Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilgore is now presenting video footage of the lobby at Little Apron Academy, Cooper’s daycare.

On June 17, 2014, Cooper was awake when Harris enters the building. On June 2, when Harris brings him in, it appears he is asleep. Again, Cooper is sleeping on June 4, arms and legs dangling. On June 10, Cooper is awake and walks in with Harris. The next day, he’s asleep. And on another day he is asleep yet again.

Cooper was asleep four of the six days. “Apparently asleep,” Stoddard said.

It was certainly not uncommon for Cooper to be asleep in the morning, Kilgore said.

Were those on the days Ross took Cooper to CFA? If he was driving from home straight to day care (20 min or so drive) than I can see Cooper, but not from CFA to making a turn out of CFA parking lot..

OOOPS, Went back a page and saw this was already asked… Having trouble posting on quick reply, so forgive typos please, have to type in word then paste here.. UGH!

Staley's rulings on objections by the State are .....a wonder to behold.

Harris also searched for four phrases that day asking about kids policies on cruises and if kids cruise free. On June 18, Harris searched for terms about a grand suite on a cruise ship.

The day before Cooper died Harris emailed the travel agent asking for information on family cruises

“Heather, my family is looking to go on a cruise around mid-October … that includes Leanna, Cooper and I … Cooper is the only toddler,” Harris wrote.

“Planning a cruise in the future with your son is inconsistent with a plan to murder him the next day?” Kilgore said.

Stoddard responded that Harris hadn’t contacted the travel agent up to that point. It was the travel agent who reached out to him that day, after there was a lull in his researching cruises, the detective said.

The objective evidence is that he sent an email to his travel agent planning a vacation with his boy.

getting back to the testimony:

Harris lives several miles away from Little Apron, Kilgore said, significantly farther than Chick-fil-A to the daycare.

Cooper would usually either eat at home or at the daycare.

Kilgore is now discussing the fact that Harris was considering going on a family cruise with his wife, Cooper and other family members.

On June 9, 2014, there is a group text discussing the cruise. Harris initiated the messaging saying: “Let’s talk about a cruise. I want this to happen bad.”

Harris’ brother responds, okay. And Harris says he has a friend who is a travel agent who could see what kind of deals they could get.

BBM

I can't understand why Kilgore would want to make points of that. Seems like something the prosecution can pounce on.

Did you ever interview her? Kilgore asked. No, Stoddard said. Neither did any other detectives.

Did you look her up or research her in any way? Kilgore said. No, the detective said.

You tracked down women who Harris sexted with but you didn’t try and contact the travel agent who he was communicating the day before and the day of Cooper’s death?

“Did you just not talk to the travel agent because it “didn’t fit your theory,” Kilgore asked.

“No,” Stoddard responded.

according to the manager at Chik-Fil-A, he always saw Ross but on June 18th was the first time he met Cooper.

The same manager who said he had seen RH all of 12 times total, usually at lunch, RH being a man who seems to have gone to CFA more than that many times in a single month.

By any objective measure, Kilgore is demolishing Stoddard's credibility, even his basic competency, piece by piece.

Kilgore is now presenting video footage of the lobby at Little Apron Academy, Cooper’s daycare.

On June 17, 2014, Cooper was awake when Harris enters the building. On June 2, when Harris brings him in, it appears he is asleep. Again, Cooper is sleeping on June 4, arms and legs dangling. On June 10, Cooper is awake and walks in with Harris. The next day, he’s asleep. And on another day he is asleep yet again.

Cooper was asleep four of the six days. “Apparently asleep,” Stoddard said.

It was certainly not uncommon for Cooper to be asleep in the morning, Kilgore said.
trip

Do we know if any of these days included a trip to CFA for breakfast?

So, RH contacted the travel agent first, on the 17th, a fact Stoddard has known for 2 years, but umm.... "misremembered "that fact in court, yesterday.

PhilHollowayEsq: This is where they defense goes through a lot of prior inconsistent statements - although the DA has already explained much of it

Kilgore is now discussing Harris searching on the web for child passport costs. Harris was doing these searches shortly after midnight on June 18.

“Is Harris intention’ to go with a cruise with his son is consistent with loving his son and wanted to spend time with him,” Kilgore said.

“I don’t know what his intent was,” Stoddard responded.

They are now discussing the public service announcement shown to the jury yesterday. It is of a veterinarian who sat in a hot car to show people how quickly a car could heat up even if the windows are cracked.

Harris told the detective about the PSA when he was initially interviewed.

There was no web search that got him to that video, Kilgore said.

He never typed search terms for death or a hot car, Kilgore said, which Stoddard had originally testified too. New information came to light, Stoddard said.

Harris did not such searchers, Stoddard agreed.

The video appeared on Harris’ Reddit home page and he clicked on a link, Kilgore said.

“The video appears to have come from Reddit,” Stoddard said.

In July 2014, Stoddard testified that Harris viewed the video twice. Yes, the detective said.

“That was sworn testimony under oath and yesterday you testified a little bit differently,” Kilgore said.

Yesterday, Stoddard said he did not know if Harris had watched the whole video one or times. Stoddard said he had not read the full report from an expert who looked at Harris’ searches.

“If you read it on the screen, it says it was accessed twice. We didn’t know what that meant,” Stoddard said.

He could not have viewed that five or six minute video twice, Kilgore said, because the two searches were 1 second apart.

Ross has a stack of thingsagainst him including him saying he has noconscious (his words not mine) and seeing everything the State has presented,what makes one think he would have no conscious of killing his child? He is capable, IMO! So I understand the State going after hischaracter!

Probable cause hearing....umm. whatever's by Stoddard. Bring out the popcorn.

I think Stoddard is making some headway with his pushing back a bit on this 'hot car/vet' video----where Ross said it would have been terrible if his son had been in a hot car. Kilgore is trying to discount that comment and dismiss it, but it's not working well, imo.

Regarding the cruise and whether or not that shows he intended to kill his child.

I think Ross is impulsive. Planning ahead is not his strength - he could be talking "what if's" about the cruise or anything else that sound like plans or he might make irresponsible plans like deciding to go to the afternoon movies when he's behind schedule at work. He might have decided in the car that morning to shut the door and walk away. Or maybe he has thought about in the past and the right opportunity happened that day without much advance thought.

FWIW, I don't think he did intend to kill Cooper. I do think he "forgot" out of negligence.

But, "planning" doesn't have to mean meticulous planning and a timetable...it could be spur of the moment, which I think fits Ross' personality better than a thought-out plan.

just thinking aloud

BBM

I can't understand why Kilgore would want to make points of that. Seems like something the prosecution can pounce on.

It makes sense if the defense strategy will be that his routine was so out of character that it explains why he accidently forgot him. (Will not convince me, but might create doubt for the jury.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway