Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY is nobody raising the possibility that OP had his prosthetic in his hands and hit the door with it?? (tears hair out!) I also think it would be too high to kick. If you were kicking that high, it would be a karate style kick where the base of the foot would meet the door.

First file is first entry, second file second entry etc, all for materials analysis for this case.

Col: Purpose is to keep copy of chain of evidence

R: Did you remove documents before handing it over to us?

the second file will be marked with a 2 .. the third with a three etc

Col describes the filing.. he can add to files.

Roux invites Col to inspect the files..

hmm the file deals with the holster and the cricket bat...

the holster was not opening by me , handed over to the photographer. ( police)

the cricket bat. still sealed as he received it from Biology on the 8th March..

received from Colonel Thompson.. Biology.

If he can kick so high while screaming like a girl, there may be a future for him in showbiz!

this is the system of handing over objects articles, etc, chain of evidence. the internal system..

Thompson does the biology.. hands it to the Colonel, he signs for it, Thompson signs the handover..

holster and cricket bat..

the holster was handed over to the photographer Von Standen..

Talking about holster and cricket bat examination. Col says holster and bat not opened by him, there is proof he handed it over. He received them from Col Thompson in biology section and handed it over to photographer at later stage.

Col: I signed for the evidence. Got them still sealed in my possession....bat handed over March 12th.

JUdge says she thinks witness is moving 'a bit too fast' as he reads from his files.

Col: ..The holster I handed over on March 11th.

He had steel plate and OP's prosthetic leg in evidence bags too?

this segment of the x-examining is related to the internal working system of the investigation offices.

there was a request from the defence for a copy of the evidence.. Col made a sealed bag for the defence, signed it, and sealed it. .

oh oh...feels like Roux is setting him up for something...The colonels voice is breaking and he sounds very nervous....hmmmmmmmmm....ruh roh

Von Staden has the original photos..

Col V describes how he tried different positions to try and fit the mark on the bat to the mark on the door.. the photos submitted are the ones that fitted the marks on bat and door.

Roux wants to know where photos of video of him hitting the door are. Witness says Capt Van S?? has them, and he himself has them on his computer. Says he can produce them.

Roux wants to know if there were photos of him in 'unnatural' position, still hitting the mark in door. Col says there was one.

I'm not watching the live feed. Is everyone speaking in Afrikaans or have some spoken in English? I'm wondering if I should start watching. I work with a lot of South Africans so I don't even notice their accents these days. I initially skipped the live feed, thinking I'd miss things due to interpretation.

March 20th cricket bat was received by case reception? Steel plate received March 14th, Col says. April 26th Col says he received an evidence bag with a long number....admits something is 'just an error'?

Col V has his dates and locations at his fingertips..

steel plate received 14th march..

onto the investigation diary..

steel plate micrscipic investigation or cricket bat?? missed it.

I'm not watching the live feed. Is everyone speaking in Afrikaans or have some spoken in English? I'm wondering if I should start watching. I work with a lot of South Africans so I don't even notice their accents these days. I initially skipped the live feed, thinking I'd miss things due to interpretation.

only 2 have spoken in Afrikaans, and one of those switched to English

Col: The file for the prosthetic leg is not here....it was agreed I did not need to submit that...with investigating officer, I told him I was unable to determine anything, he said 'Fine, we're not gonna use that'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper