Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going morning from TX, where it is currently 3:40am. I have no idea why I'm here, but I am. If for no other reason I would like to see some justice for Reeva.

Mr. Moleko Modise is a VERY strong, very articulate witness.

Hard to argue with the big dog!

So happy Nel brought out the big guns! Totally blows lying Skunk Lady out of the water.

Not that it'll mean a hill of beans to Masipa. :mad:

Backtracking a bit but did anyone catch the snark he got in, (presumably about Skunk Lady), about 'experts' only doing 'desktop excercises' and then pontificating on their findings rather than doing proper research?

This witness is excellent .. so professional with his answers.

NGO's alleging torture in prisons ..... according to newspaper article being presented by Roux..

M defending.....

Justice project being led by journalists their objective is to stir up dissent and make allegations that cannot be verified.

Continued assault allegations .....that were presented in Parliament

I found this page but still can't figure out what prison is just around the corner.

http://www.pmg.org.za/docs/1999/minutes/991117correctGauteng.htm

E.T.A I think it's this one - Boksburg - but that lists it as a juvenile prison.

E.T.A.A - Nope, it sounds more like Kosimampuru so nothing like Boksburg lol

E.T.A.O.L.T (edited to add one last time ;) Found it! It's Kosi Mampuru III

This is getting too political imo, JMasipa should listen and be ready to call Roux off.

R:...NGO's told parliament they are particularly concenered about continuing torture..

M repeats that's the allegations. Then Roux says the judicial inspection said there has been a rise in assaults andd torture

Roux is going through a list of NGO's and is making ZM criticise each one in turn. ZM says 2 of the NGO's are journalists. Roux is now talking about torture. He's raising his voice when he says last year there were 71 cases of torture or assault and this year 109.

Backtracking a bit but did anyone catch the snark he got in, (presumably about Skunk Lady), about 'experts' only doing 'desktop excercises' and then pontificating on their findings rather than doing proper research?

yes!! hopefully after she nurses her hangover she will dust off her resume

VERY smart of Nel to have Modise bring up SA’s stellar handling of Shrien Dewani.

If they can handle that delicate flower :lol:, they can handle Pistorius.

Nel just knocked out one of Defense’s chair legs.

M:...there had to be interventions where gang activity was taking place...as a dept, we step in...lockdown...confiscate prohibited items...

oh phooey ROUX!!!!! Mentioning the media reports!!!!! This is ridiculous!!

So, yeah, he was painting an overly rosy picture

R: Do you know about threats against Mr P from inside prison?

M: No,Mr P has never been inside our serrvice.

R: That's strange, they were in the newspapers.

Witness insists he doesn't know. roux goes on to list a known gang and 'the general', asks M if he has heard of them. M going into lengthy explanation now about Darby Lewis?

This gentleman is on the same par as Mangena (excuse my spelling) - he knows his stuff. Loving him.

I'm a little late but here now. Thanks for the updates everyone.

Witness is getting very animated and excited

Haahaa! He's laughing at Roux coz Roux doesn't know all gang leaders are called 'The General'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper