GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How often do jurors speak to the press after US trials?
I find it all a bit unprofessional and tacky IMO
That's a good question regarding how often. It seems I've seen more of this rather recently than years ago.

Why do you find it unprofessional? They are doing a job on behalf of We the People. I see it as transparency.

Would I buy a house someone had been killed in? I don't think that I could do it. I am very sensitive to environments. I worked at Utah State Prison for a year, and literally couldn't stand it. There were places that felt ice cold to me, no matter how warm it was. I felt weird stuff there. It freaked me out so much, I quit the job, which was really easy.
Interesting! I'm the same way and would not want to be around that negative energy.

BOISE, IDAHO — Two days after a jury sentenced Chad Daybell todeath for three murders, jurors spoke publicly for the first time about their death penalty decision.

“Yes, I was one of 12 people that said somebody should die,” juror Daynna Skiver said during an interview Monday with KSL 5. “I don’t think I’d be a very empathetic person if I said that didn’t weigh very heavily on me—it does—but I think it was the right decision for the heinous crimes that he committed and orchestrated.”
[…]
Skiver, however, said she left the trial convinced Daybell orchestrated the killings.

“You knew that he was the planner, the puppet master,” Skiver said. “He was leading everybody.”

Skiver said she saw photos and heard testimony that she will never forget, and she struggles to contemplate what happened to the victims, including J.J.

“I think about those poor children and that poor J.J.,” Skiver said as she turned emotional. “His mind trusting a human being more than anybody in the world and here they are doing this to you.”
[…]

Tylee was so intuitive with not liking Chad.

I assume I'm not the only one here who hasn't listened to everything from both trials, because it's so time consuming. I've followed along by ready EIN, reading here and watching Youtubes, some of testimony and others of interviews like HTC. IOW, I've skipped around so much I can barely remember what I've watched and what I've missed. Plus, I've watched stuff out of order, from the two trails. I couldn't remember if I had listened to Melanie Gibb's testimony in Lori's trial so started listening and realized I hadn't. It's there she talked about Brandon having previously been a Nazi. I'm an hour and 15 into and will have to listen to rest later today but wanted to encourage other posters who missed things, as I have, to listen.

I saw an HTC recently where Lauren made a remark about Gibb and this testimony being so evasive and, man, is it ever. Gibb, who was Miss Blabbermouth and knew everything about the ideology and terms (light/dark, translated beings, probations, etc) in her early interview with Nate, acts as though she was only vaguely familiar with some of the terms. She seems super careful to be truthful about what she clearly states about things that happened but is full of "I don't remember". She is so cagey and it really bugs me. Lauren said she felt that both Gibb and Zulema (another extremely irritating player) know much more than they let on and I agree. I really wish the cops would have grilled them harder. I'm left with the feeling there is more there there. I hope Arizona brings some of what they've been hiding to light and that MG, Zulema and Melani all get raked over the coals.

Interesting! I'm the same way and would not want to be around that negative energy.
It's such an individual thing I think.
At one end of the spectrum are people who are fascinated by buildings associated with violent crime and, at the other end are those repelled by them.

Maybe it's because I'm not a believer in the spiritual, but for me the history of a house doesn't bother me in the slightest. I might avoid one if there was a steady stream of 'murder tourists' likely to be peering in the windows but past events wouldn't factor in for me.

I don't thin he'll be in solitary confinement and Nate said nobody is officially on "death row" until all appeals have been exhausted and there's what called a death warrant issued.

I'm in favor of prisoners communicating. We learn more about them and what goes on in their heads that way. Valuable in terms of research.
He wasn’t just transferred to the maximum security prison , but on to death row according to this….

An Idaho Department of Correction spokesperson said he is on death row at the Idaho Maximum Security Institution in Kuna.

I assume I'm not the only one here who hasn't listened to everything from both trials, because it's so time consuming. I've followed along by ready EIN, reading here and watching Youtubes, some of testimony and others of interviews like HTC. IOW, I've skipped around so much I can barely remember what I've watched and what I've missed. Plus, I've watched stuff out of order, from the two trails. I couldn't remember if I had listened to Melanie Gibb's testimony in Lori's trial so started listening and realized I hadn't. It's there she talked about Brandon having previously been a Nazi. I'm an hour and 15 into and will have to listen to rest later today but wanted to encourage other posters who missed things, as I have, to listen.

I saw an HTC recently where Lauren made a remark about Gibb and this testimony being so evasive and, man, is it ever. Gibb, who was Miss Blabbermouth and knew everything about the ideology and terms (light/dark, translated beings, probations, etc) in her early interview with Nate, acts as though she was only vaguely familiar with some of the terms. She seems super careful to be truthful about what she clearly states about things that happened but is full of "I don't remember". She is so cagey and it really bugs me. Lauren said she felt that both Gibb and Zulema (another extremely irritating player) know much more than they let on and I agree. I really wish the cops would have grilled them harder. I'm left with the feeling there is more there there. I hope Arizona brings some of what they've been hiding to light and that MG, Zulema and Melani all get raked over the coals.
JMO: The police coundn't care less about the fringe players' nontraditional beliefs and practices, as long as they weren't part of the murder conspiracy. MG, ZP and MBP had varying degrees of knowledge and they parted with their beliefs at different times. MBP, who seemed the closest to Lori and Chad was defending Lori for the longest time. ZP was led to believe she had special powers (controling the weather) and MG just wanted to be part of something, but was never fully trusted. ZP was not pleased when MG went to police.

JMO: The police coundn't care less about the fringe players' nontraditional beliefs and practices, as long as they weren't part of the murder conspiracy. MG, ZP and MBP had varying degrees of knowledge and they parted with their beliefs at different times. MBP, who seemed the closest to Lori and Chad was defending Lori for the longest time. ZP was led to believe she had special powers (controling the weather) and MG just wanted to be part of something, but was never fully trusted. ZP was not pleased when MG went to police.
All of the initialed characters listed above have been very important witnesses to aid in prosecuting Lori and Chad. Maybe MBP was only a useful witness because she was taped, but the others ultimately took actions that helped LE, and if not for MG and ZP, there might not have been convictions.

Who wouldn't, upon listening to Lori or Chad talk for a few minutes about their important role in ushering in the 144k, find themselves busy with absolutely ANYTHING next time Lori or Chad called to suggest lunch or some conference? Most of us would never be witnesses because we would recognize immediately that we don't want to hang out with these people. It takes an unusual and possibly not very likable personality to want to listen to Lori while she highlights your hair.

Yet, thank goodness the murderers were able to befriend a few people who were willing to become inner circle, trusted friends, but ultimately were not willing to become part of covering up murders. These people are not very likable, because it does seem like perhaps they would have stayed friends if they thought the murders were not eventually going to be solved, but they are our most important witnesses. They helped make prosecution possible.

I don't know what happened the night JJ was murdered and the nightmare. But one possible scenario is that David and Melanie tried unsuccessfully to interrupt a murder.

MOO

I used to not be able to go into a home where a relative died because I can honestly say I felt a horrible "energy," like I was no longer supposed to be there. It was a very heavy feeling. I went in to get my stuff and help move things around a couple times within a year after the death, then didn't return until about 8 years later. That was when I really felt the otherworldly bad feeling...

But I had to go in again very recently, and that feeling was gone. I was still uneasy, but that could have been from anticipating the bad feeling or because I was on the lookout for spiders and other critters since the home has been been used for storage since then. Not sure what caused the feeling to leave...maybe they finally found peace, and/or I made peace? Who knows. MOO.

I would visit the Daybell house so that I could leave flowers. I'd leave flowers at the home in Arizona where Charles was killed, too. Hey, speaking of, what's up with the Arizona house? MOO.

With a weapon, a toddler can kill an adult. They had no shortage of firearms. A kitchen knife can easily kill, as can a blunt instrument. Even suffocation is entirely within the realm of possibility, especially if Tylee was asleep and Lori straddled her chest for leverage.

Women kill people bigger than them all the time. And while Tylee was plus size, she was only five feet tall. Lori was five six. She had reach, and she had the advantage of knowing about and planning the killing well in advance.

MOO
I agree it was planned for both children. I actually think that each was drugged in their food or drinks and both suffocated. Didn't MG state that Alex came to the home and picked up JJ? I think that Alex did their dirty work for them. Why, I have no idea. I still do not believe that Alex's death was natural. The timing is way too coincidental for me.

I think the main motive was money, not just to get rid of the children. Tylee was old enough that she would have moved out of the home (along with her deceased father's monthly stipend). JJ could have been handed over to Kay. By doing so, Lori would be forfeiting his monthly checks. Remember, Lori was hauling in a tidy sum each month from the kids' respective sources.

It is very sad that Charles rang the alarm bells over and over again. He knew that his life was in danger. He knew that Lori was mentally unstable. He just couldn't fathom that it was an ambush waiting for him that fateful morning.

I have to wonder if Lori resorted to Plan B when she discovered that Charles had changed his beneficiary for the $1M payout. Lori was enraged. I think that money was the main driver for this evil pair. Working like normal people apparently didn't enter the equation. Their job skills were minimal and definitely couldn't support their lavish lifestyle.

Alex was somehow sucked in to be the terminator for Chad and Lori. Notice that they were banking on Brandon's life insurance, too. I don't think that Alex was doing it for money. I also think that Brandon's ex-wife was part of the plot on his life.

I think that Alex knew that when the dominoes started to fall Lori and Chad planned to use him as the fall guy in all of this. Those two thought that they were so clever.

Of course, Lumpy Chad could never have gotten a pretty cheerleader back in HS. He had nothing going for him. He is lucky that he ended up with Tammy. She was attractive, loyal and hardworking. He wasn't happy with that. He was looking for more to validate his pathetic ego.

Chad's doomsday prediction date has come and gone. I hope that the State provides him with the actual date when his world will come to an end. Good luck to him escaping through his portal.

JMO.

Last edited:
I agree it was planned for both children. I actually think that each was drugged in their food or drinks and both suffocated. Didn't MG state that Alex came to the home and picked up JJ? I think that Alex did their dirty work for them. Why, I have no idea. I still do not believe that Alex's death was natural. The timing is way too coincidental for me.

I think the main motive was money, not just to get rid of the children. Tylee was old enough that she would have moved out of the home (along with her deceased father's monthly stipend). JJ could have been handed over to Kay. By doing so, Lori would be forfeiting his monthly checks. Remember, Lori was hauling in a tidy sum each month from the kids' respective sources.

It is very sad that Charles rang the alarm bells over and over again. He knew that his life was in danger. He knew that Lori was mentally unstable. He just couldn't fathom that it was an ambush waiting for him that fateful morning.

I have to wonder if Lori resorted to Plan B when she discovered that Charles had changed his beneficiary for the $1M payout. Lori was enraged. I think that money was the main driver for this evil pair. Working like normal people apparently didn't enter the equation. Their job skills were minimal and definitely couldn't support their lavish lifestyle.

Alex was somehow sucked in to be the terminator for Chad and Lori. Notice that they were banking on Brandon's life insurance, too. I don't think that Alex was doing it for money. I also think that Brandon's ex-wife was part of the plot on his life.

I think that Alex knew that when the dominoes started to fall Lori and Chad planned to use him as the fall guy in all of this. Those two thought that they were so clever.

Of course, Lumpy Chad could never have gotten a pretty cheerleader back in HS. He had nothing going for him. He is lucky that he ended up with Tammy. She was attractive, loyal and hardworking. He wasn't happy with that. He was looking for more to validate his pathetic ego.

Chad's doomsday prediction date has come and gone. I hope that the State provides him with the actual date when his world will come to an end. Good luck to him escaping through his portal.

JMO.
Neither of the children tested positive for sedatives. It's entirely possible Tylee was suffocated, though, as that's what they later went on to do to both JJ and Tammy.

MOO

Is there a way that they would have got away with it? The police in Gilbert, AZ believed everything at the time. Just think, if LEO had done some due diligence, then JJ, Tylee, and Tammy would probably still be alive.

AC and LVD would have been held over, possibly put in jail. JJ would have gone with the Woodcocks, Tylee, off to college.

I think that if they had given JJ back to the Woodcocks, they probably would have gotten away with it. Maybe.

Neither of the children tested positive for sedatives. It's entirely possible Tylee was suffocated, though, as that's what they later went on to do to both JJ and Tammy.

MOO
Suffocation is what I believe happened to Tylee. A bed pillow over her face while she was sleeping, and an adult lying on top of it would be sufficient IMO. It would also have been the quietest way.

If another adult were present to lay across her body or hold her legs up to prevent her getting purchase on the bed, then that would have made it easier, but I think that Lori on her own could have done it.

Suffocation is what I believe happened to Tylee. A bed pillow over her face while she was sleeping, and an adult lying on top of it would be sufficient IMO. It would also have been the quietest way.

If another adult were present to lay across her body or hold her legs up to prevent her getting purchase on the bed, then that would have made it easier, but I think that Lori on her own could have done it.
Alex went to Lori's apt for an hour in the middle of the night on the night Tylee is believed to have been killed. He was never there that late on other occasions. This is similar to Alex's phone pinging close to Chad's house on the night Tammy died.

How often do jurors speak to the press after US trials?
I find it all a bit unprofessional and tacky IMO
Hi Tweet!

I take it from the wording “after US trials’ that you reside elsewhere. If so you may see things differently than we do. Here in the US we do a lot of things things out in the open because of our transparency of government that other countries often think are a bit odd. I do think jurors speaking to the press has increased in recent years and it’s primarily on the high profile cases but probably goes along with so many of our high profile trials being televised now - again because of our efforts of transparency. But also because of podcasts and YouTube videos and such which have increased our access.

When our news was limited to local news and 30 min evening national news and some morning shows it was hard for the networks go give airtime to interview a juror even if it was a high profile case. Now all the news programs have additional videos online and all the YouTubers and such are sort of free lance journalists and it’s more feasible for jurors to be interviewed.

It is totally up to the juror(s) if they do interviews. Courts will protect their identity as much as possible and even intervene if they are hounded by media and choose not to speak to them. Some want to because they truly see their jury duty as a civic duty and recognize that they are/were serving the people of that jurisdiction and want to give insight to how or why they reached their decisions. And yes, some want their 15 minutes of fame and may even do their own podcasts or videos or write their own books. And I think some have just had to hold it in for so long during the trial when they cannot speak to anyone about it that they are just ready to talk to anyone who will listen including the press.

Most of us in the US don’t think of it as tacky. As for unprofessional…well they aren’t professional jurors or in most cases not legal professionals or government employees. They are mothers and fathers and students and blue collar workers and white collar workers and retired people, etc. There are no “professional standards” for them to fall short of because being a juror is not a profession. It’s a responsibility and one that often costs them dearly in time away from jobs or family or whatever they would be doing if not sitting on a jury. So for my part, I appreciate when they take time to speak to media - whatever their motivation - because inquiring minds want to know what was in their minds.

Hi Tweet!

I take it from the wording “after US trials’ that you reside elsewhere. If so you may see things differently than we do. Here in the US we do a lot of things things out in the open because of our transparency of government that other countries often think are a bit odd. I do think jurors speaking to the press has increased in recent years and it’s primarily on the high profile cases but probably goes along with so many of our high profile trials being televised now - again because of our efforts of transparency. But also because of podcasts and YouTube videos and such which have increased our access.

When our news was limited to local news and 30 min evening national news and some morning shows it was hard for the networks go give airtime to interview a juror even if it was a high profile case. Now all the news programs have additional videos online and all the YouTubers and such are sort of free lance journalists and it’s more feasible for jurors to be interviewed.

It is totally up to the juror(s) if they do interviews. Courts will protect their identity as much as possible and even intervene if they are hounded by media and choose not to speak to them. Some want to because they truly see their jury duty as a civic duty and recognize that they are/were serving the people of that jurisdiction and want to give insight to how or why they reached their decisions. And yes, some want their 15 minutes of fame and may even do their own podcasts or videos or write their own books. And I think some have just had to hold it in for so long during the trial when they cannot speak to anyone about it that they are just ready to talk to anyone who will listen including the press.

Most of us in the US don’t think of it as tacky. As for unprofessional…well they aren’t professional jurors or in most cases not legal professionals or government employees. They are mothers and fathers and students and blue collar workers and white collar workers and retired people, etc. There are no “professional standards” for them to fall short of because being a juror is not a profession. It’s a responsibility and one that often costs them dearly in time away from jobs or family or whatever they would be doing if not sitting on a jury. So for my part, I appreciate when they take time to speak to media - whatever their motivation - because inquiring minds want to know what was in their minds.
Jurors in some trials are advised not to “go public” for fear that a defendant might try to intimidate them during the trial or, if convicted, seek revenge. This is not common, however. Most convicts don’t have that kind of power; organized crime “kingpins” do, but they are seldom brought to trial.

Prior files Notice of Appeal and.....surprise! Asks for court appointed appellate counsel
------
A notice of appeal and motion to appoint state appellate public defender on appeal & post-conviction has been filed by John Prior just a couple days after Chad Daybell’s sentencing.
More at link…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back