GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As you can see - the video says "private" - so do not know what that is about...

Thank you for this update. Any time for that hearing? TIA! :)
Sorry about that. I had posted the link while it was live from the judge’s channel and I guess it was unavailable after the live ended or something. I’m really not sure what happened but I apologize for whatever I might have done that caused that.

Ayo hold up a minute. Why was there a hearing today and how long have we known about it?
It was a status hearing regarding the post sentencing or post trial petition filed by the defense on July 17th - new defense atty is Ian Thomson (public defender - capital cases). I haven’t seen the petition but apparently asking for new trial based on ineffectiveness of counsel but may include more than that too - I’m not sure. I didn’t know the hearing was coming up but guess I’m still subscribed to Judge B’s channel because it appeared in my YouTube feed while i was looking for something else lol.

While I acknowledge the intricacies of his profession and the obvious...difficulties surrounding his client, I am not really a fan of Prior. That said, I hope that Prior is successfully able to prove he did the best with what he had and therefore did not provide ineffective counsel. Sure he made several (IMO) idiotic choices but overall I do not believe he displayed ineffective counsel. MOO.

I'm sure the majority of people sentenced to death probably try to file ineffective counsel. MOO.

Pryor actually did a pretty good job, given what he had to work with. Sure, CD didn't get a "Harvard" level outcome, with six attorneys. But he did get what he could afford.

And, in the end, I did watch a trial recently that the defendant spent all of the money in the world on counsel, and was found guilty (Rebecca Grossman). She was found guilty, because she did the crime. Same as CD. Pryor couldn't magically make solid evidence against CD disappear.

Attorneys also can't make long-extant Idaho law disappear. For example, Idaho law states that if the jury finds no "mitigating circumstances," then the defendant must receive the death penalty if charged with capital murder and death is sought.

While not impossible, it's kinda hard for a jury to find mitigating circumstances when the defendant openly chooses to present none via their defense. MOO.

I was just having a look back at the notice of appeal filed by John Prior before appeal counsel were appointed. (from here Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest )

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc.coi/CR22-21-1623/2024/060325-Notice-of-Appeal.pdf

3.b. states as follows: "Did the court err in ruling Dr. Davidson's report and testimony would be inadmissible in this case?"

This order dated 4th March 2024 seems to be applicable -

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...der-to-Seal-States-Motion-in-Limine-Brief.pdf

"On March 4, 2024, the Court received a request to file under seal the STATE'S MOTION IN LIMINE AND BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO EXCLUDE DEFENSE EXPERT JAMES DAVIDSON, PH.D. [...]"

This is a link to the site of Dr. James Davidson Ph.D., forensic and clinical psychologist. I wonder which defendant he evaluated. Probably Lori Vallow, without her co-operation or input, IMO.

Dr. James Davidson - James Davidson Ph.D.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow
Back