Trial - Ross Harris #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, you don't want them thinking all weekend on last thing the State said. Wonder who the State will bring in on Rebuttal? JMHO I sure the State wanted to start the day off with the SUV and end it the jury watching the 3D.

Be back later.

It's been a long week for the Jury. They need a break to clear their mind. They will be more attentive after a weekend break. IMO

IMO - Another jerk that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. Such an ego on him with the sexting, etc.
Just curious, is this an Enron reference? I just so happened to watch a documentary today about that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have never understood the theory of the importance of the "last thing the jury sees" before going home for the night or the weekend. I think they will think about whatever stood out *to them* as important or perplexing or whatever. In other words, they will mull over many things they have seen/heard - not just the very last thing.

I just cannot accept that he forgot the baby in that short 30 seconds from leaving the CFA lot and reaching the turn off to the daycare. I cannot believe he manufactured a memory of dropping him off at daycare in that short 30 second span. JMO

I often leave my house to go to work, and by the time I get to my garden gate I suddenly think "Did I lock the door?" I remember locking it - or at least I think I do. Or am I remembering locking it yesterday morning? Routine memories all tend to run together. So I have to go back and check. Sometimes more than once!

Other times I will be walking to work and will suddenly realise that I've walked past where I needed to be, or gone the wrong way. My brain goes into autopilot when I'm thinking about something else, and takes me along a different familiar route. I've even done this when taking a small pet to the vet in a box - whilst carrying the box in my arms, I've walked straight past the vet and had to double back when I realised. Whilst carrying the pet in my arms and worrying about them and thinking about the upcoming vet visit, I walked straight past the vet... I didn't forget about the pet, my brain just went into autopilot because I was too busy worrying to focus on how to get to my intended location.

I do tend to be an absent-minded sort of person when my mind is on other things, but there's nothing actually wrong with my memory and I don't think my experiences are rare. They might not happen to every person every day, but they're certainly not rare.

Is it possible Ross went into autopilot within 30 seconds, forgot to take his son to daycare and then assumed he had already taken him? Yes, from my own experiences I think it's definitely possible.

Looks like the same car seat to me.................comments on how his little head fits inside the confines of the carseat, per recommendations.......anyone..........?
His head is clearly above the back of the carseat.
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/121080400-story

I think, but am not 100 % sure, that there is a shadow in that picture that makes it look like that is the top of the seat, but there is actually another couple of inches above. I have seen that elsewhere and the shadow was more clear the other time I saw it. At first glance it does look like it's the top of the seat....
THAT BEING SAID, he was still in the WRONG size seat for his height.
Also, not sure we know how long ago this photo was taken (?) He good be 3 or 4 months younger than when he died... jmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I learned quite a few things today:

1. Kilgore and Rodriguez does not want the jury seeing evidence. One would think if this case was just about forgotten baby syndrome that their own hired expert would be enough to win for them. Why the need to suppress evidence or constantly debate about simply looking inside the vehicle Cooper died? Kilgore filed for a mistrial after the car viewing even though the conditions under which to view the car was his idea to begin with. He's the one who wanted the car viewed outdoors and not in a garage, but he still proceeded to argue against the entire thing because of the time of year and the weather. What the heck?

2. JRH not only lived a double life, his set up his electronic devices to keep his different lives separate. He had a hidden folder on his smartphone and appeared to use two separate browsers on his computer for the same purpose of keeping his live(s) separate. The browser he used to google certain things and access pages about divorce and jury selections was cleared. The other was not. I think anyone with two brain cells to rub together can deduce for themselves that JRH was covering his tracks from someone - if not his wife then the authorities. IMO JRH was leaving just enough information so as to not look suspicious.

3. In the middle of court today, JRH's own defense lawyer Rodriguez said JRH googled high schools because allegedly JRH is a referee. We don't know that for sure, but let's say it's true. It still looks bad because according to court evidence JRH is out having sex almost exclusively with barely legal teenagers and has been caught sexting with kids as young as 15. Not only he is targeting barely legal teenagers for sexual favors, JRH is now looking for high schools to be referee. It's not like JRH doesn't have enough to keep him busy. He's trying to start a company, right? He has church activities to attend to. He's got buddies to hang out with. He has a troubled marriage that needs to be worked on and a growing son to worry about. He can conceivably take up stamp collecting or some other "at home" hobby. If JRH is so worried about temptation then he should be staying far far away from every high school ever built. To me, that takes JRH out of the realm of "harmless pervert" (is there such a thing?) and squarely into the category of potential predator.

Nothing the defense has said has proven true yet. The defense, from the beginning, has said that JRH was a married father who wanted to have his cake and eat it too. We are finding that wasn't the case at all. JRH was an unhappily married man who saw his son as an impediment to the life he really wanted per his own text messages and advice to his extracurricular "friends." All evidence points to JRH being torn between the life he committed to and the life he really wanted live.

From the beginning the defense has said that JRH has no consciousness of guilt because he didn't delete anything from his devices. Welp, now we're learning JRH sure did delete a lot of stuff, particularly the stuff about divorce, jury selection, and getaway vacations with two adults and no child. The defense has a lot of explaning to do since they are the ones who are saying that JRH couldn't have possibly killed his own kid on purpose since he was planning on taking Cooper on the cruise.

Others have said it, and I'll say it too - this trial has been a complete waste of taxpayer dollars and JRH should have thrown himself at the mercy of the court instead of dragging out a jury trial. The fact that he has this much evidence against him and he still chooses to try his case before a jury shows he is once again trying to escape responsibility. Most normal people, when faced with a mountain of incriminating evidence would be like "okay, it's pointless to fight it, plea for leniency." This guy doesn't. JRH is so convinced of his own self-importance that he's willing to drag total strangers out of living their everyday lives to sit and listen to this pointless nonsense. I may have decided to waste my time listening to all this but nobody else in that courtroom did except for JRH and his defense attorneys whom have the gall to pretend he is innocent. I am not only sad for Cooper, I am absolutely sickened that this is happening at all.

I often leave my house to go to work, and by the time I get to my garden gate I suddenly think "Did I lock the door?" I remember locking it - or at least I think I do. Or am I remembering locking it yesterday morning? Routine memories all tend to run together. So I have to go back and check. Sometimes more than once!

Other times I will be walking to work and will suddenly realise that I've walked past where I needed to be, or gone the wrong way. My brain goes into autopilot when I'm thinking about something else, and takes me along a different familiar route. I've even done this when taking a small pet to the vet in a box - whilst carrying the box in my arms, I've walked straight past the vet and had to double back when I realised. Whilst carrying the pet in my arms and worrying about them and thinking about the upcoming vet visit, I walked straight past the vet... I didn't forget about the pet, my brain just went into autopilot because I was too busy worrying to focus on how to get to my intended location.

I do tend to be an absent-minded sort of person when my mind is on other things, but there's nothing actually wrong with my memory and I don't think my experiences are rare. They might not happen to every person every day, but they're certainly not rare.

Is it possible Ross went into autopilot within 30 seconds, forgot to take his son to daycare and then assumed he had already taken him? Yes, from my own experiences I think it's definitely possible.

Auto pilot yes...but not from worry about any sexts and sextpics he is making or receiving. That is where the flaw is his defense...IMO

But a door lock is not a child that you just held in your arms. It's not a moving, breathing, talking, wiggling little body that you just spent breakfast with. A door lock is a habitual action that you really don't have to think about/process to do. It's just not the same thing at all. And if forgetting to lock a door was your "greatest fear" wouldn't you take some precaution to prevent it...especially if your precious child's life depended on it? I'm sure you would. Do I think he forgot in 30 seconds? Nope, not from the minute this story broke and not now two years later.

so he would have gone over 15 minutes and she immediately said no way. Ok.

a bit surprised that the 3d video has not been scene by the court and will be played for the jury?

so he would have gone over 15 minutes and she immediately said no way. Ok.
From my experience, 15 minutes is NEVER 15 minutes and I'm sure the judge guages the postures/disposition of jurors to determine how "alert" they are on a continual basis.

At least that's what I would do if I were King for a day.

Looks like the same car seat to me.................comments on how his little head fits inside the confines of the carseat, per recommendations.......anyone..........?
His head is clearly above the back of the carseat.
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-team/121080400-story

IMO - The part that saddens me is the position of his little head... In this picture Cooper appears to be engaging with whomever is in the drivers seat while sitting in his rear facing seat.

But a door lock is not a child that you just held in your arms. It's not a moving, breathing, talking, wiggling little body that you just spent breakfast with. A door lock is a habitual action that you really don't have to think about/process to do. It's just not the same thing at all. And if forgetting to lock a door was your "greatest fear" wouldn't you take some precaution to prevent it...especially if your precious child's life depended on it? I'm sure you would. Do I think he forgot in 30 seconds? Nope, not from the minute this story broke and not now two years later.

I agree, Cooper is not a door lock, a podium, a cell phone, or a briefcase. He was a little human being that depended on his father to get him into a dare care where he was safe.

I am also having trouble with the idea of auto-pilot since living two lives require you be cognizant of what is going on in each of them to keep them separate and keep your story straight. I imagine JRH would have to exercise a higher degree of alertness than if he were just a regular family man doing his usual thing.

On a side note, one of the most disturbing parts of the interview tapes (aside from when LH was in the room with him) was when JRH told detectives he looked in on Cooper playing with his toys and decided to let him "play a little longer." Not only did JRH know he was already running late for work, the tone of his voice when saying that sounded like he knew what he was going to do to Cooper. It's awful to think about.

Looking at the red padding pulled down from the top, the grey fabric of the carseat is exposed. Perhaps a shadow.......thanks for pointing that out. No question he still needed to face the rear.
And agreed..........he was indeed in the wrong sized carseat. Given the carseat's safety recommendation of a maximum of 30 " tall, he had been in this too small, unsafe carseat for a while. If his height 0f 33" is correct, they had been using this seat - periodically - for a while. Compromising Cooper's safety. Just makes no sense.....................couldn't add more drain on that pay check.
As tall as he was, the appropriate carseat just might have given him more room extend his little legs. Heartbreaking......

I'm sorry, I could see needing to explain a few actions, searches, behaviors that SEEM strange...

But either this guy is the unluckiest, misunderstood sop in the world - or he's just guilty as sin. All of it together is just too much to explain away. I am calling it a DUCK.

Guy used his son like a chic magnet, great eye candy for the girls. A seemingly attentive and engaging father is like a moth to a flame for a ton of women. We gush when we see stuff like that, and RH didn't have any other game it seems. That was his only currency for women. He talked a big game about loving his child, but his actions and attention speaks otherwise.

He seems to (despite his best efforts) still be married to someone he doesn't want to be married to, if it wasn't for that little joker. Get rid of the Joker in an accident, maybe he thinks the wife will go away because she just can't face him, 2 problems solved with one action. He gets a slap on the wrist, turns into the loving but accidental father spokesperson, sprinkles his wisdom on the masses and garners sympathy sex from multitudes of strangers.

I totally buy every bit of that.

Auto pilot yes...but not from worry about any sexts and sextpics he is making or receiving. That is where the flaw is his defense...IMO

Another flaw (IMO) which may or may not be brought up is that during his video interview Ross actually said there was no set routine as to who dropped Cooper off at daycare each day and who picked him up. I don't know what the expert will do with that or if he'll leave it out of his testimony but that info does make me wonder about Ross being on autopilot. I'm also very curious to see if the expert cites the texting/sexting as a distraction.

I'm sorry, I could see needing to explain a few actions, searches, behaviors that SEEM strange...

But either this guy is the unluckiest, misunderstood sop in the world - or he's just guilty as sin. All of it together is just too much to explain away. I am calling it a DUCK.

Guy used his son like a chic magnet, great eye candy for the girls. A seemingly attentive and engaging father is like a moth to a flame for a ton of women. We gush when we see stuff like that, and RH didn't have any other game it seems. That was his only currency for women. He talked a big game about loving his child, but his actions and attention speaks otherwise.

He seems to (despite his best efforts) still be married to someone he doesn't want to be married to, if it wasn't for that little joker. Get rid of the Joker in an accident, maybe he thinks the wife will go away because she just can't face him, 2 problems solved with one action. He gets a slap on the wrist, turns into the loving but accidental father spokesperson, sprinkles his wisdom on the masses and garners sympathy sex from multitudes of strangers.

I totally buy every bit of that.

I agree wth you 100%... IMO. So unforgivable on ALL counts!

Looking at the red padding pulled down from the top, the grey fabric of the carseat is exposed. Perhaps a shadow.......thanks for pointing that out. No question he still needed to face the rear.
And agreed..........he was indeed in the wrong sized carseat. Given the carseat's safety recommendation of a maximum of 30 " tall, he had been in this too small, unsafe carseat for a while. If his height 0f 33" is correct, they had been using this seat - periodically - for a while. Compromising Cooper's safety. Just makes no sense.....................couldn't add more drain on that pay check.
As tall as he was, the appropriate carseat just might have given him more room extend his little legs. Heartbreaking......

One thing I see is that Cooper's head completely covers the Chicco logo stitched into the back of the seat. Looking at various images the logo seems to be situated somewhere between maybe 2" to 4" from the top - just a guess from pics. This comes from Googling Chicco Keyfit 30. So his head may actually be about an inch from the top but it's certainly not 5 1/4" from it. Hopefully the jury will have seen more pics of Cooper in his car seat. In any case his height exceeded the recommended limit. So much for Ross knowing "all the regulations from watching Youtube videos" about the car seat. What a giant ball of hot air. :mad:

68ddff72d391e1a049751b6c02993040.jpg
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/396316835934755840/

Another flaw (IMO) which may or may not be brought up is that during his video interview Ross actually said there was no set routine as to who dropped Cooper off at daycare each day and who picked him up. I don't know what the expert will do with that or if he'll leave it out of his testimony but that info does make me wonder about Ross being on autopilot. I'm also very curious to see if the expert cites the texting/sexting as a distraction.
I've always found it mildly curious that Ross didn't at least just drop off every day, seeing as how daycare was right near his office. I could see Leanna picking him up when she got done for the day with her work, if it was going to be before Ross got off so she could spend more time with Cooper (it's what I would have done as a working mom). Just seems weird to drive that far to bring him when Ross would be going there anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member