Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge now talking about recommendation of community service, house arrest....'Mr M gave evidence accused would be a suitable candidate..'

David Dadic @DavidDadic · 2m 2 minutes ago
Can't wait to hear what she says of Vergeer.

J: According to mr M, the accused would benefit....he would get opp to restructure and modifiy his offending behaviour..'

She's setting this up for a suspended sentence isn't she .. I can't quite believe what I'm hearing .. "he has lost his friend, his love, blah blah" ..

Aimee appears to have been ousted to the right hand side of the bench so her uncles are in the more prominent position.

Judge now talking about evidence of OP's manager: 'Global sporting icon..gave his money to various good causes....all those opps now taken away'

Judge Masipa goes through the mitigation witnesses -
Mitigation: Dr Hartzenburg, she met accused in 2013, referred by a colleague for grief counselling (Dr Micki Pistorius?) in her report she states the accused had PTSD and depression. Had to cancel sessions because he was too *boohoo*
Lost his love, his professional reputation, lost friends and lost his career.

Social Worker: Recommends a sentence house arrest for duration of sentence (3 years).
He would do 16 hours of community service in a museum. Join various programs. Would be suitable for professional athlete, correctional supervision: He has done various project lifting the standard of poor and physically disabled – recommends this type of community ‘uplift’.

Vermeer's report contained a perfect word in my view ''prison is unable to 'cater' to his needs''

Judge now talking about social worker AV evidence. Very briefly mentioned though.

J: Kim Martin....she described deceased as someone who loved people...She was a happy person.

She described the deceased as someone "good in front of the camera"??? What’s wrong with this woman?

i don't think this means anything yet - she is just summarising what evidence was presented.

J: She met the accused only once in Capetown in company of deceased. Little over a month later she learned accused had killed deceased....devastated

I HATE that she calls her the DECEASED instead of by her NAME!!!!!!!!! Her name was REEVA, My Lady.

She described the deceased as someone "good in front of the camera"??? What’s wrong with this woman?

A happy person, good in front of the camera, YET when she described the killer, it was in GLOWING TERMS as a cultural icon, with great charitable works and much potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay