GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’ll have a guilty verdict today and move into the penalty phase. I don’t know how long that will take but suspect that we will see more of EDM & GD on behalf of the convicted murderer and perhaps one or two other siblings.

Who do you think the defense might call in the penalty phase? Will anyone besides the Daybell siblings plead for CD’s life to be spared? Will JP call anyone from his family who believes he is guilty but doesn’t want to see him get the death penalty? Will JP only call those who maintain CD’s innocence because an appeal will be coming?

Also, once the penalty phase is concluded and sentence is determined, do you think the Daybell siblings will go back and watch the evidence against their father? Or do you think they want to continue to remain in the dark - knowing only what CD wants them to know?

ETA: Since the Daybell siblings have taken over Spring Creek Book Company, do you think one of them will be writing a book about all this soon?

Last edited:
Who do you think the defense might call in the penalty phase? Will anyone besides the Daybell siblings plead for CD’s life to be spared?
Maybe his parents? There may not be anything to this but I find it interesting his mother was called by the State but NOT by the defense when it was their turn. They might be able to scrape up a few friends but I doubt they'll be able to find any that aren't also his Mormon fanfic book groupies. MOO.

I was on a "mock jury", it was like a real trial, we had I-Pads in front of us, to tap on points we thought were important during the trial. And closing arguments.

Then, we went to deliberations, and everyone went around the table and gave their thoughts about the case and how they would vote. 3 or 4 people were for the prosecution. After a few more votes and discussions everyone decided for the defense. It was interesting. I think it was the attorneys for the defense that paid for this. They spent a lot of money that day. We met in a hotel, free catered breakfast, lunch, snacks, we all got paid $250 for the day.
Back when I tried cases, we had a huge trial involving a farm worker who had his leg destroyed in a gruesome grain auger incident. The case was against the manufacturer of the unguarded auger and against the farm corporation who had terribly abused and mistreated the victim. In the middle of the trial the manufacturer's lawyer unexpectedly approached us and asked what it would cost for them to be dismissed from the case. We settled with them and continued the case against the farm corporation and got a huge verdict.

About ten years later I was reading an article in Trial Diplomacy Journal, a scholarly journal devoted to trial practice, when I saw an article written by one of the defense attorneys describing how they settled our case as a result of an elaborate mock jury simulation. It turns out they rented out a floor of a hotel near the courthouse where they housed a mock jury selected by a California jury research group to exactly match the demographics of the real jury. They constructed a courtroom in a ballroom and hired actors to play the parts of lawyers, witnesses, and the judge.

At the end of each day in court, they paid for the court reporter to provide a complete daily transcript of the day's proceedings. Unbeknownst to any of us, they would "perform" the events taking place for the mock jury using the daily transcript as a script. They had the jury on a schedule that allowed them to do this late into the night and had interview teams that would privately talk to each juror to get an understanding of how they were processing the evidence so that the trial team would have this intelligence before the next day's testimony.

I can't imagine how expensive this all was, but the author said the company was convinced they saved an immense amount by falling on their swords and buying their way out before the jury could punish them. In the end, they were right because the jury gave one of the largest punitive awards ever rendered by a federal jury at the time.

Since then, we've participated in a number of mock jury presentations and focus groups. There are many companies who now provide mock jury services totally online over zoom on a very cost-effective basis.

Maybe his parents? There may not be anything to this but I find it interesting his mother was called by the State but NOT by the defense when it was their turn. They might be able to scrape up a few friends but I doubt they'll be able to find any that aren't also his Mormon fanfic book groupies. MOO.
Definitely his parents I think. I just can't imagine not pleading for my son's life, whatever he had done.

IIRC, there were two attorneys among the jury. Does anyone who might have been present in the courtroom know if either one or both remain on the deliberating jury? Or, were either or both selected as alternates?
the alternates were selected by a random draw. Other than that, I do not know.

I think we’ll have a guilty verdict today and move into the penalty phase. I don’t know how long that will take but suspect that we will see more of EDM & GD on behalf of the convicted murderer and perhaps one or two other siblings.

Who do you think the defense might call in the penalty phase? Will anyone besides the Daybell siblings plead for CD’s life to be spared? Will JP call anyone from his family who believes he is guilty but doesn’t want to see him get the death penalty? Will JP only call those who maintain CD’s innocence because an appeal will be coming?

Also, once the penalty phase is concluded and sentence is determined, do you think the Daybell siblings will go back and watch the evidence against their father? Or do you think they want to continue to remain in the dark - knowing only what CD wants them to know?

ETA: Since the Daybell siblings have taken over Spring Creek Book Company, do you think one of them will be writing a book about all this soon?
I think it depends on how wedded they are to the theory that everyone was out to get Chad and/or Lori. TBH, much was repeated in this trial as was in Lori's trial, so did they watch the previous trial? Will they now turn against Lori as someone else to blame?

As for a book, why not? They will need funds to support themselves and this seems an easy way to raise them ETA (especially if EM needs to find elsewhere to live).

I wouldn't think it wrong for Shelia Daybell (mother) to express her desire for her son's life to be spared. I wouldn't take that as disrespect to the victims in its face.

MOO

More CD facial expressions during the prosecution's testimony.

((PART IV))

(25) Some MAJOR narcissistic chin-raising going on here when Blake is talking about Tammy's cause of death being declared a homicide. This is all so beneath him.
View attachment 506672

(26) We get another very small head-shake from CD when Blake says that Tammy's bruises could be consistent with her being restrained. A couple seconds later, when Blake mentions the toxicology tests, he raises is brows again. Another head-shake when Blake mentions that Tammy's friends indicated she had no known health issues. The prosecution is talking about his dead wife here, and he seems to be AMUSED at the idea that she was a healthy, vivacious woman with so much to live for.
View attachment 506674

(27) Another "amused" head-shake as Blake recounts the various inconsistencies in what CD told people about Tammy's death
View attachment 506675

(28) Brief "mastermind" finger-steepling and pronounced chin-raise of disdain when Blake quotes CD's claim that it was all a misunderstanding and everything would be cleared up in time.
View attachment 506676

(29) Peculiar place for a head-shake here. Blake mentions that Tylee was discarded in the pet cemetery, with some of her remains in the fire pit as well. These are provable facts, so what does CD have to shake his head about (with the contemptuous, asymmetrical upturn of his mouth) here?
View attachment 506677

(30) Blake mentions the testimony of Melanie, Zulema, Ian, and Melani, and CD shoots another one of those contemptuous "you don't really believe them?" looks toward the jury, along with another head-shake.
View attachment 506678

(31) Another very noticeable, contemptuous head-shake when Blake says that CD googled "SSW winds"
View attachment 506679

(32) "Alex Cox attempted to shoot Tammy" gets a very small head-shake with a BIG lip-slant.
View attachment 506680

(33) CD's expression while Blake is talking about Tammy's death. Absolutely cold and unfeeling.
View attachment 506684

(34) CD's expression while Blake is talking about Tylee's death. Probably the scariest screencap I grabbed all day. When Blake starts talking about JJ, he switches back to his previous "holier-than-thou" expression that he used when she was talking about Tammy's death, but there's something about Tylee's death in particular that shifts his demeanor.
View attachment 506681
CD's facial expression change during Blake's closing when she was talking about Tylee is still haunting me. I spliced a video of just that 60 seconds of the closing arguments and added captions to highlight the context of his sadistic smirk: Untitled Project - Kapwing

ETA: The gif I uploaded is making the forum glitchy, so I'm removing it.

Last edited:
CD's facial expression change during Blake's closing when she was talking about Tylee is still haunting me. I spliced a video of just that 60 seconds of the closing arguments and added captions to highlight the context of his sadistic smirk: Untitled Project - Kapwing

ETA: The gif I uploaded is making the forum glitchy, so I'm removing it.
Interesting - the first clip, he looks downward for Tammy and JJ, but not Tylee.

Verdict Watch video from Hidden True Crime:

And Nate Eaton's on the scene. Jury's been deliberating for almost an hour this morning (in addition to the time last night)
I think Nate and Lauren (HTC) and anyone else covering the case should all get some coffee and sit down together outside the courthouse or in a nearby restaurant or something and live stream their discussion on their various channels while waiting for the verdict so that we all have something to watch while we wait.

This is the first I've heard of SD having a journal.
I went to look for the documentation of SD journal. Here it is, I will post the link to the document admitting it as evidence.

It looks like the link is not active; it's in cases of interest in Idaho.

It is item 60 listed- journal.

I found a shocker on a nearby line: it lists photo deleted from Tammy's phone!

The prosecutors and defense know what is on that picture.

MOO

Attachments

• IMG_0076.png
    IMG_0076.png
    517.8 KB · Views: 46
03:11:15 on the Law and Crime verdict watch clock. I was hoping for 3 hours, but maybe the first hour and a half yesterday was just getting organized and today deliberations began in earnest. Now hoping for before lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70