Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross: Why me? Why me?

Yikes. The narcissism is strong with this one.

ETA: Now he's complaining about the cell, the uncomfortable cot, the metal toilet. I think his tears now are probably real, but they're for himself.

I honestly don't see anything in this video that even slightly suggests this was intentional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Through his sobbing he hears her phone vibrate and is real interested in it "someone's texting you", "what do they want". Odd.

While in the cell all I could think about is how hot and uncomfortable it was... Wow.

Not that this proves he did this on purpose, but just how it is all about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paraphrasing:

Stoddard: What did you take with you when you got out of the car at Home Depot.

Harris: I grabbed my bag. I should have put my bag in the back seat to grab that way it would have reminded me to drop off Cooper.

"Everyone's going to hate me..."
Who cares!? Your child just died a horrifying death!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. I mean - as I've watched this, I've tried to imagine how I would feel and act, and it's just hard to gauge. It seems like he's sincerely bereaved and blaming himself to me. What have you noticed?

I'm still thinking it over, and I missed a lot because of a bad feed. On the one hand, by 6 , the beginning of the interview, about one and a half hours had passed by, and he could have/must have used that time to go over in his own mind how this could have happened, which could explain some of the ready answers he had, including that tidbit that he'd parked under a tree.

On the other hand , (affect aside), his ability to answer questions so readily and to supply details that were "exonerating" bothered me. After all, what he was screaming at the scene was-- I did this, I killed my son. An appropriate thing to scream, imo, because he WAS responsible. He SHOULD have felt guilty (speaking about what makes emotional sense).

One and a half hours later seems pretty soon to be offering up info to minimize his degree of responsibility, imo.

Here are some tweets where I left off:

Detectives return to the interview room to continue asking Harris questions. Harris describes how he would drop off Cooper at his daycare.

Harris says Cooper woke up at 5:15 that morning, but when the boy fell back asleep, Harris put him back in his room. Harris said the two were running late, so he decided to go to Chick-fil-A.

Harris says Cooper began attending the Little Apron daycare at Home Depot when he was 6 weeks old.

Harris says it was the first time he had ever forgotten Cooper in the car.

Says money is fine between the couple. They have student loans and small credit card balance. He says the family was planning to take a cruise (with his brother and family).

Harris says Cooper was smart, happy and loved to play. The boy also learned the Disney movie "Cars."

Harris says sometimes, he's gone to Chick-fil-A by himself and then gone straight to work. He says he may have been thinking it was one of those days. Harris says one of his biggest fears was leaving his son in a hot car.

Cooper was small for his age, weighing between 20 to 22 pounds, and he fit fine in a rear-facing car seat, Harris says.

The detective tells Harris he's going to be held in a cell and charged. "It was completely unintentional," Harris says. "I'm a great father, and I have multiple people that would back that up."

Harris says he'd rather not talk any more and is seen leaving the interview room.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...ross-harris-trial-oct/cIq8I3w0axb7DNla1XIMNI/

Leanna just asked Ross if he wanted more kids. Did I hear that right?

After Leanna Harris was interviewed, she is allowed to speak with her husband.

audio and feed is fine here: [video=youtube;4pwppsCpPpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pwppsCpPpw[/video]

Here are some tweets where I left off:

Detectives return to the interview room to continue asking Harris questions. Harris describes how he would drop off Cooper at his daycare.

Harris says Cooper woke up at 5:15 that morning, but when the boy fell back asleep, Harris put him back in his room. Harris said the two were running late, so he decided to go to Chick-fil-A.

Harris says Cooper began attending the Little Apron daycare at Home Depot when he was 6 weeks old.

Harris says it was the first time he had ever forgotten Cooper in the car.

Says money is fine between the couple. They have student loans and small credit card balance. He says the family was planning to take a cruise (with his brother and family).

Harris says Cooper was smart, happy and loved to play. The boy also learned the Disney movie "Cars."

Harris says sometimes, he's gone to Chick-fil-A by himself and then gone straight to work. He says he may have been thinking it was one of those days. Harris says one of his biggest fears was leaving his son in a hot car.

Cooper was small for his age, weighing between 20 to 22 pounds, and he fit fine in a rear-facing car seat, Harris says.

The detective tells Harris he's going to be held in a cell and charged. "It was completely unintentional," Harris says. "I'm a great father, and I have multiple people that would back that up."

Harris says he'd rather not talk any more and is seen leaving the interview room.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...ross-harris-trial-oct/cIq8I3w0axb7DNla1XIMNI/

Sorry, but saying "I'm a great father" at that particular moment is as wildly inappropriate a thing to say imaginable.

"I do not hate you," Leanna says. "I love you."

Harris says his life is over.

"I can't believe I did this!" Harris says. "Why me?"

Ross says, I wouldn't bring him back, you know that, right?
LH asks him to clarify, "you would... or you wouldn't?"

IMHO, she can't believe she heard him correctly.

This video of the two of them is really disturbing me.

I don't know what to think...

At a gut level, I'm deeply disturbed, even angry, watching right now. Look at that body language and dynamic. She is comforting him, and he is not reciprocating. Arms crossed as she touches him, lays her head down on him, he doesn't even look at her.

It is sounding very much like it IS all about him, at least when it comes to the two of them.

I'm just now listening to Ross in the interview room and as he's crying he actually said "my boy, my boy, he's gone, why?" Still listening to it on You Tube, I'm behind.

Sorry but I'm so not buying into his tears in the interview room. He knows there is a camera there and I feel he's acting..

So, I think Ross was neglectful. I don't think that's a secret. I've tried not to form opinions on the other charges, until all evidence is presented. I'm still trying. With that said...
I was really not looking forward to this video, especially the interviewing of Ross. I was sure it would make LE look really bad and possibly implode any chance of conviction on even neglect charges. Color me shocked, because I'm not feeling that at all. I don't actually think they look bad. He looks really, really bad though.

I must be going deaf - now I thought I heard Ross ask the officer how long he's been in LE. 18 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98