Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to talk about his reddit history now that his user name has been submitted in court? He posted about how he lost his hearing in his right ear and some people here were asking about it. (Most of his history is pretty mundane)

He posted on reddit about a person leaving a laptop in a car!!! That was stolen.
"Laptop Stolen Near Philips Arena"
-RoscoeUA -
-5 points 3 months ago-
I will never understand why people take things like this to an event like that and leave it in their car.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/comments/21f0mz/laptop_stolen_near_philips_arena/.compact
My favorite JRH Reddit post is above. :rolleyes::shame:

I am watching the testimony from this morning. It appears as though they used a filter and a wide-angle lens on the Go Pro as all of the videos are distorted. I don't think that these videos accurately depict how everything looks IRL.go

I'm sorry, am I supposed to believe that JRH killed his child so he wouldn't have to pay for his cruise/passport cost?

What? That's not even been a remote suggestion.

State pointing out RH told his SIL he'd got the ball rolling for a family holiday 4 months down the line. When he hadn't. State are implying he deliberately didn't respond to the email until he knew Cooper would be out of the picture. Just as they did with his search for children's passports. He googled it, but took no further action in actually applying for one.

I know that the State doesn't have to give the jury a motive for malice murder but I would like to see a clear motive for it to make sense to me.

They often suggest to put your phone in the back next to the baby--a sad commentary on how much easier it is to remember a phone--and just think had he done that how much that might have changed things.

Kilgore is Pi$$ed. Fox5 left the video on for a while. State was leaving, the female DA, the other Da(I assuming he with them as in work, he was with them), and Evans waited a bit everyone watching Kilgore lol Boring was trying to get his laptop unplugged and Kilgore was saying something. Kilgore went back to the Def table talking to someone he mad.

The State gave Kilgore some report this morning and Def has never seen or even heard about it til this morning. The Judge was really flippant about it. "Thurs oh you have all the time in the world" Not sure if it is re Stoddard speaking to the FBI BAU that was spoken about just prior to court starting. Kilgore if I heard correct put Stoddard on subpoena? He is going to chew Stoddard up on Cross.

And I almost choked on my coffee, when Stoddard said the CF orig receipts "just disappeared" so April 2016 Stoddard went to the CF owner and got 2nd copies. .. Stoddard never knows anything (from Hearings) doesn't have his notes. He has answered incorrectly on some things, and here he has been lead by the State on answers. And the Judge ALLOWS it! :scared:

One thing I do not foresee happening is Kilgore chewing up Stoddard. He may try but Stoddard is not easily shaken. He will hold his own.

Perceptions. I heard a man who had been detained for being emotional, who sobbed his heart out before the interview, who felt responsible, and cooperated with LE to try to explain what happened, who thought they were on the same side, and more than anything, just wanting that part to be over so he could finally , at last, talk with his wife.

I think it's sweet how you can see human emotions in Harris. I am unable to see anything but an emotionally manipulative sociopath who cares about nothing but himself.

Harris's main email address was a gmail account, Stoddard says. Bama30067 was another email that Harris used less frequently.

Boring asks whether police discovered a search on the topic of prison. Stoddard says there was a Google search on an undetermined date of "what is prison really like?"

Boring introduces two additional evidence exhibits, and he and defense attorney Maddox Kilgore have a lengthy conversation about what they are and presumably whether they are admissible.

The first exhibit turns out to be a copy of a Google results page in response to the query "what is prison really like?" One of the results is "how to survive in federal prison," Stoddard testifies.

Kilgore establishes that Stoddard performed the Google search in the past week and that the results page he generated may bear no resemblance to the page that a search more than two years ago would have generated. He then points out that the article in question has no date, but Judge Mary Staley Clark overrules him.

It doesn't matter what the results were. What matters is the search term. I can see why he was overruled.

I'm glad Detective Stoddard saw through the fake emotions and lies told by Ross on June 18th, 2014.

Justice for Cooper ~|~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, and just for some lighthearted-ness in all of this, I saw your screen name and thought one of RH's ladies had joined in the conversation for a hot minute!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes. The State's position is this was intentional. The jury will naturally want to know a motive. Here is a guy who (excuse me) 'just wants to drink and bang a lot of girls'. Problem is, the guy is married and has a kid (a joker who drains his bank account). He'd like to divorce his wife but if he does so he's looking at 16 years of child support, which further drains the finances and complicates his goal of a carefree, uncomplicated life. He's miserable, cheating and texting random young girls to "hide his pain". He wants out. He doesn't want to give his ex wife 30% of his Home Depot salary in child support. He just wants to be "single".
So perhaps his way out is Cooper dies. He plays grieving dad for a few months then divoces blaming the breakup on Cooper's death. He's free.
So he takes his little boy out for a last breakfast one June day, drives directly to work, says "bye buddy", closes the door and walks away. JMO
Good to see you in here TexMex, and I completely agree!

Too many breaks-in-routine and too many odd "coincidences" to allow me to believe this is some tragic accident. Tomorrow morning, I'll walk into work and on my desk will be the Post-It note I left myself on Friday, reminding me of what I need to do ASAP when I get in. Apparently, that was too much to expect a father with his overwhelming fear of leaving his kid in the car, one who had apparently forgotten his own child on a previous occasion and had researched such deaths on the Internet, to do. Cooper, you deserved better.

he had? I missed that! I would think if you had one near miss you would be all the more careful to make sure it didn't happen again.

I am having trouble finding a way to get my video on here. It appears that I need to upliaf the video somwhere else and think it on here. As an FYI, my video is from the Treehouse to CFA, which is Ross's reverse route. Unfortunately, it's also very shaky. I am not known for steady hands!

Yes, HD Corporate is visually astounding. Unless JRH was looking down at his phone, I don't know how he missed Cooper's daycare.

Aw I realised that when I saw another reply to you. Shaky or not, it would be interesting to see if you did manage to get it on. Hang fire for a day to save yourself any hassle, they may have video'd it. Though more likely to have filmed the route from Tree House to the cinema.

That's a strange one, I can't figure out how he'd come to be at Akers Mill when the cinema appears much closer to the Treehouse. The more I look (gmaps), the more I don't get it. Seems a long way round for a short cut to get to the cinema early. (I done the CFA to the turn off too on gmaps, they're amazing when you know nothing about a place). Could the route he took have anything to do with traffic?

If he was looking down at his 'phone, he could have missed the light change. Though yeah, I know people do it.

I think it's sweet how you can see human emotions in Harris. I am unable to see anything but an emotionally manipulative sociopath who cares about nothing but himself.

It reminds me of Scott Peterson. He too, leading a double life. Pregnant wife, mistress, has dreams of being free to pursue other women. Scott knew once the baby was born his life would change. He'd be expected to stay in the job he didn't really like, the boring town he lived in and be a responsible person and role model to a son. His way out? That kid could not be born. He made some cement anchors, murdered his eight month pregnant wife, put her in a recently purchased fishing boat and dumped her in the Bay. He came back, reported her missing and while playing the grieving worried husband, called his mistress from a vigil being held by those who were searching for his wife and unborn son.
Ross was living a double life, feeling trapped and found a cowards way out IMO

One of the biggest question marks for me: The abnormal behaviors.

*Two weeks prior, he stops taking daily pics of Cooper
*Takes Cooper into CFA (I believe for a "last supper") which he usually didn't do
*Using a different parking space than usual at work
*Scheduled going to the movies with friends on a worknight, for the first time ever
*Shared evening plans with security, for the first time ever

I know there were several more, but even if you could explain some of these away with a quasi-legitimate excuses, all of these things together just smells funny.

The problem is, these aren't the only issues for RH that stink.

One of the biggest question marks for me: The abnormal behaviors.

*Two weeks prior, he stops taking daily pics of Cooper
*Takes Cooper into CFA (I believe for a "last supper") which he usually didn't do
*Using a different parking space than usual at work
*Scheduled going to the movies with friends on a worknight, for the first time ever
*Shared evening plans with security, for the first time ever

I know there were several more, but even if you could explain some of these away with a quasi-legitimate excuses, all of these things together just smells funny.

The problem is, these aren't the only issues for RH that stink.

Yes! I agree - it's the million little things that add up to one big thing.
It's the coincidence here, there, here, there that add up,too.
It's like putting together a 5,000 piece puzzle, trying to see the big picture.
I don't believe any one of them would have had him arrested nor would they have him convicted.
They still may not have him convincted, but I don't see how the DT will explain away all of these things.
(jmho)

Aw I realised that when I saw another reply to you. Shaky or not, it would be interesting to see if you did manage to get it on. Hang fire for a day to save yourself any hassle, they may have video'd it. Though more likely to have filmed the route from Tree House to the cinema.

That's a strange one, I can't figure out how he'd come to be at Akers Mill when the cinema appears much closer to the Treehouse. The more I look (gmaps), the more I don't get it. Seems a long way round for a short cut to get to the cinema early. (I done the CFA to the turn off too on gmaps, they're amazing when you know nothing about a place). Could the route he took have anything to do with traffic?

If he was looking down at his 'phone, he could have missed the light change. Though yeah, I know people do it.

BBM

The only thing I can think of is that Ross wanted to turn right into the movie theater (as opposed to turning left over multiple lanes). If Ross had continued straight (past Akers Mill), he could have 1) turned left at the light at Cobb Parkway/41 and then an immediate right, or 2) turned left onto Riverwood, right on Cobb Parkway/41, and then a left into the movie theater. IMO both of those make more sense.

In terms of his route and traffic, the Akers Mill and Cobb Parkway/41 intersection is by far the most congested of them all. Staying on Cumberland Blvd. would have allowed Ross to bypass any congestion.

For reference, Cobb Parkway/41 is the main surface street in that area. It will be the most congested road in the area.

attachment.php

Does this map help at all? Ross needs to decide his route when he reaches the red circle. His two options to enter the movie theater are at the yellow circle and the blue circle. I am assuming he was planning on entering at the yellow circle rather than the blue one. In case it isn't obvious, photo editing is not my forte.

Attachments

• PotentialMap.png
    PotentialMap.png
    861.6 KB · Views: 208
I agree, and just for some lighthearted-ness in all of this, I saw your screen name and thought one of RH's ladies had joined in the conversation for a hot minute!

[emoji13]
I know right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reminds me of Scott Peterson. He too, leading a double life. Pregnant wife, mistress, has dreams of being free to pursue other women. Scott knew once the baby was born his life would change. He'd be expected to stay in the job he didn't really like, the boring town he lived in and be a responsible person and role model to a son. His way out? That kid could not be born. He made some cement anchors, murdered his eight month pregnant wife, put her in a recently purchased fishing boat and dumped her in the Bay. He came back, reported her missing and while playing the grieving worried husband, called his mistress from a vigil being held by those who were searching for his wife and unborn son.
Ross was living a double life, feeling trapped and found a cowards way out IMO

I mentioned Scott Peterson, too! I think many people have a hard time wrapping their head around the idea that a parent could do such a thing. Sad but true. Nytol! :eek:fftobed:

I just have to say I love this website. I love hearing all your smart and interesting perspectives. What I try to do is watch the testimony first, mull it over and then come here to see what you guys have come up with. Having said that, I was totally amazed that an overwhelming majority of you think the interview video makes you feel he's guilty.

A few thoughts: is it true that Cooper had life insurance? I've never heard of that ever before, why would a child have it? Why is this not admitted evidence? Should be illegal, IMO.

I actually find his behavior, and Leanna's, in the interview room pretty legit. To me his grief seems sincere, swinging from shock and staring to vocal sobs. I can see how one might not feel comfortable dealing with this outside of his home, especially not In a police station in which you might be arrested, so his behavior doesn't seem cold. The way he can't sit still, he paces, etc, nothing feels comfortable. While watching, I really tried to put myself in his position and I actually felt for him. Some of you mentioned the fact that he's screaming My Boy etc, I don't think that's weird. Even if he knew he was being watched, I'm sure he did, He doesn't want to appear cold, I could see feeling like you're going to be scrutinized.

When the two were together, I felt they were both sincere. Leanna clearly is the one that makes things ok, probably because Ross is a mental child. I think he must have been in such total shock that comforting him might have felt like a diversion from the tragedy. The way they handle business of Ross's job, calling people, dealing with the car does not seem staged but really off the cuff. Maybe dealing with these things felt like a diversion as well. The fact that he was concerned with being arrested, IMO, doesn't seem crazy to me. Her reaction as well. Who would want to grieve the loss alone in jail? The receipt looks to me to just be a regular action to make, he hasn't been under investigation for very long so tossing it wouldn't feel criminal. The fact that he talked about being in law enforcement, being a father, asking if the cop is a father also shows me that he is trying to relate to them. Probably for a couple reasons, ya he doesn't want to be arrested. Also maybe he is looking for some sort of validation that this could happen to anyone. I can see how one would seek that.

Aside from the interview, I think there is some evidence that can't be explained away. The lunchtime visit to the car, the fact that he didn't discover Cooper for a period of time when his head is close to JRH, the smell must have been strong, the amount of time between CFA and walking away from the car. These are bad for him. I thought it was weird that his in court reaction to the interview was almost stronger / worse than the ME report.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this. Love being apart of this community.

It is cheaper to get insurance for a infant, and Gerber the baby food actually markets it to new parents. It can then be converted over when the child turns 18.

I've encountered his mother Evelyn Harris on many a Facebook groups. His brother Michael Baygents has been pretty outspoken too. Incidentally, Leanna is back in full force on fb in the past few months, and she is fb friends with both, so methinks she'll be a rather good defense witness despite the crap RH has done to her.

By 'crap' do you mean the sexting with multiple young girls, the complaining he did about being married to her to strangers, the offer to pay someone for sex, and causing the death of her son? Wonder why she divorced a great guy like that. Defending him might make jurors think she has a few loose screws. Well---other than the divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy