Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many appeals will be lodged due to testimony from her and Dixon?

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think either of them will be called as expert witness again. I hope not, at least.

It seems he is only going to spend 10 months in prison and the rest under house arrest according to Statement by Roxanne of the Defence Team on Sky, just. How come Masipa did not state this clearly.

I GUESS because people ( LIKE ME ) would be SEEING RED RATS!!

There was a nanosecond of a view of OP's face before he went down into the hole and I was surprised to think, in that split second, "He's not upset at all".

NPA spokesperson saying they're going to consider an appeal.

Sky's Alex Crawford was trying to get an interview with one of the PT and said words to the effect of "the police didn't do their job". Still angling for that interview with the Pistorian clan :rolleyes:

Correctional Services Act: http://www.dcs.gov.za/Publications/Legislation/DCS%20Act%20111%20of%202008.pdf

73 (7) (a) A person sentenced to incarceration under section 276 (1) (i) of the Criminal Procedure Act, must serve at least one sixth of his or her sentence before being considered for placement under correctional supervision, unless the court has directed otherwise.

1/6 = .1666666666

.16666666 X 60 months = 10 months.

yeah, chance in 10 months.......ugggggg

Prof Grant thinks the judge's reasoning today was outstanding.

So, OP reunion with Schulz, Batchelor and the boys in 10 months? Defence may appeal to extend sentence.

Family statement due in 40 minutes.

The press are only saying 5 year sentence with suspended sentence for firearm charge to run concurrently. The media need to get out in a big way that he might only serve 10 months.

Let the rage continue.

Olympic Committee now saying Pistorius will never be allowed to compete again...even when he gets out.

Well let's hope so .. I'm of the opinion now that society will have to take the law into their own hands, as the justice system in SA clearly cannot be relied upon.

At least when locked in his cell he will have no fear of black talon bullets blowing his brains out through the top of his skull , which is what Reeva suffered at his hands !

A defence attorney said Nel could have stood up and told Masipa that they were going to appeal, but if he did this, he would have had to give reasons then and there. The attorney said it was better to use the 14 days to consider everything and there was no need to rush.

bbm

those 14 days in the sweatbox look good......keeping DT in suspense and keeping OP in suspense is perfect

Pistorius will be kept in the cells below the court until 4pm then taken to Pretoria Central in a prison van with other prisoners.

https://twitter.com/Simmoa/status/524490266116648960

A Pistorius family spokesman says Oscar's sister Aimee has sent his washbag and phone down to him. "He has to be treated the same," she said

https://twitter.com/Simmoa/status/524490253902811136

Oscar's uncle Arnold is due to give a statement at 12noon (11am UK time) - at present the venue is the local cafe as court has another case

https://twitter.com/Simmoa/status/524490409503129600

BBM .. yes, that is the one they should be appealing on and what I was hoping for, not the sentencing because that is meaningless considering it was against the wrong verdict .. but they have to wait until sentencing is over in order to do it.

Oh but hold on .. if they appeal the conviction, and a higher one is applied, does that mean the current sentence still applies or will that then have to be amended (and hopefully extended) too? Surely they cannot retain the same sentence, which belongs to a different conviction, that would be nuts??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn