Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trooper, you always make such good points. Are you a lawyer?

I am not now nor have I ever been a 'verified Lawyer ' on the websleuths website or within the websleuths organization. :hand:

Roux's Cross of Colonel Schoombie Van Rensburg should be interesting.... since he was forced to resign over mishandling of evidence

Roux's Cross of Colonel Schoombie Van Rensburg should be interesting.... since he was forced to resign over mishandling of evidence

I'm making myself stay awake so I can see it

This trial is playing havoc with my sleep patterns...

I just hope Nel does not go on too long tonight... bring on Roux a nice bit of Impeachin' :)

Trooper, in answer to your question, I don't know for sure, but I assume someone could be mostly bilingual but still choose to give their testimony in Afrikaans because they are more comfortable with the language, more confident about using the right words, descriptions, etc... you can be 90% confident with a language but that 10% could make all the difference to your being properly understood... So rather have the translator there, than not!

Of course this can't be legal, surely right?

What about phone records...call times, etc,......things that can NOT be erased ?...help me with this.....please. TIA

:please:

Yes, it is legal. I understand that OP hired Roux known to a trusted friend whom he called right after shooting Reeva, this resulted in his relationship with law enforcement agencies changing forever. He now enjoys special privileges that permit him full privacy and security that all his secrets communicated freely to Roux and the advice he receives in return from him is given with full confidence that no third party can compel them to reveal anything under any circumstances unless this protection is waived by both parties with mutual consent. With this protection he refused to submit a oral and written statement to the police after his arrest by Hilton Botha when he was taken to the station for the routine physical examination.

I'm making myself stay awake so I can see it

More disappointments are in store :) Since this is not a jury trial any attempt to sway fence sitters in the jury is a futile exercise. Judge Thokozile Masipa is one tough cookie having handed out stringent punishments in her judgments against violent crime against women; her bat in my opinion will come down heavily on this blade runner solely on the basis of the evidence presented to her court.

Showing pic of exterior of OP house - view outside of bathroom window as taken on 2/14/1013.

I don't see any ladder.

Showing pic of toilet room - damage to the wall where a bullet hit the wall.

Pic of toilet - lots of blood on& in it. :(

Talking about the crime scene photographer and the instructions he was given of what to take photos of.

Von saying he was told that OP's sister requested to take one of the watches.

Searched the entire house, couldn't find it.

So is he implying that Oscar's sis took the watch?

eta: I know she took one watch. But then another went missing.How soon after, I wonder.

Talking about the circumstances of the missing watch - they couldn't find it after searching all officers and forensic team present. Still under investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille