Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?! They don't do an inventory of evidence they seize from a crime scene/house?

He said one additional watch (different from the one OP's sister took) went missing within just a few minutes of him leaving the room after warning the investigative team to watch over them as they were very expensive watches.

What?! They don't do an inventory of evidence they seize from a crime scene/house?

I think Von was referring to non-evidence items in the house.

He said they do an inventory of all the evidence.

So is he implying that Oscar's sis took the watch?

eta: I know she took one watch. But then another went missing.How soon after, I wonder.

I took it that Pistorius's sister took a watch, but that that was documented, and another watch went missing. Needs checking.

It's appalling these kind of shenanigans were going on during a crime scene investigation. IMO, it reflects negatively on the integrity of the investigators.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 13m

#OscarPistorius Van Rensburg: the photographer told me that the sister of accused took the watch. BB

I took it that Pistorius's sister took a watch, but that that was documented, and another watch went missing. Needs checking.

Yes one additional watch was missing. He had all his people searched along with their vehicles within minutes. States he was furious and issued some type of memo the next day saying all evidence bags taken from the home are to be searched before being taken away.

OMG!!! The ballistics expert was handling the gun without gloves!!! :facepalm:

Grief, Im sorry to say but this investigation sounds like it was a complete mess from day 1!

10:16 - So to clarify (if there's any confusion): One watch was taken by Aimee, OP's sister and the other was stolen.

This (obviously) doesn't look good for the police and I expect Roux is going to rip the police to shreds for stealing evidence/ something from a crime scene.
From News24 Live updates

Pardon my ignorance, but who are all those people sitting behind Nels and Roux? Other lawyers, or maybe law clerks? Why so many?

Von said he didn't trust anyone at that point. Explaining that he kept the keys to the house and kept them in his office safe.

When the police released the house, Von said he personally delivered the house keys to Stander.

Pardon my ignorance, but who are all those people sitting behind Nels and Roux? Other lawyers, or maybe law clerks? Why so many?
Im not sure but guess they are part of their teams...I know a lot of guys here are making a fuss about the blonde behind Roux and she is apparently a candidate attorney, sure Minor will know! :)

Newspapers were offering between 30-60,000 for the door!

So Von decided to take it down.

As they were carrying the door (in the plastic body bag) Von said pieces of the broken panel began to shift.

Von: As we carried it loose panels were shifting...worried it was going to cut body bag. Took it to the police station.

He found it in the passage when he arrived there and took it to his office.

V: It was secure...I was the only person who had a key. It was placed flat in front of my desk for the weekend....On Monday/Tuesday we had bail application, so during this period it was also kept in my office.

2 barristers. .one clerk..

(barrister... higher level than a solicitor ( attorney) )

quite normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member