the flow because it was more useful in creating some kind of speculated version of events, benefiting prosecution.

The phone records do not lie, and it was simple to work backwards from these to realise how wide of the mark Annette Stipp's time really was. Nel had conceded as much during closing, hence his lacklustre delivery.

And as we know from the evidence…

ALL the neighbors were sleeping until sometimes AFTER the first set of bangs… all except the Stipps who either were awake and heard the 1st bangs or were awakened by the 1st bangs.

Burger and Johnson were awake between 1st and 2nd set of bangs… they never heard the 1st set, they only heard the 2nd set

Nhlengetwas awoke to the last bang of the 2nd set

If OP didn't subjectively "shoot to kill" then why was he happy to leave the toilet alone after shooting four shots into it? How did he know the perceived intruder in that cubicle wasn't just hiding or just incapacitated and could still come out and attack him?

Answer: he knew it was Reeva and thus there was no threat to him, or he knew he had killed the perceived intruder inside.

It's either premeditated, Dolus or Eventualis whichever way you look at it.

This sets an incredibly dangerous precedent.

The so-called legal experts have been wrong on many things thus far. The TV lawyers have been are as bad as the press for sensationalising minor technicalities in an effort to retain public interest. It's worth remembering that many of these lawyers have as much experience at losing cases as they have of winning.

Pure conjecture…

… and losing a case can afford as much knowledge and wisdom as winning a case

Naturally, as OP is such a fine upstanding citizen and all…

:laughing:

OP will be convicted of CH tomorrow AJ. He's going to get a heavy prison sentence for that and for a couple of the weapons laws violations. And whether or not that happens the Pit Bull is still going to appeal all of it and go for Murder, seeking an even longer sentence. OP is caught up in the SA criminal justice system and getting out of it will take him at least two decades. Masipa is just his first step, that's how it works, and it is a beoch!!!! :smile:

Masipa's verdict is nonsensical.

Her explanation is so improbable that it cannot be reasonably possibly true.

I got back from work all ready to watch a further few hours of the verdict, when for no apparent reason, she just adjourned till tomorrow. It was weird. Maybe she suddenly had a lightbulb moment and realised her decision to acquit him of Dolus Eventualis was made in error!

Even if she did, what can she do, declare a mistrial on herself? I'd like to know how she has justified the cell phone and RS's handbag being "stolen" from the crime scene and whatever happened to perjury, does SA not have that?

I just clued in my husband to the blatant blunders of today (I am South African and have been following every single day of the trial, and my husband is american and hasn't been following the trial at all, just through me). My husband's response was: I get why you are upset, but aren't you taking this a bit too serious?? Who cares about OP, he is going to suffer for the rest of his life.

I guess it is true, but still, I wanted to see real justice served...

OP will be convicted of CH tomorrow AJ. He's going to get a heavy prison sentence for that and for a couple of the weapons laws violations. And whether or not that happens the Pit Bull is still going to appeal all of it and go for Murder, seeking an even longer sentence. OP is caught up in the SA criminal justice system and getting out of it will take him at least two decades. Masipa is just his first step, that's how it works, and it is a beoch!!!! :smile:

From your keyboard to God's hears… my fingers are crossed… but I have an uneasy gut feeling…

… which could very well be just gas from eating too much arroz e feijão ;)

Masipa: “How could the accused reasonably have foreseen that the shot he fired would kill the deceased?”

Masipa: “Clearly he did not subjectively foresee this as a possibility, that he would kill the person behind the door, let alone the deceased as he thought she was in the bedroom at the time.”

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...poor-witness-but-not-a-murderer-30581488.html

How is it that Masipa cannot see this as dolus eventualis?
OP firing four “zombie-stopper” rounds into that cubicle and not reasonably foreseeing the possibility that either a human or "zombie" would be stopped is stretching the imagination a bit thin.
If four rounds is “insufficient,” how many rounds would OP have needed to fire for Masipa to think that there was intent to kill whatever was behind the door?
ETA: Moreover, what is the moral of the story here? You can fire four rounds with notably lethal ammo at a human being? As long as it’s four rounds or less, and the target is obscured it will be deemed that you are not attempting to kill???

BBM

What makes you believe that? The judge has full discretion and she has the discretion to give him no jail time at all. She's already meandered into a nonsensical view, so what clues do we have that she will actually punish OP with a prison sentence, let alone a "heavy" prison sentence?

Why didnt samantha tell these stories in court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech