Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the testimony--She was the only one, there were NO other girls? (Lol). Or, she was the only one and there were other girls? (lol again, but at least that would be honest).

He told her he loved her every day? Perhaps she means on the days she wasn't playing games with him by cutting off contact til he heeled sufficiently? If Ross told Leanna he loved her every day would that make it so?

Isn't this the same witness that Boring asked (paraphrasing) that there should be calls on RH phone unless he deleted them? I may be misspeaking but he asked someone something to that effect. Like they may not be there. BUT how could he call her everyday if her phone was shut off sometimes? So if the witness says RH called her or texted every day but not on his phone/records, did they get her phone records to verify? I didn't catch any phone records being admitted may have missed that if so. JMHO

I don't think the DT has any intention of attempting to repair RH character. Can't be done and they know it. But they can and are proving by many that RH was a loving dad. I feel sure DT closing arguments will be along the lines of "yes, RH is a philanderer and terrible husband, but testified to by many, he loved his son. DT would be wasting time fighting a losing battle fighting to prove husband character. The charges question his character as a father

If you go back to Def OS, they say that very thing right off the bat.

LOL agree, when Kilgore went over to his table and the State said they had no more questions and Kilgore said he wasn't finished lol then he brought over the letter she wrote and gave or emailed him to give to RH after he had been arrested. She spoke to Det Murphy on phone 7/9/14, then 7/17/14 Murphy went to PD in Madison and did a in person interview. Then sometime in 2015 about a year later as Kilgore said he and his investigator met with her. I wonder when she gave him that letter? Then? or if email before he met with her?
I'm not sure (going to re-listen to her testimony tonight) but if I remember correctly she gave letter to Kilgore not long after RH arrest

But there are many people out there (myself included) who will look at the totality of his life, and say HOW could he have really loved his son...when his whole life was a lie to escape? There is still a long way to go, but right now...I think Ross loved Ross above anyone else.
Agreed, but your comment never mentioned in totality you felt he pre-planned the murder of his son

interesting slant and gave it some thought, but for me personally, I don't think so. I will assume with your profile name you are north of the Mason Dixon line. Funerals and actions and comments at funerals can be a little different in the Bible Belt. Sort of like a language dialect :) It can be a regional thing. I could see how someone that has heard the reported 3-4 lines spoken at the funeral could interpret those comments. I heard the same 3-4 lines and originally thought them concerning as well. But again, it can be a regional thing. If you look back 2-4 pages in this thread someone from AL reports they went to like 5 funerals in AL in previous 4-6 months and heard a lot of same funeral train of thoughts and comments at 4 of the 5 funerals. Yes, I am too lazy to go in search :) Just like since day 1 of this trial, I am going to wait until I see the video's or see the actual full reports with my own ears/eyes put into context, rather than rely on reported snipped soundbites from MSM

Having lived my whole life in Georgia, LH's statements at the funeral seem very odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
JMHO she was upset with him. She even said something that she had not told anyone something about they had planned to be together I going to have to go back and re listen to that whole bit.

But is that so unbelievable that they talked about being together? They spoke every day and he told her he loved her every day. Why wouldn't they fantasize about being together in the future?

Not saying it is unbelievable, just saying she had never told Det Murphy in his 2 interviews, never told the DA in their interview, no had she told Kilgore in his interview in 2015 of this. If I were a juror sitting and watching this witness, and seeing her appear to mouth "stop" have to re watch but someone else was speaking not her iirc when she did that. Kept looking at him, then hearing that, it would give me pause to her testimony on things that were not in print. And when Kilgore asked if she wanted to listen to her interview, she had to have said those remarks.

BBM

I am beginning to wonder if Ross actually hated Leanna so much that he purposely left Cooper in the car to die. Based on his sexual exploits outside of marriage, it's clear that Ross did not respect Leanna. Five days before Cooper's death Ross watched a video about the dangers of leaving pets in a hot car. The day before Cooper's death Leanna texted Ross to remember Cooper. As Ross ate CFA on the day of Cooper's death, he was texting with a woman complaining how his wife didn't like him going out with his friends, which he was doing that evening. The woman on Whisper commiserated by saying that she felt unappreciated as a spouse and parent. I don't think that it is a leap to assume that those thoughts filled Ross's head as he buckled Cooper into his seat for the last time. A few seconds later, Ross passed the turn lane to take Cooper to daycare. It's so tragic.

ETA - Cooper being left in a hot car was reportedly Leanna's worst fear. Was this one last jab at Leanna?

I think this is a very good possibility. I read/heard somewhere that child victims of homicide by a parent are usually done to hurt the other parent. Typically there is some issue with custody and child support. I wish I had a link to this, but I don't. I'll look for it, though.

I think he and LH did this to save Cooper from the emotional upset and all if they divorced. In their minds they were doing what was best for Cooper.
Think about it. All of the odd statements make sense this way. Everything LH said at the funeral makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leanna was investigated- intensely- by LE for months, after which LE made clear she was not considered a suspect.

I don't share the same flavor of faith Leanna practiced, but what she said st the funeral (and beforehand, for that matter), is 100% consistent with what a devout follower of her church would believe and say.

Perhaps learning something about her religion would help provide a perspective on how her faith shaped her response to losing her baby, having her husband locked up charged with killing their child, having LE grossly misrepresent and lie about her actions and words, and having the media echo chamber blast those untruths so loudly and uniformly and continuously that she is still, to this day, even here, is considered by some be guilty of conspiring to kill Cooper.

ETA: Please refer to Tricia's message here within the past week asking posters to not discuss Leanna's "involvement."

Is he on record as saying the reason he was staying in because of Cooper, was for Coopers well being?
Or just 'because of' Cooper.

There is nothing more that a lot of women love is to hear how much someone loves their kid. So heartwarming, RH probably knows the buttons to push. Sweet daddy.

Is it real? Who knows

I think she may have known because of her statements at the police station and funeral. This trial is getting to me. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's getting to many of us. Very emotional trial. But please keep in mind we haven't even heard LH testify yet. We have heard soundbites. No doubt, she will be an important witness to answer many of the questions many of us want answers to. Before the trial started, I thought RH has Googled "child-free" but now we have seen the actual texting conversation that converts that entire conversation into a shared reddit clicked link context.

Not to mention, there is killing to remove an obstacle, such as Casey Anthony and Caley ( theoretically, ;) ) yet even that sociopath who was completely indifferent to Caylee at best didn't (theoretically) kill her in the most brutal way she could imagine.

Not even the State is arguing RH hated Cooper, and that's what he would have had to feel to have chosen to kill Cooper the way he died.

Not necessarily. As others have said, Ross was mainly concerned with himself. If he decided to kill Cooper (and I'm not saying he did), he didn't choose this method because he hated Cooper and wanted to see him suffer. Ross chose it because he thought he wouldn't be charged/legally blamed.

I don't see how anyone could condemn their child to a torturous death, but we all know humans are capable of truly evil things.

interesting slant and gave it some thought, but for me personally, I don't think so. I will assume with your profile name you are north of the Mason Dixon line. Funerals and actions and comments at funerals can be a little different in the Bible Belt. Sort of like a language dialect :) It can be a regional thing. I could see how someone that has heard the reported 3-4 lines spoken at the funeral could interpret those comments. I heard the same 3-4 lines and originally thought them concerning as well. But again, it can be a regional thing. If you look back 2-4 pages in this thread someone from AL reports they went to like 5 funerals in AL in previous 4-6 months and heard a lot of same funeral train of thoughts and comments at 4 of the 5 funerals. Yes, I am too lazy to go in search :) Just like since day 1 of this trial, I am going to wait until I see the video's or see the actual full reports with my own ears/eyes put into context, rather than rely on reported snipped soundbites from MSM

I'm in the bible belt (GA, specifically) and have heard such phrases at funerals as "he's in a better place/I wouldn't bring him back"... in regards to an aged person, or a person suffering a painful, incurable, deadly disease.

I think it's an odd thing to say about a healthy young child who suddenly died. JMO!

Did ya'll catch the testimony on Direct about CF?

Boring asked her if she knew RH was fond of CF.

Meadows: yes

Boring: did he and Cooper go to CF through the drive thru before dropping Cooper off?

Meadows: She didn't know about going through the drive thru, knew more about him taking Cooper inside.

Having lived my whole life in Georgia, LH's statements at the funeral seem very odd to me.

Having been born and raised in Alabama, the statement is not odd to me. I have never been to a funeral in Al. or Ga. where someone didn't say..."S/he is in a better place." The statement LH made follows the same thought process. If the deceased is in a better place, why would you want to bring him/her back ?

I'm in the bible belt (GA, specifically) and have heard such phrases at funerals as "he's in a better place/I wouldn't bring him back"... in regards to an aged person, or a person suffering a painful, incurable, deadly disease.

I think it's an odd thing to say about a healthy young child who suddenly died. JMO!

This exactly.

I'm curious if LH's testimony will change at all after hearing/seeing the details of all his other gals. That's assuming she's following along, and that she wasn't already privy to all the details.

Agreed, but your comment never mentioned in totality you felt he pre-planned the murder of his son

Because I don't feel that way. Personally, I think he had very little (if any) real parental love for Cooper and he neglected him qualifying for felony murder. BUT, I have no opinion about premeditation. Not until all the evidence is presented by both sides.

Not necessarily. As others have said, Ross was mainly concerned with himself. If he decided to kill Cooper (and I'm not saying he did), he didn't choose this method because he hated Cooper and wanted to see him suffer. Ross chose it because he thought he wouldn't be charged/legally blamed.

I don't see how anyone could condemn their child to a torturous death, but we all know humans are capable of truly evil things.

I don't think Ross intended to kill Cooper, but I'll add to your thoughts about the method. Not only would Ross think he wouldn't be blamed for that method of death, it's also a passive way to kill someone. All you do is shut a car door.

Again, I don't think Ross planned to kill Cooper, but if he did, this method fits his selfish and lazy personality.

jmo

Having been born and raised in Alabama, the statement is not odd to me. I have never been to a funeral in Al. or Ga. where someone didn't say..."S/he is in a better place." The statement LH made follows the same thought process. If the deceased is in a better place, why would you want to bring him/her back ?

In Leanna's faith, selfless love of God means trusting absolutely in God's will, accepting that everything is part of His plan, and submitting (emphasized) to His will.

Selfless love (in this context)also means trusting that Cooper is safe with God and existing in a state of perfect joy (he died an innocent, before he was considered responsible for sins, so is perfectly pure). To wish for him to return would be the ultimate act of selfishness, and an admission of a failure of faith, just when she most needed her faith to endure (she has said this).

________

Personally I don't think Leanna owes anyone an explanation about anything, much less about something so profoundly personal as to why she grieved the way she did over the sudden, preventable, horribly painful death of her only baby-- whether or not that grief conformed to the expectations of perfect strangers.

For anyone trying to understand why she said and did what she said and did, though, imo understanding her faith is a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97