Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by cricket49 View Post
How can his wife be so forgiving and so unemotional when consoling him? Its almost like she is consoling a friend who lost a child instead of her own child dying. This is really disturbing.

I have a feeling the reason why she chose not to see Cooper is that she knew if she did, she wouldn't be able to even look at her husband. I also have the feeling that she subordinated herself to him emotionally , all the while having to mother him as well. I don't know she stayed sane through any of this.

It would be hard not knowing her personality normally. But being in shock, she had to be, but she appears to be the adult in the relationship, at least emotionally. JMHO it seemed to me like it was "work LH" there. She works as a dietitian for a dialysis company, if I heard/understood RH correctly and also consults at a Nursing home in AL one a month. JMHO she may see a lot of grief and death in her line of work. There is training I would feel sure and I thinking that is what kicked in, not Momma Leanna. < Momma Leanna was in shock.

..testimony today

[video=youtube;05T3fShhNQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05T3fShhNQI[/video]

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS TRIAL | DAY 11 - PART 1

[video=youtube;hqhmfcQOQbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqhmfcQOQbU[/video]

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS TRIAL | DAY 11 - PART 2

[video=youtube;4GNjo5FGzzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GNjo5FGzzA[/video]

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS TRIAL | DAY 11 - PART 3

If they would stop having such long breaks and long lunch breaks maybe the trial would move faster. I do not like how 'laid back' this whole thing is.

As for JRH, I do think it was premeditated and he might not be the only one involved. That is just my opinion. JRH was already mentioning becoming an advocate against child hot car deaths while Leanna was in the interview room with him!
I mostly read, not post, and thank the posts I agree with.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Well she said she wouldn't bring him back at his funeral...

Yeah, I know. That was what I thought was interesting about that exchange. Subjectively, I thought she might have been surprised by his choice of words.

Certainly, she seems to defer to her husband so even if I'm right, by funeral time, she's parroting Ross' words.

So, LE wrote out search warrants with 1st degree CC and felony murder charges before they even looked at his phone, or within a very few minutes afterwards.

No matter how hinky they thought he looked or sounded, they absolutely didn't have one shred of evidence about intent. Haste doesn't begin to describe how quickly they went to intent. They obtained the initial search warrants under false pretenses as far as I'm concerned.

They probably took into account how short of a time it was from buckling him in and then missing the turn to daycare. Then they saw the car seat and how close it was to the driver. Just those two things alone wouldd make them doubt it was purely accidental, imo.

Still watching the interview and IMO Ross looks so guilty.

It would be hard not knowing her personality normally. But being in shock, she had to be, but she appears to be the adult in the relationship, at least emotionally. JMHO it seemed to me like it was "work LH" there. She works as a dietitian for a dialysis company, if I heard/understood RH correctly and also consults at a Nursing home in AL one a month. JMHO she may see a lot of grief and death in her line of work. There is training I would feel sure and I thinking that is what kicked in, not Momma Leanna. < Momma Leanna was in shock.

Agree, they had a mother/child relationship and we know how he behaved when momma was not around. Her job probably does require her to be stoic and in charge of her emotions at all times but her child had just died and her husband was crying and blaming himself. It seemed more like a pep talk than a wife and husband trying to deal with one of the worst tragedies imaginable.

They probably took into account how short of a time it was from buckling him in and then missing the turn to daycare. Then they saw the car seat and how close it was to the driver. Just those two things alone wouldd make them doubt it was purely accidental, imo.

Yup, and the details he gave when he did drop Cooper off at daycare. He had to sign him in and said hi to the workers and Ross took him to his room. So that day Ross didn't remember doing that??? Wow..

Leanna compared what happened to someone's little boy sneaking out of the house and falling in the pool.

Um, no. imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leanna compared what happened to someone's little boy sneaking out of the house and falling in the pool.

Um, no. imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am left not knowing what to think about Leanna. Ross came across like a blubbering sociopath, but at least he tried to act like he was emotional. Her demeanor was so bizarre. I'm thinking her testimony will be very interesting to watch.

Says Leanna went to Alabama for work, not family. Why take Cooper? Unless the work was near her family....

I do not believe Ross knew the cameras were recording him because if he did neither him nor his wife would have said the strange things they said in the video. I could understand some of these things being brought up weeks after the death of a child but not the day it happened. Like Leanna asking Ross if he wanted to have more children. So many parts of their conversation were bizarre.

I think he did know and was trying to figure out where the two way opaque window was because it was disguised. I believe he absolutely knew it was all being videoed and recorded. All of us knew it would be. He knew, IMO. It is SOP.

So LE keeps you in that room alone for hours so they can video you and then dissect everything you do and say. If I am ever arrested when they come into the room to talk my response will be "Lawyer". :snooty:

I must be going deaf - now I thought I heard Ross ask the officer how long he's been in LE. 18 years.

He did, but respectfully, you have to look at the context you can not take one sentence and make something out of it. JMHO Stoddard just came in, said he has seized RH phone, give him a piece of paper to write phone numbers down from LH. Stoddard had just been toldRH his charges. RH asked what the next steps were, Stoddard explains, and tells him there could be additional charges and the process..

LH asks does it have to be this way... RH like I said it was not intentional or on purpose.. Stoddard "whether intentional or not by his actions, your son is dea"
RH askwhat they need to do for LH to pick up RH veh. (hers was still at Treehouse)
Stoddard tells RH that "he is executing a sw on the veh, then it will be towed to tow yard and will notifiy her as to where can go pick up"

Stoddard had been very professional to RH, doing the good cop, telling him he sorry for loss, do you need anything. Not overpowering. They heard RH tell LH that the cops at the scene were very awful to him.. RH asks Stoddard how long he had been a cop. Stoddard 18 years, RH then tells him that dispite the charges and that he disagrees with them, he appreciates the courtesy. Stoddard told him that it goes both ways, nothing personal. JMHO I think that was not fake from RH and nor do I think that was fake from Stoddard. But in context it means totally different than just a sentence quote. JMHO

Agree, they had a mother/child relationship and we know how he behaved when momma was not around. Her job probably does require her to be stoic and in charge of her emotions at all times but her child had just died and her husband was crying and blaming himself. It seemed more like a pep talk than a wife and husband trying to deal with one of the worst tragedies imaginable.

BBM -- Yep, a mother/child relationship. This could be a result of the home environment she was raised in.

Says Leanna went to Alabama for work, not family. Why take Cooper? Unless the work was near her family....

He went to college in Alabama. I bet both of them grew up there. His brother is a cop in Tuscaloosa. She probably takes hm to visit family there.

So LE keeps you in that room alone for hours so they can video you and then dissect everything you do and say. If I am ever arrested when they come into the room to talk my response will be "Lawyer". :snooty:

Umm even if your not in a room... Lawyer. Can always change mind to talk but cant take back anything.

As I keep saying, I understand why they were suspicious. But it's their duty to abide by the rules when they act on those suspicions. They simply didn't do that. In not doing that they've tainted the process, undermined their own credibility, and left open the possibility of any RH conviction being overturned on appeal.

(Ironically, Staley's ruling denying the DT's motion to suppress cell phone and computer evidence made it clear LE could have obtained their search warrants that night without their misstatements /misrepresentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic