Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon Nel. Rip a new one on this fella. This is ridiculous. 16hrs CS for culpable homicide is ridiculous! In a museum to boot. This countrys legal system is worse than ours.

No intention to shoot. Is that right?

He maintains he didn't see there was an intention to shoot in the judgment. Nel reminds him that it was his intention to shoot. He wasn't going to hit someone over the head with a gun.

Nel stating what was in the judgement, MJ saying he "hasn't seen that" and his recommendation is "not a getaway, it's as serious as any other punishment.."

It will be disgraceful if OP gets no jail time. Disgraceful on so many levels - disrespectful to Reeva's legacy, disrespectful to women in general, disrespectful to Sam & the woman OP literally slammed a door on, & disrespectful to justice itself if this narcissistic "spoiled little twit" who is Oscar Pistorius be given house arrest. If this happens, it will reinforce that wealth & race trump justice in South Africa. His disability should have no bearing on the sentence-he can manage just fine on his prosthetics. He has proved that when he picked fights at nightclubs, discharged firearms in public restaurants & ran & won at the Olympics. For a guy that has based his career on overcoming a devastating disability, it is mind blowing that now he should present the "poor me I am disabled" mentality to get him out of prison time. He did the crime, now do the time. All his life he has skirted accountability for his arrogance. My prediction... He will be sentenced for at least five years in prison. I can't see how the judge will think justice can be done otherwise. Just my opinion.

'Correctional supervision is as harsh as any other sentence'. Yeah, right.

N: You recommmended 2768H? based on seriousness of the crime....you know OP walked down passage with intention to use firearm...

MJ: As far as I recall, he had no intention to shoot, according to judgement.

N: You're wrong....

MJ: I'm sure I saw it somewhere.

He probably saw it in a Carl or Arnold Pistorius tweet! Unbelievable eh.

Barry Bateman@barrybateman#OscarTrial

Nel reads from judgment where Masipa refers to Pistorius intention to use gun. Maringa: I didn’t see that.

Alex Crawford@AlexCrawfordSky#OscarTrial

Nel asking how he can make recommendation on a judgement he's got wrong. 'You havent applied ur mind to seriousness of crime'

In my opinion only, this witnesses' testimony is seriously suspect.

This is shocking that South Africa rely on somebody like this to recommend to a learned judge what a killer's 'rehabilitation' should look like!

Gobsmacked is an understatement!!

He has in mind 3 years correctional supervision.

Nel says that's in the interests of society?

Barry Bateman@barrybateman#OscarTrial

Maringa says Pistorius could work at the Transvaal Museum or the Little Company of Mary hospital.

BBM .. I wouldn't want him anywhere NEAR me, if I were in that hospital and I'm certain there will be many others who will feel the same way .. how DARE they try and inflict him on sick, vulnerable people .. why should they have to be assisted by a cold blooded murderer!

Mj:...he may proceed with his career...

N: He told you that?

And after witness agrees, Nel says that will mean no sentence at all as OP will be allowed to attend events and travel etc.

MJ only wants three years supervision!

N: Shockingly inappropriate. Shockingly.

Oscar Trial Channel@OscarTrial199

"It would be shockingly inappropriate for what happened here" says Nel.

MJ is now justifying how three yrs supervision will also rehabilitate OP as important. They don't want to destroy him.

N: Have you any thought for family of deceased? Would you want to destroy them?

I've just stuck a pin in the voodoo doll. This is just appalling. Poor June and Barry. I really wish they hadn't attended.

MJ says he really thought of Reeva's family. Really does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper