GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you please verify how and where the Church "still proudly promotes his book, Visions of Glory?"

First of all "Visions of Glory" is not Chad's book, as insinuated. Rather, it is a book written/published by John Pontius from one 'Spencer' supposed account. True, Chad was heavily influenced by this book, but it wasn't his.

Secondly, I'm not seeing that book listed anywhere on the Church' related bookstore, Deseret Book, for sale.

I am seeing it listed on the website ldsbookstore.com, but that is most definitely NOT the Church' website, nor its bookstore. Instead this website/bookstore appears to be, from my limited search, a private company based in Orem, UT. This company is as much related to the Church as FedEx or UPS is to the U.S. Government' own USPS. In short it's a privately owned company, whose owners named it such that they could market themselves to an LDS audience and bank on that name affinity/association in order to gain a following.

So, to be clear, Chad's books are not being sold or promoted by the Church. If you have any other information to suggest/prove otherwise, I'm all ears.
Thanks for the clarification on the bookstore. When I saw LDS Bookstore in the url and on the site, I thought it was the LDS bookstore. That makes me somewhat interested in who runs that site and I wonder if they're part of some cult. I'm not too familiar with the peripheral players, like Julie Rowe, Eric Smith (I think that's his name), etc., but I'm sure there are a bunch of them who are still immersed in this stuff. When I posted about Vision of Glory, Love Never Fails simply misunderstood and thought it was one of Chad's books because I mentioned that Lori's cousin, Megan, told Lauren from HTC that all of the screwy stuff Chad & Lori espoused came from that book (except for zombies, I assume).

@k-mac

I don't want to get too deep in the weeds on this, but I think the Federal Rules of Evidence will help you with this.

Link to Federal Rules of Evidence: Federal Rules of Evidence

The most instructive of these rules on this issue is Rule 404, but Rules 401, 403, and 602 are also. The comments sections of these rules also help to explain the reasoning for exclusion of other convictions as evidence.
Amazing link!
Wealth of info thanks so much Augustwest xo

Juror 9 interview highlights Pt.2:
  • Describes Lindsey Blake as an "amazing prosecutor;" he liked Boyce.
  • No TV or cell phones during sequestration, but they had approved DVDs. They give a list to Boyce of what they want (DVDs, books, music, art) and he had to approve it. I guess that means they could've packed some stuff from home in advance?
  • Believes when they left the courthouse on Wednesday night, they all believed in guilt. They just wanted to go through everything.
  • There was never any "no" response when asking if everyone thought he was guilty.
  • He and many jurors became emotional during impact statements. Specifically cites Colby.
  • Sentencing was more challenging than guilt. Said there was a juror, a "he," that had some reservations about going with DP.
  • Said Boyce came by to socialize with the jury after it was over, shook their hands. Liked the bailiffs.
  • Said Prior "did what he could with what he had."
  • He has since been researching everything he can about the case.
  • It was "rough" to look at the autopsy photos. They do offer counseling to jurors.
  • There is a jury group chat now (lol).
  • Said there was one juror younger than him, and another about his age.
  • Said he would serve on a jury again.
  • He was THE juror that shaved his mustache! Another juror said a friend of his contacted him to ask about the "mustache man" from a "podcast he was listening to" (LOL!)
There were a few ducks quacking in the background.
Maybe those quacking ducks were Tammy's spirit letting them all know... their decisions were appreciated and correct. May she, Tylee and JJ rest in heaven.

BOISE, IDAHO — Two days after a jury sentenced Chad Daybell todeath for three murders, jurors spoke publicly for the first time about their death penalty decision.

“Yes, I was one of 12 people that said somebody should die,” juror Daynna Skiver said during an interview Monday with KSL 5. “I don’t think I’d be a very empathetic person if I said that didn’t weigh very heavily on me—it does—but I think it was the right decision for the heinous crimes that he committed and orchestrated.”
[…]
Skiver, however, said she left the trial convinced Daybell orchestrated the killings.

“You knew that he was the planner, the puppet master,” Skiver said. “He was leading everybody.”

Skiver said she saw photos and heard testimony that she will never forget, and she struggles to contemplate what happened to the victims, including J.J.

“I think about those poor children and that poor J.J.,” Skiver said as she turned emotional. “His mind trusting a human being more than anybody in the world and here they are doing this to you.”
[…]

I found a website called "murder houses", it includes the Chad Daybell house. Seems quite gruesome, like people planning a trip to Disney, and they can visit "Murder Houses" on the way?

Would I buy a house someone had been killed in? I don't think that I could do it. I am very sensitive to environments. I worked at Utah State Prison for a year, and literally couldn't stand it. There were places that felt ice cold to me, no matter how warm it was. I felt weird stuff there. It freaked me out so much, I quit the job, which was really easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back