GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ridiculous to take down a tree, in my opinion.
It's not the tree's fault or the house's, but both were reminders of the horrors that happened there. Although Tylee and JJ's families probably won't visit the area again, some locals pass the site daily. The children's murders likely took place at Lori's and/or Alex's apartments. Those locations won't be affected.

Ridiculous to take down a tree, in my opinion.
I've never really understood removing inanimate objects, whether they were houses, trees, or schools. I think it's kind of a fad.

And, it's changed from the way it was historically. MOO Look at locations of the Holocaust--like Auschwitz-Birkenau, which was the site of millions of murders. Instead of tearing it down, they turned it into a memorial.

Or like the Genbaku Dome at Hiroshima. They didn't repair it or tear it down. They left it to serve as a reminder. Or the Colosseum in Rome, which was the site of incredibly violent deaths.

Or, maybe, the most famous of them all - the crucifixion of Jesus, yet the popularity of wearing crosses as jewelry.

Somewhere along the line, the idea of "let this location/building/cross/whatever serve as a lesson" has morphed into "out of sight, out of mind."

But that's all MOO

Yikes! A blueprint of their home. Absolutely nothing wrong with a mobile home, but I’m sure that's not what Lori had in mind as her forever love nest.
I’ve never understood what she saw in Chad Daybell or the lifestyle he promised, even considering some money coming in. It would have made sense for her to skip off in pursuit of juicier low-hanging fruit when she learned Charles had removed her from his will. Oh well. She’s got plenty of time to regret her choices now.

I’ve never understood what she saw in Chad Daybell or the lifestyle he promised, even considering some money coming in. It would have made sense for her to skip off in pursuit of juicier low-hanging fruit when she learned Charles had removed her from his will. Oh well. She’s got plenty of time to regret her choices now.
It makes sense if she bought somewhat into their theology, or even mainstream LDS theology in general. It wasn't primarily about today, it was about what came after. It was about eternity.

But if you can commit murder, defraud the government, and live on a beach until then, even better.

MOO

It makes sense if she bought somewhat into their theology, or even mainstream LDS theology in general. It wasn't primarily about today, it was about what came after. It was about eternity.

But if you can commit murder, defraud the government, and live on a beach until then, even better.

MOO
First, let me correct myself: It was his life insurance policy, not his will. That aside, do you really think she believed the Daybell
vision of eternity? I realize that bring a faithful Church member might predispose one to such beliefs, but I still don’t buy that it was about religion for her and not filling her narcissistic needs.

First, let me correct myself: It was his life insurance policy, not his will. That aside, do you really think she believed the Daybell
vision of eternity? I realize that bring a faithful Church member might predispose one to such beliefs, but I still don’t buy that it was about religion for her and not filling her narcissistic needs.
I think her magical thinking - which was all about fulfilling her narcissistic needs - was heavily coloured by her religious ideas. But when I say religious ideas, I'm talking about the ones she and Chad developed - it's not adultery because we've been married for umpteen lives, this life doesn't count for me so I can do whatever I want including murder... Those thought patterns are heavily narcissistic and amoral, but they're inextricably tied with the narrative they developed together giving them an eternal backstory and a justification for selfish cruelty.

She believes strongly in her eternal existence, I have no doubt of that. How much she believes in all the rest, I don't know, but I've said before, as former LDS raised in church, it's very difficult to separate the religious ideas from everything else. It permeates everything. Especially in a strongly narcissistic personality like Lori, who would come out with choice lines like, "Jesus loves you but he loves me the best." I think she's still happy and proud of everything she did. She's an incredibly dangerous person.

MOO

I've never really understood removing inanimate objects, whether they were houses, trees, or schools. I think it's kind of a fad.

And, it's changed from the way it was historically. MOO Look at locations of the Holocaust--like Auschwitz-Birkenau, which was the site of millions of murders. Instead of tearing it down, they turned it into a memorial.
I don't exactly disagree with you, but we are all different, and I for one can't take it. Visiting, or even seeing, these horror memorials, I mean. I was planning a tour which took in Poland and a several other countries, but could not find one which didn't include Auschwitz. So I scrapped the idea. I know, from various life experiences, that it would have a really bad effect on me and my mental health. I am by no means saying that these places should not be kept as memorials, and the world certainly must never forget, but as I said, some of us just can't cope with it. My brother has visited Hiroshima and the Killing Fields of Cambodia, and he says he just can't take anymore. So I totally support the families of victims who want related places demolished, and even people who can't help but see them regularly. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back