Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The female assessor just flipped her hair over her shoulder, appearing (IMO) to be bored with this testimony.

Aimee looks (IMO) as if she's fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

Martin: "Reeva was a very loved person. She loved, loved her family."

"She helped them (her parents) out from time to time financially... Paying for the medical aid... The medical aid had lapsed and she re-instated it and carried on paying it."

"After a year in J'burg she met Warren Lahoud who was a very nice guy. She treated Reeva very well. He was salt of the earth, nice kind, down to earth. Th obly reason the relationship came to an end. She was thinking of having children, he was two years younger and he told her he was not ready to have children.

She was very honest with herself."

KM: Warren was a lovely guy, soft, kind charming....only reason relationship ended, Reeva was ready to move on and have children, but he was 2 years younger, a workaholic. Not ready to settle down.

I'm disgusted that OP hasn't even got the decency to look up, this is now all about Reeva & not you Oscar.

KM: it tore her apart that she cldn't be with her parents in PE....she was worried about her parents. Things hadn't turned out well for Barry business and then health wise. He had diabetes. She was extremely worried....aand break with Warren 'worse than a divorce'.

The female assessor just flipped her hair over her shoulder, appearing (IMO) to be bored with this testimony.

Aimee looks (IMO) as if she's fighting the urge to roll her eyes.
I saw that too. I think she (female assessor) was fighting back a yawn as well.

This is so sad....... What a beautiful person Reeva was inside and out..... It's heartbreaking listening to this......

KM: Cats....she was packing up and moving, one cat ran away. She was devasted. And then when she stayed with the Myers she could nott keep the other there for very long. She called me crying....I agreed to take him. Within six hours she had flown him down..

He can't be considered (legally) a murderer. But he was convicted of culpable homicide, so he's still a convicted killer, since his actions caused the death of a human being.

ETA: I see that I'm being redundant, as the question has already been answered upthread.

Jay-Jay - Vile Killer - I like that term!

i would go with 'negligent killer' maybe preceded by 'highly' or 'grossly'

Kim relating how the cat ran away. She was terrified to tell Reeva: I'm so sorry, he ran away. She said;

'Don't worry Kimmy, it's okay. I think I'm being punished for moving away, and breaking up with Warren'.

KM: Barry started a biz supplying wood shavings to horse racing industry. Again, very hard work, very difficult......June was running a little canteen at the track on race days. Make the food and serve it for the jockeys, but it was only twice a week..

N: They went thru hard times but they were always generous ppl?

KM: Always, always. Anyone who needed a place to stay ended up at Aunty June and Uncle Barrie's house....their house was never empty. Always full of people, stray animals too...

She was so desperate to get her cat taken care of that she flew 6 hours to take him to Kim. Bless her. I'm a cat lover too. This is all bringing to life a very vivid picture of the type of person Reeva was: kind, compassionate, loyal, trustworthy, moral, a good friend, a good daughter etc. This part of the trial has moved me more than any other part. It's been all about OP for so long, and how he was affected by the 'accident'. And is it wishful thinking, or does Masipa appear to be listening with some interest?

One would expect a grief-stricken, traumatized OP to be sobbing right now, as Reeva (the "love of his life") is described in beautiful, heartfelt detail; as treasured memories of her are shared with the Court.

But, he rubs his face as if annoyed, as he stares down at the notepad in his lap.

June gave a little shrug and grin at hearing her niece giving such a warm talk about them. So wonderful for them to hear they are viewed as wonderful genuine people.

KM: There was an opp to make food for the industrial sector. (Barking Spider) Aunty June and her two friends, they were very excited.....it's still running.

Kim says the Steenkamps never had a new car in their lives. June had one with a non working door.

One would expect a grief-stricken, traumatized OP to be sobbing right now, as Reeva (the "love of his life") is described in beautiful, heartfelt detail; as treasured memories of her are shared with the Court.

But, he rubs his face as if annoyed, as he stares down at the notepad in his lap.

Most definitely he should have some tears flowing considering the snot and vomitfest he showed the world when it was all about him.

Judge Masipa needs to look over at the man she cleared of murder and try to see if there's a morsel of remorse being shown from where he's sitting.

Poor Barry, he's breaking down. This must be so painful hearing all these memories from the past. Oh no, Kim has broken down too.

KM: My husband and I driving to work...caught in rush hour....radio dj kept saying breaking news not confirmed and I thought get on with it....then they said Oscar Pistorius....shot his girlfriend...I shot up.....I froze....said to my husband I hope to God he's cheating on Reeva.

Breaks down.So do I.

Adjourned because Kim is highly emotional. Reeva's parents are, too. God, this is just so sad. OP took the life of such a loved person, a person who did good wherever she could, who was an asset wherever she went, and a bit of cleaning and staying at home is considered punishment??

I see your point re would it matter who the person was but the life of the victim is as relevant to me as the pages and pages of every charitable act Pistorius has ever performed. And it's also the first time we've heard ANYTHING about her as compared to endless testimony about Pistorius. surely you don't begrude them at least a day?

of course i don't begrudge any of it, i totally agree there should have been much more regarding reeva... much earlier in the trial. timewise, nel now has less than two days on aggravating sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech