TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the car seat manual cooper was too big for the seat. That is a fact. Whatever measurements given today (rump to shoulders etc) don't matter. He was in a seat for an infant and he was too big for it per the car seat manual. There are plenty of rear facing seats for TODDLERS that he would have fit in properly. My children rear faced up to age 3 with plenty of room in a proper seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, the measurements were not given today (rump to shoulders etc). Those measurements came from the Autopsy Report done on Cooper Harris 6/19/2014 http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_7cd46570b4a9474b9e36c87173e7a14d.pdf And they do matter. JMHO

The car seat measurements TRIAL TESTIMONY was given by Former CSI Grimstead 10/12/2016, who took those measurements on 6/18/2014 & after midnight into 6/19/2014. Everything as far as testimony is from that time, not today standards. Car seat was shown and the back and it showed weight and so forth for the car seat.

So far I have only seen it testified that how long he was that made him per Stoddard "several inches over the manual". But common sense says Cooper was not standing with his feet in the seat of the car seat. Yes his head would go over top that way. But no way his head was over top or even near top if the measurements from seat to top are 19 1/4th in and the child sitting in seat is measured at 14 inches.

We can just agree to disagree.

Actually, apparently RH told fellow church goers more than once of his struggle with sex-stuff outside his marriage, and asked them to pray for him.

The State's assertion of RH leading a double life will fall more than a tad flat if the defense calls any of those peeps to the stand.

So, no testimony on record to this assertion?

Lol, anyway, I'm sure the defense has people lined up to sing the praises of the child-killer.

I wouldn't expect anything less.

I think you two are having a miscommunication. When she said :
"Thanks Mimi. It makes no sense, though. Ross would have no need for a baby seat of any kind when Cooper's away with his mother. Simply put the front facer back in his car when the baby returns. Double-switching is nonsensical imo."

When she said the BBM above, I think she was referring to when Cooper went out of state with his mother for a vacation. LH had said she 'switched' out the seats when she took him on a family visit/vacation. But if they were out of town, why would she need to put her car seat into his car at all? That makes no sense. She could have just taken the one she wanted and left the other behind.

That's exactly what I was referring to. (In response to ArkMimi stating the seats were swapped/not swapped back, 2 weeks previously.) I'm not sure how much more specific I could have been, but there you go. Thanks Katy.

"Switched out" doesn't necessarily mean the smaller seat was put on Ross's car. As I understand the term, it just means exchanging one thing for another, as in, Leanne took out the smaller seat and replaced it with the larger.

rs for point
Yes it does, if that's what in fact was said - a generational thing. Much like 'lawyered up' is a generation thing. We don't know the exact term she used. She may have said she switched them over, but the use of 'switched them out' in place of, is par for the course today. You have a young DS, I thought you would be more down with the kids Hope. jk

That's all irrelevant. What is relevant is LH said she DID swap the seats, and didn't switch them back, per the Hearing, as I was informed earlier:

From what I understand from Hearing, they switched the car seats because LH had went on a trip to Alabama, and had not swapped them back. Forward facing was orig in RH car. IF I understood testimony. JMHO And at time they switched if 2 weeks prior would make that 2 weeks ago make sense of some things.

This. These are exactly my thoughts - 100% every word.

getting caught up on this case and I agree about today as well and I think he is guilty...but the state is not proving it to me at all. Both defense lawyers are doing an excellent job...creating more than doubt...this was not a good week for the state at all.

I am in the RH did it column. I agree this week has not been the greatest for the state. I do realize that generally the best testimony is saved for last. I equate,it to using a brick by brick approach. Imho

Was reviewing CSI Grimstead testimony and was able to get these comparison ss. :facepalm:

On 6/18/2014 the distance from top of drivers seat to the top of the car seat (not head rest and not car seat handle) 3 1/2 inches.

