GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I wonder what that means.

- The jurors have a question?
- A juror is unable to continue, and an alternate needs chosen?
- Something else?
All I can think of from watching other trials is that perhaps the Jury has a question for the Judge.. or they are requesting to see a video that’s in evidence again.. They would definitely go on the record for something like that. But why not say The Jury has a question.!?
JMO

All I can think of from watching other trials is that perhaps the Jury has a question for the Judge.. or they are requesting to see a video that’s in evidence again.. They would definitely go on the record for something like that. But why not say The Jury has a question.!?
JMO
Hope we don’t start seeing jurors disqualified for cause like in the case against Michelle Troconis (although I believe those disqualifications occurred before deliberations began).

Huh. "Closing" the hearing and kicking out the media makes me think it may be a potential issue with a juror -- that the judge needs to decide whether or not to let them continue deliberations or assign an alternate. If there was a possibility a juror needed to be removed at this stage, I assume they'd want to protect the juror's identity and shield them from potential public backlash.

ETA: "Potential issue" in this case possibly being:
  • A juror realized some connection with someone in the case that they weren't aware of before
  • A juror expressed some strong prejudicial bias
  • A juror refuses to follow proper deliberation procedures or follow court instructions

Last edited:
Huh. "Closing" the hearing and kicking out the media makes me think it may be a potential issue with a juror -- that the judge needs to decide whether or not to let them continue deliberations or assign an alternate. If there was a possibility a juror needed to be removed at this stage, I assume they'd want to protect the juror's identity and shield them from potential public backlash.
I’m thinking the same; however, could it also be that the jury is asking to look again at some evidence that was not displayed for the public in the trial? Would the judge close the hearing for that?

I’m thinking the same; however, could it also be that the jury is asking to look again at some evidence that was not displayed for the public in the trial? Would the judge close the hearing for that?
The only things that they were privy to that the general public was not were the graphic postmortem images. It's possible the jury requested to see them again, but I'd think they'd have paper copies of those already and wouldn't need to have the judge and legal teams there for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member