Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Nel. This isn't negligent driving, negligent maintenance of some structure or device....

My God, if I were in that courtroom, I would just stand up and let out a BLOODCURDLING scream listening to Maringa's recommendations!!!

N: What was the negligence here?

MJ: That he unintentionally fired a shot.

N: That wasn't in the judgement. I have no further questions.

Roux doesn't have any questions.

Judge now asks what the community service wld be. Cleaning.

Cmon Nel. Rip a new one on this fella. This is ridiculous. 16hrs CS for culpable homicide is ridiculous! In a museum to boot. This countrys legal system is worse than ours.

No intention to shoot. Is that right?

What? 16 hours total of community service? I did 40 hours of community service at the animal shelter (in lieu of a $500 fine) for a red light camera ticket!

Stephanie Findlay @SJFindlay

Steenkamp's parents looked crushed, tired, by correctional officer's recommended punishment for #Pistorius

J masipa speaks..... asking M to be more specific about his chores.

he's going to be cleaning. This is unbelievable. 2 days a month. I give up.

Judge asking too many questions about community service for my liking. She's seriously thinking about it.

Witness down, VZ up.

Alex Crawford @AlexCrawfordSky

#OscarTrial Maringa says he wd do 8 hours a day, twice in a month....(community service such as cleaning hospital yard)

2 days a month cleaning! OMFG .. this is just nuts .. they cannot surely accept that as his sentence .. but she will, I know she will.

Two days a month cleaning for blasting a young woman's body apart. If that's the sentence he gets, justice in South Africa will have died as bad a death as Reeva did. I want to cry :(

andrew harding @BBCAndrewH

And we're done with Maringa. Now Peet Van Zyl, #OscarPistorius manager, is called to the stand.

David Smith @SmithInAfrica

Roux: The purpose today is to talk about "the charity work done and what's left of his career". #Pistorius

R: You've made available to us documents....particularly charity work (OP's)

Judge asking too many questions about community service for my liking. She's seriously thinking about it.

Witness down, VZ up.

agreed. she wouldn't be asking that kind of detail if any jail time was going to be involved.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman

#OscarTrial Van Zyl: will deal with Pistorius’s charity work and then what is left of his career. BB

Witness down, VZ up.

Yes, asking if this is the same kind of community service other prisoners perform... as if justifying that OP will be treated the same as other hardened criminals... say, those who have too many parking tickets they can't pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueeyes1981