Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cathy
@courtchatter
#RossHarris - Stoddard admits Harris never said he researched child hot car deaths & what temp it needs to be as it was previously sworn to

The PSA does not in any way talk about a child in a hot car, Kilgore said.

Harris made that leap. Harris said: “That would be terrible if my son was in the car,” Stoddard said.

“You can’t do that and I watch … I watched that and I’m like that would be terrible if my son was in the car. I hate that,” Stoddard said.

Kilgore pointed out, however, that Harris never said and there was no evidence of him Googling hot car death or anything similar. That’s contradictory to what Stoddard initially testified happened.

Regarding the cruise and whether or not that shows he intended to kill his child.

I think Ross is impulsive. Planning ahead is not his strength - he could be talking "what if's" about the cruise or anything else that sound like plans or he might make irresponsible plans like deciding to go to the afternoon movies when he's behind schedule at work. He might have decided in the car that morning to shut the door and walk away. Or maybe he has thought about in the past and the right opportunity happened that day without much advance thought.

FWIW, I don't think he did that intend to kill Cooper. I do think he "forgot" out of negligence.

But, "planning" doesn't have to mean meticulous planning and a timetable...it could be spur of the moment, which I think fits Ross' personality better than a thought-out plan.

just thinking aloud

I agree. Premeditation can be that morning. It can be 30 seconds of "I'm going to do this now." I completely agree about his impulsion and do things as he feels like it. I don't know if he intended or planned, but the fact that Ross did things in the moment as he wanted cannot be ignored. IMO

PhilHollowayEsq: This is where they defense goes through a lot of prior inconsistent statements - although the DA has already explained much of it

The DA has already explained much of it?? Now, that's rich. Crossing Holloway off my very short credible media list.

only the drive-through. On June 18th was the first time Harris took Cooper inside Chik-Fil-A

I'll take the word of the manager who's used to seeing Harris there often, over the word of any young girl Harris chatted up. Doesn't make her a liar, she can only relate what RH told her.

Kilgore is asking about another detective on the case, Sean Murphy.

Do you even know how many search warrants Murphy was responsible for obtaining, Kilgore asked. Over 20, Stoddard said.

Stoddard said he would need to look at his notes to answer particular questions.

You’re the lead detective in the case, “You either know it or you don’t,” Kilgore said.

“That doesn’t me(an) I have to memorize everything,” Stoddard said.

Kilgore is going over the various duties Murphy had in the case, such as getting warrants, obtaining medical records and conducting interviews.

ooh Stoddard has an attitude!

No one is allowed to challenge his authority. Kilgore is doing a great job of allowing Stoddard to be Stoddard for the jury to see in real time how that "confirmation bias" thing works.

Is he saying HE did these interview with JM or Murphy? (from his reports) had to refresh. Because he has testified didnt interview her. TIA

I don't think Kilgore is making mincemeat out of the detective at all. JMO, but I think Stoddard explained it well---lead detectives are not required to remember all of the mountanous details---they farm out much of the investigations and coordinate the entire case. We see him going through his stacks of binders--filled with data. How would he be expected to memorize this? Its not his only case.

Unlike the defense team, he is not paid to have only one case to focus on. He has had dozens since this incident took place.

NO< mom was not negligent in the criminal sense. But if she had been sitting in a lounge chair sexting minors, while her 5 yr old fell in, then I would vote for Criminal Negligence in that case.

I was responding to a blanket statement made about a parent's responsibility to keep their children safe and not doing so would be negligent. Yes, if the mother was distracted and not watching of course that is negligent. A grandmother was recently charged with that very scenario. What we have here is a man claiming he wasn't aware the child was still in the car so if that is to be believed,what does it matter how many texts he sent. His work at that point is the only thing being neglected in his mind. Not his child.

Just not sold on intent just yet.

No one is allowed to challenge his authority. Kilgore is doing a great job of allowing Stoddard to be Stoddard for the jury to see in real time how that "confirmation bias" thing works.

I would love to know what the jury thinks of Stoddard....

I don't think Kilgore is making mincemeat out of the detective at all. JMO, but I think Stoddard explained it well---lead detectives are not required to remember all of the mountanous details---they farm out much of the investigations and coordinate the entire case. We see him going through his stacks of binders--filled with data. How would he be expected to memorize this? Its not his only case.

Unlike the defense team, he is not paid to have only one case to focus on. He has had dozens since this incident took place.

Katy, with all due respect, he's being caught on multiple lies, or absolute best case, gross negligence on his part as lead detective. Really.

If nothing else registers with this jury about this, I think they will be very much aware that what they heard about those searches was untrue, and that Stoddard lied about them, under oath.

I agree with you. I just feel like he is a bit arrogant and is showing too much attitude. :moo:

I was responding to a blanket statement made about a parent's responsibility to keep their children safe and not doing so would be negligent. Yes, if the mother was distracted and not watching of course that is negligent. A grandmother was recently charged with that very scenario. What we have here is a man claiming he wasn't aware the child was still in the car so if that is to be believed,what does it matter how many texts he sent. His work at that point is the only thing being neglected in his mind. Not his child.

Just not sold on intent just yet.

I think the texting matters because he was texting DURING THE TIME he allegedly forgot about the child. Instead of caring for his child, he was texting/sexting and that seems to be negligence, imo.

Court takes afternoon break.

Katy, with all due respect, he's being caught on multiple lies, or absolute best case, gross negligence on his part as lead detective. Really.

If nothing else registers with this jury about this, I think they will be very much aware that what they heard about those searches was untrue, and that Stoddard lied about them, under oath.

I think that at the beginning, they were mistaken about some of the evidence. They had to 'eat it' and correct some of their early claims and accusations. I agree that he was a bit gung-ho and some of it was incorrect.

But I think he strongly believed that Ross killed his son and is trying to get justice for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarcWahlberg