Trial - Ross Harris #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't with his wife so the double life thing doesn't fit to me. Not as far as aiding in any type of distraction. His son wasn't going to ask him who he was texting. He was free to text whomever and whatever he wanted. I think he was grossly distracted, tired and caught up. He seems to have an obsessive nature so it all add up to me. Unfortunately, the result was leaving his poor son in the car. I think he most likely lived his life oblivious in the first place so really, even the lightbulb car trip doesn't bother me. Maybe I know clueless or something but I'm just being honest. This is what I believe happened becuase I haven't been shown otherwise by the defense. Negligent probably. The seat debate, computer searches and really the women. etc etc... Not necessary. He was distracted, tired and texting. His is what hey should have stuck to when they realized their original evidence wasn't as bad as it was. Admit you were wrong but follow up with you still feel he is criminally guilty of neglegance. They have the string of text messages so we know he was doing more than one thing at a time ( context irrelevant to me) and he clearly lacks good judgement in other important areas of his life with out a care in the world... I mean prostitutes... Really???... Anyways I think they have him on neglegance and the texting to minor charge ....whatever the official verbiage is for that. I doubt the defense is trying to get him off. I'm sure all of them, including Ross, view anything that is a not quiltu of a murder charge, a win.

I have been wondering if he has a mental illness (not talking sex addiction). His behavior was so risky. What if one of the women he agreed to meet was planning to rob him? And the obvious, what if he picked up an STD?

That would not excuse what he did. I just find his behavior as inexplicable.

His 'unmentioned' light bulb trip is like the gas cans in the Arias trial for me.
To me, the light bulb trip means - no longer RH is free to claim he forgot to take Cooper to day care. That excuse just doesn't work in my view because I believe he saw Cooper during that light bulb trip, AND I firmly believe he did not forget that lunch-time trip at all when he was being interrogated.

On what evidence do you base your certainty that RH saw Cooper at lunchtime? Even if he did see him (which i don't believe) how could he have known Cooper's state without even putting his head in the car or pausing to look through the window?

If he saw an unmoving Cooper he would have had no way of knowing if Cooper was asleep, unconscious, or dead. Why would he bother to put himself on a surveillance camera, involve friends , fake an errand, just to not have enough time to figure out if Cooper was dead?

Ross Harris pulled the dead body of his son out of his car around 4:21. He was handcuffed and in a police car at 4:27, and driven away from his son's dead body so he couldn't even see what was happening to Cooper.

I think you are neglecting some important information here. I think you should go back and listen to how this whole scenario went down.

Prior to officers arriving, all he did was pick Cooper up out of the car and put him down on hot pavement, "attempted" to do CPR when he pulled away and screamed and cried for help.

As people were rushing to Cooper's side, he walked away and "pretended" he was on the phone, and don't deny he wasn't on the phone, because it's a fact that an officer asked him to hang up the phone and talk to her.

He was belligerent to this officer on the scene. As such, he was placed in the back of a patrol car to, at most, calm down. But he didn't so they took him away for questioning.

I just watched the security video of Ross going to the car at 12:30pm. It's really grainy, but he appears to walk right up to the car and toss in the bag; not pausing at all, and his head was above the car. So if he did intend to leave him there why would he not check for a minute to see if he was dead? Didn't the autopsy say he was most likely dead by 11am? So based on the prosecutors case I would expect he would check his state; realize he was dead; then alarm others and pull Cooper out. Why wouldn't this be a better plan by RH? I would also expect that people at work would notice that he was off that day, but they said he seemed normal. Another point I made - was there a psychological evaluation done on RH? It seems he would need to be a sociopath or biploar to do this and there would be some evidence of mental illness or the defense would bring in a witness to state this. The witnesses they brought in showed he is a sex addict, but I would expect other behaviors that show other types of mental issues(bi-polar or sociopath).

I agree. If his defense team is smart they will do both a physical and mental evaluation. Syphilis can cause brain damage. Just saying.

I agree. If his defense team is smart they will do both a physical and mental evaluation. Syphilis can cause brain damage. Just saying.

How about gonorrhea? He did google it.

How could RH have been horrified by that thought if he hadn't thought it yet?

For peeps who have decided he's guilty, this is irrelevant, scroll on by. Please.

Ross Harris pulled the dead body of his son out of his car around 4:21. He was handcuffed and in a police car at 4:27, and driven away from his son's dead body so he couldn't even see what was happening to Cooper.

The interview with Stoddard began less than two hours after Ross Harris pulled the body of his dead baby out of the car, and before he was even allowed to speak to his wife, who, thanks to LE, was forced to find out her baby had died from a television newsflash.

Some peeps keep saying-" I wouldn't have been coherent, or able to stand up , or to function at all," yet expect RH to have remembered , a few hours after seeing Cooper dead, something as genuinely trivial as buying lightbulbs that day.

BBM

You get those kind of conflicts when you try and make every single action taken by RH as evidence of guilt. I feel the State is doing exactly that. JMO

I'm surprised that Stoddard didn't arrest the friend for obstruction of justice for lying by omission about the light bulb trip.

Perhaps he was content with threatening him and trying to intimidate him, as he did poor Ms. daycare teacher who was accidentally butt dialed by Piper the cop.

He knew that his returning to the vehicle at lunchtime looks bad; so he withheld that information because he wanted to go home that night. He's not going to intentionally raise any red flags. JMO

His 'unmentioned' light bulb trip is like the gas cans in the Arias trial for me.
To me, the light bulb trip means - no longer RH is free to claim he forgot to take Cooper to day care. That excuse just doesn't work in my view because I believe he saw Cooper during that light bulb trip, AND I firmly believe he did not forget that lunch-time trip at all when he was being interrogated.

I believe he was looking at the windows as he approached the car, saw no movement so therefore he didn't need to lean into the car.

Perhaps he was content with threatening him and trying to intimidate him, as he did poor Ms. daycare teacher who was accidentally butt dialed by Piper the cop.

How exactly did Officer Piper butt dial Toddler Room 5? The call from Ross's phone began at 4:25.xx, and Ross's phone was not confiscated until 4:27.xx. I am just trying to stay focused on the evidence. Was Officer Piper even on the scene when the call began?

I think you are neglecting some important information here. I think you should go back and listen to how this whole scenario went down.

Prior to officers arriving, all he did was pick Cooper up out of the car and put him down on hot pavement, "attempted" to do CPR when he pulled away and screamed and cried for help.

As people were rushing to Cooper's side, he walked away and "pretended" he was on the phone, and don't deny he wasn't on the phone, because it's a fact that an officer asked him to hang up the phone and talk to her.

He was belligerent to this officer on the scene. As such, he was placed in the back of a patrol car to, at most, calm down. But he didn't so they took him away for questioning.

I have read every single search warrant, and every single court document, and listened to every bit of testimony about the scene, and have even posted a minute by minute account of what happened at that scene. I am very familiar with what happened, and have neither an interest or the intellectual dishonesty to "deny" those facts.

Responding to just one part of what you said, it is entirely false that RH "pretended " to be on the phone, as every minute of his attempted calls and the duration between his trying to revive Cooper and trying to reach Leanna has been documented, accounted for, and testified about in trial.

Because, as the defense is clearly going to argue, on most days RH went to breakfast at CFA, he had already dropped Cooper off at daycare. RH was tired that morning (moralizing about why doesn't change the fact of his sleep deprivation), and he was seemingly under stress (moralizing about why doesn't change the whys of that either), both prime components of FBS syndrome kicking in.

BBM

I am not sure if that is really true, according to what Ross said in the interview. He said ' the manager [CFA] knows Cooper well, we go there a lot ....usually in the drive through...' [paraphrasing]

So how much of an unusual routine was it really?

I have not seen any cases of FBS so far, where the 'forgetting' happened within 30-60 seconds of buckling the child in the car seat. That is going to be a big hurdle for Dr Diamond to get over, imo. Especially given the texts that same morning, complaining about needing a break from his kid.

On what evidence do you base your certainty that RH saw Cooper at lunchtime? Even if he did see him (which i don't believe) how could he have known Cooper's state without even putting his head in the car or pausing to look through the window?

If he saw an unmoving Cooper he would have had no way of knowing if Cooper was asleep, unconscious, or dead. Why would he bother to put himself on a surveillance camera, involve friends , fake an errand, just to not have enough time to figure out if Cooper was dead?

There is no direct evidence RH saw Cooper at lunch time nor any evidence he did not see Cooper. But I must choose one so I chose the one I believe more.
I also have no direct evidence RH knew if Cooper was dead or asleep but his not making the grand grieving dad scene translates to me that he heard or noticed dying baby not yet dead. He wanted to finish the job so he closed the door.

IMO this was not a carefully planned premeditated murder. I tend to believe he decided to kill his baby on the spur of the moment in the morning. A malicious thought came after he replied to this meme - I hate being married with kids. The novelty has worn off and I have nothing to show for it.

Except that he doesn't take him everyday. That's been pointed out by Ross, his wife and the daycare.

He takes him the majority of the time. The daycare is at HIS office. I bet he took him at least 75% of the time.

Yet a friend who picked up RH for lunch and ate lunch with RH and went to HD with RH to buy lightbulbs and who dropped RH off by his car afterwards and who knew at that point, being interviewed by LE , that Cooper was dead , also didn't remember that trip to buy lightbulbs when asked to recount his interactions with RH that day and a chronology. He had far more time to think about that day and review it in his mind than did RH, who was recounting the day to LE just a few hours after finding his baby dead and himself under suspicion.

Does the friend not remembering make him automatically guilty of anything? No? Then why assume that one fact alone, of all the facts in this case makes RH guilty of malice murder?

However, that is also Ross's good friend. He finds out that his good friend just accidentally left his child to die in the parking lot. Is he going to volunteer the fact that his friend went to the car at lunch and never said anything about his son?

Those guys looked like they did not want to be anywhere near the witness stand. And they didn't really cooperate with LE either, IIRC.

How exactly did Officer Piper butt dial Toddler Room 5? The call from Ross's phone began at 4:25.xx, and Ross's phone was not confiscated until 4:27.xx. I am just trying to stay focused on the evidence. Was Officer Piper even on the scene when the call began?

3rd call made by RH was to HD switchboard. The 4th call was to the same number, at 4:25:57.

RH had been told to stop resisting, struggled with LE, had been handcuffed, had his phone seized, and had been put in the back of Piper's car by 4:27, all within that one minute after the number was dialed (redialed) (butt dialed).

He didn't make the call. Piper , per testimony and court documents, had his phone from the time she seized it until she personally turned it over to Stoddard.

3rd call made by RH was to HD switchboard. The 4th call was to the same number, at 4:25:57.

RH had been told to stop resisting, struggled with LE, had been handcuffed, had his phone seized, and been put in the back of Piper's car by 4:27

He didn't make the call. Piper , per testimony and court documents, had his phone from the time she seized it until she personally turned it over to Stoddard.
Since is impossible for RH to make the call your theory makes sense to me. Unless some other cop actual had possession of the phone. JMO.

Yet a friend who picked up RH for lunch and ate lunch with RH and went to HD with RH to buy lightbulbs and who dropped RH off by his car afterwards and who knew at that point, being interviewed by LE , that Cooper was dead , also didn't remember that trip to buy lightbulbs when asked to recount his interactions with RH that day and a chronology. He had far more time to think about that day and review it in his mind than did RH, who was recounting the day to LE just a few hours after finding his baby dead and himself under suspicion.

Does the friend not remembering make him automatically guilty of anything? No? Then why assume that one fact alone, of all the facts in this case makes RH guilty of malice murder?

Whether the friend remembers or not is not such a big deal. However, a father who forgot his son in the car, who walked around the interrogation room keening and crying "What have I done?" and "Why me?" should remember the afternoon visit to the car for the rest of his life because he is probably reliving every horrible second of that day and thinking what could he have changed if only he had stuck his head further into the car. If only he had remembered Cooper wasn't at day care. What was Cooper feeling at that moment? Did he suffer?

What parent wouldn't mentally go over each minute detail and wish with all their might that they had noticed something? The day is burned into their brain forever. Oh wait, Ross was crying because people were going to hate him, because Leanna was going to stop loving him. Because he was going to lose his job. Go to jail. Hot cells. Metal toilets.

Ross disgusts me and I'm not talking about the sexting. To compare his "forgetting" about the lunchtime visit to the car to his friend not remembering is ridiculous. His friend didn't leave Cooper in the car to die, Ross did.

However, that is also Ross's good friend. He finds out that his good friend just accidentally left his child to die in the parking lot. Is he going to volunteer the fact that his friend went to the car at lunch and never said anything about his son?

Those guys looked like they did not want to be anywhere near the witness stand. And they didn't really cooperate with LE either, IIRC.

So you're saying he committed crimes himself, including obstruction of justice, to protect his friend? Is that easier for you to believe that believing he simply didn't remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000