Notice the difference in 6/18/14 and the 7/2/14 adjusted/manipulated car seat setting and view

Car seat view 6/18/2014 car seat june 18 2014 3 and half inch from top cs to top passenger seat.JPG

NOTE THIS IS A DOLL AND NOT COOPER TOP OF HEAD:
This is also info that was used at the Bond hearing next day 7/3/14

States exhibit #309 with doll, on 7/2/14 with tilt extension extended and front of car seat leaning more down than 6/18/14 car seat July 2 2014 with incorrect measurements  doll State 309 1.JPG

States exhibit #310 with doll, 7/2/14 same, with tilt extension extended, view standing out side car car seat July 2 2014 with incorrect measurements  doll State 310 .JPG

Not disagreeing about how he fit in the seat (head location, legs etc). Disagreeing that he was in a seat that he fit in properly. It's been stated over and over and over that he was in the proper seat for his size and that the state has lied. It is a fact that he was too large for the infant seat he was in.

Cooper was 3 inches taller than the maximum height allowed for the seat to fit properly. There are several seats on the market that rear face for toddlers. This seat was for an infant.

And common sense for parents that have used car seats has been stated over and over in this thread and the other. Most parents don't continue to use an infant seat for their almost two year old because the child doesn't fit properly thus making it unsafe. Obviously he wasn't standing in it, but he did not fit properly in the seat.

Again I am just going by Autopsy Report done June 19, 2014 and by testimony read into the record when asked weight for car seat being up to 30 pounds for the car seat that was logged into evidence from RH vehicle on June 18, 2014. Testimony by former CSI Grimstead

Uh... there was no testimony or evidence that the veteran detective was so overcome with emotion that he couldn't smell and that is not a reasonable inference, either.

If there's incriminating evidence on the computers, then the state should just present it; it's absurd to hint that the data is on the computer by asking a witness if it's possibly there even though the witness searched and didn't find it.

That's not evidence.

No of course there was no testimony to that, if they did admit that they would look incompetant and everything they did would be under increased scrutiny. I am not saying it was true, I am saying it could be true. Further I hope no officer or emt ever becomes so hardened that a dead child or adult doesnt not illicit emotion.

I am a more visual type person. :thinking:

June 18, 2014 view standing at drivers door car seat June 18 2014 State exhibt 272.JPG

July 2, 2014 view standing at drivers door with tilt extended and doll in car seat car seat July 2 2014 with incorrect measurements  doll State 310 .JPG

I thought it was pretty interesting that RH was paid to rebuild website for the Tuscaloosa AL PD. His brother works there.

I am in the RH did it column. I agree this week has not been the greatest for the state. I do realize that generally the best testimony is saved for last. I equate,it to using a brick by brick approach. Imho

I do not think there is any argument in who did it, but what was did in the legal aspect. JMHO

How often was he on Childfree subreddit?

If I understood correctly 1 time as a url and clicked on 4 items and this was done April 2014.

Per this witness, he created a report "child free" but did not include in his report that RH never did a "search" for "child free". Going to go back over the testimony, to see if I understood correctly. JMHO

I have been following this case since the beginning. It's hard to miss. Not only is it a webslueth headliner, but it got an unprecedented amount of press coverage, out of the many of Hot Car deaths we see every year...

So what makes one a murder suspect as opposed to a parent who made a deadly "mistake"? I can see nothing substantial, that makes this seem like an evil plot to murder this child, as opposed to a deadly error, made by a selfish, preoccupied person, who forgot about what should have been the most important thing on his mind, that day.

Personally, I don't think these people had some sort of master plan for ridding themselves of the burden of parenthood. I think the guy was a Jack@ss who forgot his kid in the car. LE didn't like his attitude, mannerisms, behaviors... or whatever.... so RH is being charged with murder, instead of getting sympathy, or a wrist slap like most of these cases...

We had a death in our family last week. I found myself noticing at both the Wake and the Funeral service, how many different modes of behavior there were among the mourners... Some were balling their eyes out, some were smiling, some seemed stiff, an unemotional, some were drunk, some were angry and some were acting as if it were just a day like any other...

As for myself, I was unable to actually acknowledge my loss, I felt very much the same as I had when he was ill and away from us, in hospital. It was a few days later, in the grocery store, that it sunk in, and grief came harshly and unexpectedly, in such a benign setting! I hate how harshly we human beings judge one another, people we don't know a thing about, but all of sudden we get fed info that makes us feel we are somehow qualified to declare another person a monster, by the way, (we are led to believe?), they live, grieve, or behave...

I'm not prepared to make any judgment on these parents. I don't feel there is any overwhelming evidence that they are brutal murderers. This whole case has a witch-hunt feel to it imo... In any case, it's a terribly sad reflection on human-kind.

I happened to catch this part of the questioning yesterday... Ross had called the daycare to say he was running late and would be stopping at chick fil a and bringing coopers breakfast to daycare. So the teachers said, since you are going there anyway would you mind picking up chick fil a for us too? so basically yes, they asked him, but it was because he was going to stop there on his way anyhow.

On the day Cooper died? So he also forgot to buy food for the teachers, and then forgot to take Cooper and the food to daycare? And the daycare people didn't think it was odd that he said he would be in and bring food and then didn't show up?

Respectfully, the measurements were not given today (rump to shoulders etc). Those measurements came from the Autopsy Report done on Cooper Harris 6/19/2014 http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_7cd46570b4a9474b9e36c87173e7a14d.pdf And they do matter. JMHO

The car seat measurements TRIAL TESTIMONY was given by Former CSI Grimstead 10/12/2016, who took those measurements on 6/18/2014 & after midnight into 6/19/2014. Everything as far as testimony is from that time, not today standards. Car seat was shown and the back and it showed weight and so forth for the car seat.

So far I have only seen it testified that how long he was that made him per Stoddard "several inches over the manual". But common sense says Cooper was not standing with his feet in the seat of the car seat. Yes his head would go over top that way. But no way his head was over top or even near top if the measurements from seat to top are 19 1/4th in and the child sitting in seat is measured at 14 inches.

I can't quite grasp this measurement thing. If Cooper was 14" from the top of his head to the bottom of his rear end, then his legs would have been 19" long. He would have been seriously disproportionate.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Respectfully, the measurements were not given today (rump to shoulders etc). Those measurements came from the Autopsy Report done on Cooper Harris 6/19/2014 http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_7cd4...7173e7a14d.pdf And they do matter. JMHO

I can't quite grasp this measurement thing. If Cooper was 14" from the top of his head to the bottom of his rear end, then his legs would have been 19" long. He would have been seriously disproportionate.

The body is that of a Caucasian male child whose general appearance is consistent with the stated chronological age of 22 months.

The body measurements are as follows:
Crown-heel length: 33"
Crown-rump length: 14"
Rump-heel length: 17-1/2"
Head circumference: 19-1/2"
Chest circumference: 18"
Abdominal circumference: 18"
Shoulder-rump length: 11"
Back of neck-rump length: 10-1/2"
Crown-shoulder length: 8"
Shoulder-heel length: 23-1/2"
Back of head-heel length: 26"
Body weight: 21 pounds, 5.4 ounces pg 6/8 http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_7cd46570b4a9474b9e36c87173e7a14d.pdf

Again, these are NOT my numbers/figures or theory. Comes from the Autopsy Report. I do not agree or disagree, just going by the document signed by the ME on 6/29/14

This is who the other witness that was to testify on Friday, per State, and the one that Kilgore said would take a while :popcorn:

Cobb Police Detective Ralph Escamillo said he had investigated phone numbers on Harris’ cellphone in the weeks after Harris’ arrest June 18, 2014, the day Cooper Harris died, with one number Harris had dialed on May 31 of that year connected to advertisements for sexual services on sites such as Backpage and Craigslist.

Escamillo and officers met with the woman Sept. 18, 2014, he said, under the guise of setting up a sexual encounter at a hotel on Franklin Gateway in Marietta that day — one of two hotels on that corridor where she meets her clients, she told him. http://www.mdjonline.com/news/judge...cle_9d9d458e-8989-11e6-80f3-c7a7a700b586.html

LOL well Det Stoddard set the sting up, also Stoddard testimony on this was used in the Bond Hearing. 7/3/14. Goes toward their reasons for SW on the sexting and other charges and their theory he wanted a child free life jmho.

And the underaged girl, has given testimony that RH loved Cooper. again just going by stuff entered under oath as truth.

Well when you are trying to seduce an undeage girl I doubt you think announcing you no longer want your child will achieve your desired results. Hiding homicidal tendencies from a potential love/lust interest doesn't mean they weren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member