Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched very little of today, so I can't speak to that. However, I feel like this week has not been strong for them. I don't expect it to continue tending this way, because they are a good team. With that said, they have a massive challenge of attempting to repair the character of Ross.

He lied, and lied, and lied some more. So what is the truth? I don't know how they will fix that, but it will be interesting to watch.

I am guessing the defense will say - Ross lied. Ross fooled around on his wife. Ross wasted much of his time on this phone. Ross loved his penis. (Okay, they won't say that). But, all these things, as distasteful as they are, does not mean he murdered his child.

I think that's about all they can say.

jmo

I have to listen again---but it seemed like the lawyer phrased it, and she answered yes.

That was when she said she didn't remember and Kilgore asked if it would help to hear her interview with the Det later to refresh her memory.
IIRC refreshing her memory another time is when she told Det that RH said his and LH marriage had been getting better, and couldn't remember.

I think this was a bad day for the defense. Today was the first time we were seeing that he had a beautiful young girl that expressed LOVE for him and wanted to be with him. They spoke every day and were 'best friends.' And why couldn't he leave his wife and be with this gorgeous redhead? Because of Cooper. He says he could never divorce Cooper's Mommy...

But what if Cooper were not around anymore? What if there was a tragic accident and his beloved son was gone? Would his sweetheart be there for him to help him through it all?

This was a great day for the prosecution. In opening statements Kilgore claimed that JRH wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Welp, I guess not since he admits he was willing to leave his wife... if it wasn't for Cooper.

I am guessing the defense will say - Ross lied. Ross fooled around on his wife. Ross wasted much of his time on this phone. Ross loved his penis. (Okay, they won't say that). But, all these things, as distasteful as they are, does not mean he murdered his child.

I think that's about all they can say.

jmo

I don't think that will be enough, though. (Not for neglect and felony murder.) I think so much hinges on Leanna's testimony.

Defense had a hard time with Meadows at the end. He tried to say she was 'mad' at Ross and thats why she is sounding negative and she pushed back and denied it was the case---said she was being truthful.

JMHO she was upset with him. She even said something that she had not told anyone something about they had planned to be together I going to have to go back and re listen to that whole bit.

I think he and LH did this to save Cooper from the emotional upset and all if they divorced. In their minds they were doing what was best for Cooper.
Think about it. All of the odd statements make sense this way. Everything LH said at the funeral makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he had taken a big dose of heroin before he was supposed to drop off Cooper and went into a coma for six hours - and that caused Cooper to die of hyperthermia, then that's the kind of criminal negligence that supports a homicide conviction. Because death or serious injury to Cooper is a clearly known risk if his caregiver takes a bunch of heroin and is unable to care for the baby.[/QUOTE[/B][/B]

BBM - I think he was in some sort of "sexual coma" which blocked the part of his brain that was responsible for Cooper!

I have watched very little of today, so I can't speak to that. However, I feel like this week has not been strong for them. I don't expect it to continue tending this way, because they are a good team. With that said, they have a massive challenge of attempting to repair the character of Ross.

He lied, and lied, and lied some more. So what is the truth? I don't know how they will fix that, but it will be interesting to watch.
I don't think the DT has any intention of attempting to repair RH character. Can't be done and they know it. But they can and are proving by many that RH was a loving dad. I feel sure DT closing arguments will be along the lines of "yes, RH is a philanderer and terrible husband, but testified to by many, he loved his son. DT would be wasting time fighting a losing battle fighting to prove husband character. The charges question his character as a father

He was texting a woman he wanted to hook up with. He may not have gotten to the dirty pix part yet, but that was where he was trying to go with it. The woman created the red box meme, about hating her family life and needing an escape. He messaged her and agreed. While he is supposed to be turning to the left to drop pff Cooper, he goes the other way instead---and is focusing on his convo about wanting an escape from family life.

Exactly and thank you.

JRH's entire defense is that he forgot Cooper. He cannot have forgotten Cooper while texting about wanting to escape him and his family life. Defense blown.

I don't think that will be enough, though. (Not for neglect and felony murder.) I think so much hinges on Leanna's testimony.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt that Ross will not get convicted for intending to murder his child. I really don't see direct evidence of that, and the circumstantial evidence is just not enough, imo.

I DO think there is enough for neglect. (Sorry I don't recall the exact legal terms for his charges.) I think he did indeed neglect his child to the extent his child died.

This death was not an accident.

I think the evidence presented so far doesn't go far enough for intentional murder - there is plenty of reasonable doubt,imo.

I think it's iffy at this time on whether the jury will be convinced this was neglect and not an accident. Still more testimony to go....

jmo

JMHO she was upset with him. She even said something that she had not told anyone something about they had planned to be together I going to have to go back and re listen to that whole bit.

But is that so unbelievable that they talked about being together? They spoke every day and he told her he loved her every day. Why wouldn't they fantasize about being together in the future?

LOL ...Perry Mason moment for defense (sort of)

LOL agree, when Kilgore went over to his table and the State said they had no more questions and Kilgore said he wasn't finished lol then he brought over the letter she wrote and gave or emailed him to give to RH after he had been arrested. She spoke to Det Murphy on phone 7/9/14, then 7/17/14 Murphy went to PD in Madison and did a in person interview. Then sometime in 2015 about a year later as Kilgore said he and his investigator met with her. I wonder when she gave him that letter? Then? or if email before he met with her?

I don't think the DT has any intention of attempting to repair RH character. Can't be done and they know it. But they can and are proving by many that RH was a loving dad. I feel sure DT closing arguments will be along the lines of "yes, RH is a philanderer and terrible husband, but testified to by many, he loved his son. DT would be wasting time fighting a losing battle fighting to prove husband character. The charges question his character as a father

But there are many people out there (myself included) who will look at the totality of his life, and say HOW could he have really loved his son...when his whole life was a lie to escape? There is still a long way to go, but right now...I think Ross loved Ross above anyone else.

No one should be texting (sexting or "regular" texting) while driving, especially with your baby in the car. I'm a little shocked at the pass some people seem to be giving him.

I am also annoyed with the "boys will be boys" attitude towards JRH. He was a thirty four year old grown man (at the time) who should have been focused on taking care of his kid and getting to work at a decent time. More and more it looks like JRH did NOT want to grow up and be an adult about his life, and I can see it being one out of many motivations to leave Cooper in the car on purpose.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt that Ross will not get convicted for intending to murder his child. I really don't see direct evidence of that, and the circumstantial evidence is just not enough, imo.

I DO think there is enough for neglect. (Sorry I don't recall the exact legal terms for his charges.) I think he did indeed neglect his child to the extent his child died.

This death was not an accident.

I think the evidence presented so far doesn't go far enough for intentional murder - there is plenty of reasonable doubt,imo.

I think it's iffy at this time on whether the jury will be convinced this was neglect and not an accident. Still more testimony to go....

jmo

I agree that they have not shown enough direct evidence that he premeditated a murder.

But I do think they are making a great case for his underlying AMBIVALENCE about being a father. And if the jury will accept that he didn't really want the responsibilities of being Coopers dad anymore, then they will likely go for Criminal Negligence, imo/

I think he and LH did this to save Cooper from the emotional upset and all if they divorced. In their minds they were doing what was best for Cooper.
Think about it. All of the odd statements make sense this way. Everything LH said at the funeral makes sense.

I'm not sure LH was involved, but I can see Ross (in his twisted way of rationalizing things to suit his own "needs") thinking death would be kinder to Cooper than a broken family.

I'm not sure LH was involved, but I can see Ross (in his twisted way of rationalizing things to suit his own "needs") thinking death would be kinder to Cooper than a broken family.

I honestly don't think Ross thought this. I think he wouldn't divorce his wife because divorce took effort. And, the responsibilities of a divorced dad (child support, part-time custody) would be too much effort. If he stays married, Leanne is around to do all the hard stuff.

I in no way think he stayed in the marriage because it was better for Cooper. I think Ross stayed in the marriage because it was easier for Ross.

jmo

edited to add: I don't think Ross intended to kill Cooper. I'm just speaking to the point of divorce, which I don't think Ross intended to do either.

interesting slant and gave it some thought, but for me personally, I don't think so. I will assume with your profile name you are north of the Mason Dixon line. Funerals and actions and comments at funerals can be a little different in the Bible Belt. Sort of like a language dialect :) It can be a regional thing. I could see how someone that has heard the reported 3-4 lines spoken at the funeral could interpret those comments. I heard the same 3-4 lines and originally thought them concerning as well. But again, it can be a regional thing. If you look back 2-4 pages in this thread someone from AL reports they went to like 5 funerals in AL in previous 4-6 months and heard a lot of same funeral train of thoughts and comments at 4 of the 5 funerals. Yes, I am too lazy to go in search :) Just like since day 1 of this trial, I am going to wait until I see the video's or see the actual full reports with my own ears/eyes put into context, rather than rely on reported snipped soundbites from MSM

I think she may have known because of her statements at the police station and funeral. This trial is getting to me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member