Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SA Press Association ‏@SapaNews 1m1 minute ago Judge Masipa: Heard that #Oscar needed medical attention. But was told that he can bring in private docs to prison.

J: I have no reason to believe accused wld present service with an insurmountable challenge..

She mentions the bench now, how it could easily be supplied! Roux slipped up there!

Doesn't want one law for poor and another for rich and famous....

Yes, Thokizile! Not one law for the rich, one for the poor! I'm starting to like m'lady!

He's going down....just not clear for how long

Ooh, saying she felt uneasy listening to witness after witness focusing too much on his disability!

A pregnant woman can be sentenced to jail. Implies so can Oscar.

J: It would be a bad day for this country...if there was the impression one law for rich, one for poor....I felt sense of unease as I listened to one witness after another OVERemphasing his vulnerability....

why is she talking about pregnant women?

JM's point was that they are one of the most vulnerable to be sent to prison, but they are still indeed sent to prison as OP could be as well -- even with his own vulnerabilities. She was comparing the two....

I think now would be a good time for oscar to be given the green bucket!

Pistorius bench has a look of "what's going onhere? This wasn't part of the script.."

I hope she's not just leading us down a path where she thinks he deserves a prison sentence but due to his contributions to society that he'd be a more productive person outside a prison.

J said OP has excellent coping skills and a more balanced view woud have been better

WOW! This is more like it: not one law for the rich and another for the poor. Good on you Masipa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC