Trial - Ross Harris #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
RH texted/sexted with, iirc, 35 or 36 women that day, "just" one of those being a minor, right? The other sexting was perfectly legal, but not, I imagine, anything RH would offer up to LE, any more than he offered it up to anyone in his life, much less to LE about what he was doing as his son died.

Yes, Ross said he had a 10 o'clock meeting. Maybe he couldn't provide more details about his workday because his entire work day was spent sexting. Or, maybe neither he or LE felt it was relevant to go in the weeds about what exactly he was doing at work, hour by hour. What difference did it make to the investigation at that point?
SuperTMO
OMG! 35 or 36 women in one day??!!! I thought it was like 5-6! My word, how did he have time for anything else? I'm surprised he didn't have tendinitis in his thumbs!

Sorry my quote button wouldn't work so had to cut paste.

On the "35/36 women" and how many were sexting that were brought in? **:facepalm: at times it felt like 35 ;)

This article says was was 6 women the day Cooper died.

10/3/16 CNN http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/us/justin-ross-harris-trial-explainer/
"Some of the charges in Harris' indictment stemmed not from Cooper's death, but from Harris' alleged habit of sending sexual text messages to underage girls. According to prosecutors, Harris was having these illicit chats with as many as six women on the day his son died".

So maybe it was if they added each text/chat reply it added up to the 35 or 36? If so would that be RH only or both reply/responses? Where is the 35/36 coming from. (just point me in direct if possible thanks) SO many months and years of stuff. I sure the jury was in overload. JMHO

I have no idea what you mean with this post. I'm being honest. A symbol? What does that mean? We were discussing relationships.

People were saying that she has no bearing on the case because he didn't meet up with her very often in real life and so she was not a 'motive' in his wanting to be free.

I am speculating that she was more of a 'symbol' to him, an example of what he could have if he were free from his unhappy marriage. She symbolized a young, hot sexy woman, unlike his bossy, cold wife.

Not if there is no evidence of a formal diagnosis. But I think they telegraphed the possibility by putting all of those women on the stand. jmo

Okay. I guess I missed the subtle mental health thing with all those women testifying.

Who knows whether or not RH's "little joker" was even an expression of hostility? RH didn't seem to have a problem with using foul language. I can think of many other words he could have used that would have made hostile feelings clear without the slightest bit of ambiguity.

No, we don't know if it was hostility or not. So we have to take it into context with his actions and behavior, imo.

I think his behavior shows me that he disrespected and dishonored his son, routinely. He is lying next to him in bed, while sexting a 15 yr old. :no:

People were saying that she has no bearing on the case because he didn't meet up with her very often in real life and so she was not a 'motive' in his wanting to be free.

I am speculating that she was more of a 'symbol' to him, an example of what he could have if he were free from his unhappy marriage. She symbolized a young, hot sexy woman, unlike his bossy, cold wife.

Sorry, I still don't get it.

Snips from that article from CNN dated 10/3/2016 http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/us/justin-ross-harris-trial-explainer/

"Later that morning Harris and some co-workers left the corporate campus to go to lunch. Upon returning at approximately 12:45 that afternoon, Harris went to his car and opened the door to put away some light bulbs he had bought during his lunch break. The defense says Harris did not notice his son, still in the backseat. According to medical examiners, Cooper was likely already dead.

"Harris pulled into a shopping center parking lot roughly seven minutes after leaving the Home Depot campus. He pulled Cooper's lifeless body from the car. His screams attracted a crowd of onlookers, some of whom called 911 and others of whom attempted to help Harris administer first aid to Cooper.
Witnesses said Harris was hyperventilating and screaming. Cobb County police Detective Phillip Stoddard testified that Harris swore at police when they arrived at the scene.

"Investigators found Harris made online searches in the days before Cooper's death related directly to babies in hot cars, and one search for "how to survive prison."

Investigators for the prosecution questioned details of the incident. They conducted tests that showed Harris could have seen Cooper in the back seat of the car from his position in the front seat."

On Whisper, an app that encourages people to tell secrets, Stoddard testified that Harris wrote "I miss having time to myself" and said he hated being married with kids. Harris also visited a "child-free" message board on Reddit.
The prosecution also alleged Harris met with prostitutes and other women in the days before his son died. The assistant district attorney in the case said Harris' sexual behavior interrupted time he spent with Cooper, citing a time when Harris allegedly sent pictures of his genitalia to women while attending an Atlanta Braves baseball game with his son.

Upon signing off on the indictment, Cobb County Chief Magistrate Frank Cox also remarked that Harris should have noticed that "the stench in the car was overwhelming" upon entering the car that afternoon.

No, we don't know if it was hostility or not. So we have to take it into context with his actions and behavior, imo.

I think his behavior shows me that he disrespected and dishonored his son, routinely. He is lying next to him in bed, while sexting a 15 yr old. :no:

You're right, actions are louder than words. Other than texting bad things in his child's presence and using the wrong carseat, what did RH do that actually harmed Cooper before the day of his death?

You're right, actions are louder than words. Other than texting bad things in his child's presence and using the wrong carseat, what did RH do that actually harmed Cooper before the day of his death?

Having sex with prostitutes and a male he met on vacation, and with random women he met on line, could potentially harm his wife and child. That is very high risk behavior. And he brought random hook ups into the home. Also very risky behavior. He sent pictures of Cooper to strangers he met on sex sites. High Risk behavior as well.

He was also putting his job at great risk. Which would harm Cooper, ultimately. And he put his marriage at risk, also harming his child.

The night before the tragic death, he stayed up until 3 am, sexting. The when Cooper woke up at 5, Ross began sexting again at 5:30 am. So he got no sleep that night. BY HIS OWN CHOOSING. And that decision may have sealed his son's fate.

I think he put his son at risk many times in the months before his death.

Having sex with prostitutes and a male he met on vacation, and with random women he met on line, could potentially harm his wife and child. That is very high risk behavior. And he brought random hook ups into the home. Also very risky behavior. He sent pictures of Cooper to strangers he met on sex sites. High Risk behavior as well.

He was also putting his job at great risk. Which would harm Cooper, ultimately. And he put his marriage at risk, also harming his child.

The night before the tragic death, he stayed up until 3 am, sexting. The when Cooper woke up at 5, Ross began sexting again at 5:30 am. So he got no sleep that night. BY HIS OWN CHOOSING. And that decision may have sealed his son's fate.

The pictures of Cooper to strangers is not good. Did he bring these random hook ups into his home when Cooper was there? I don't see the sex with men and women as any kind of immediate harm to Cooper if it was done away from him.

If you're talking about how things would be different if RH and LH divorced because of RH's problems I would have to say a lot people get divorced and things turn out just fine. JMO

The pictures of Cooper to strangers is not good. Did he bring these random hook ups into his home when Cooper was there? I don't see the sex with men and women as any kind of immediate harm to Cooper if it was done away from him.

If you're talking about how things would be different if RH and LH divorced because of RH's problems I would have to say a lot people get divorced and things turn out just fine. JMO

No, not when Cooper was there, at least not that we know of...

But bringing a stranger that you met online, to your home, is dangerous, imo. You don't know if she is unbalanced, or married to a thief, or wants to get info for identity theft, etc. It is just creepy as well. Plus, he does not know her medical history. They had sex on the couch. I imagine his 2 yr old came home and climbed all over the couch, laid on it, ate snacks there, etc. UGH

And yes, divorce might work out fine. Might have saved Coopers life, actually.

No, not when Cooper was there, at least not that we know of...

But bringing a stranger that you met online, to your home, is dangerous, imo. You don't know if she is unbalanced, or married to a thief, or wants to get info for identity theft, etc. It is just creepy as well. Plus, he does not know her medical history. They had sex on the couch. I imagine his 2 yr old came home and climbed all over the couch, laid on it, ate snacks there, etc. UGH

And yes, divorce might work out fine. Might have saved Coopers life, actually.

Scary. I never thought about couch kooties.

I'd be more inclined to believe the Jaynie Meadows theory if the state would have proven that they talked every day (especially in the weeks before Cooper's death), had made plans to be together, or if she wasn't already in a relationship.

Actually, the reasonable advice Ross gave her about cutting her losses and getting out of her relationship (with regards to the $1k drug debt), made it more unlikely for me to believe that he would kill his son because he felt it was the only way to end his marriage. MOO

Taking a $1000 hit to end a relationship is not the same as taking a financial hit that would have lasted RH at least 16 years and forever tied him to LH.

He's been charged with 11 counts related to sexting MINORS. If he had been reported by a teen who got mad at him or a parent who found his D pic on their daughters phone....Cooper could have been removed from the home and placed in foster care while authorities investigated

Taking a $1000 hit to end a relationship is not the same as taking a financial hit that would have lasted RH at least 16 years and forever tied him to LH.

Of course it's not exactly the same scenario, but to me, it is evidence that Ross' thought process didn't involve outlandish and extreme ideas like killing someone to get out of a relationship. He gave her reasonable advice to leave a bad situation.

If he really wanted to kill someone to escape his marriage, why not 'accidentally' kill LH and collect her life insurance? He'd likely get tons of support from both of their families, sympathy from women, etc.

I can't find the post that I wanted to quote so I apologize. My post is in response to why a too small car seat matters.

There has been much evidence presented in this case, and the DT has not even had their turn. When the jurors get into the deliberation room, I think that for each juror there are going to be one or two things that really stick out. For those who are leaning toward a guilty verdict on the murder charges, there were will be a couple of things that really point to Ross's guilt and a lot of things that are gravy.

Potential main points on guilt:
Short drive from CFA to Ross's office or LAA
Cooper's proximity to Ross in the car
Ross's obsessive texting habit
Ross texting about his family life at the time when we was supposed to be turning to LAA

Gravy:
Ross referring to Cooper as a "little joker" who drains his bank account
A too small car seat
Ross's odd choice of his travel route to the theater
Ross returning to his car at lunch
Alex/Winston testifying that Ross said that he would be late to the movie over an hour before the movie started
Ross bringing his guitar into work after being warned of the dangers of leaving it in the car
5 days before Cooper's death Ross watched a video about the dangers of leaving a pet in a car - "Hate for that to be my child"
Ross' biggest fear was Cooper dying in a hot car and yet he did nothing to prevent it
Stopping and eating inside CFA on a day when Ross was already running late and had plans to leave work early
Ross wanted to divorce Leanna but stayed for Cooper; no Cooper = no Leanna

My lists are not exhaustive, and each juror will have different items in each bucket. Some jurors may not have anything in their buckets.

Why is a too small car seat relevant? For ME, it's because it shows that Leanna and Ross did not make Cooper's safety a priority. Actions speak louder than words, and when push came to shove, they chose to leave Cooper in a seat that he had outgrown. A parent who does not value the safety of his child above all else is more likely to injure his child through negligence or intent. Is guilt or innocence going to hinge on this issue? Absolutely not. However, it is certainly grave when viewed with the rest of the evidence IMO.

I can't find the post that I wanted to quote so I apologize. My post is in response to why a too small car seat matters.

There has been much evidence presented in this case, and the DT has not even had their turn. When the jurors get into the deliberation room, I think that for each juror there are going to be one or two things that really stick out. For those who are leaning toward a guilty verdict on the murder charges, there were will be a couple of things that really point to Ross's guilt and a lot of things that are gravy.

Potential main points on guilt:
Short drive from CFA to Ross's office or LAA
Cooper's proximity to Ross in the car
Ross's obsessive texting habit
Ross texting about his family life at the time when we was supposed to be turning to LAA

Gravy:
Ross referring to Cooper as a "little joker" who drains his bank account
A too small car seat
Ross's odd choice of his travel route to the theater
Ross returning to his car at lunch
Alex/Winston testifying that Ross said that he would be late to the movie over an hour before the movie started
Ross bringing his guitar into work after being warned of the dangers of leaving it in the car
5 days before Cooper's death Ross watched a video about the dangers of leaving a pet in a car - "Hate for that to be my child"
Ross' biggest fear was Cooper dying in a hot car and yet he did nothing to prevent it
Stopping and eating inside CFA on a day when Ross was already running late and had plans to leave work early
Ross wanted to divorce Leanna but stayed for Cooper; no Cooper = no Leanna

My lists are not exhaustive, and each juror will have different items in each bucket. Some jurors may not have anything in their buckets.

Why is a too small car seat relevant? For ME, it's because it shows that Leanna and Ross did not make Cooper's safety a priority. Actions speak louder than words, and when push came to shove, they chose to leave Cooper in a seat that he had outgrown. A parent who does not value the safety of his child above all else is more likely to injure his child through negligence or intent. Is guilt or innocence going to hinge on this issue? Absolutely not. However, it is certainly grave when viewed with the rest of the evidence IMO.

Well said.

Don't recall those "would never hurt him texts? Have you got a source? <modsnip>

It's in the testimony. He would divorce except for the kid. He wouldn't hurt Cooper. He loved Cooper. He never got mad at Cooper, only about Cooper. Miss Meadows testified they had no "plans" to be together but had "discussed" being together. He was stressed about finances.

<modsnip>

Elizabeth Smith

Smith said she met with Harris a few times, and had sex with him at least once.

She said Harris did mention his son, and would often send her pictures of Cooper. She said Harris talked about how much he loved Cooper.

To another : I love my son and all, but we both need escapes.&#8221;

And another
Defense says Harris told her he would leave Leanna but he had Cooper and he loved his child more than anything. They say Harris told Meadows he wouldn't do that to Cooper because it would hurt him.

I fully agree with you, GA_PEACH. I mean... didn't RH put a few grand worth of spending on a credit card for the points? Why not buy a seat that way?

Along those lines he acted like the credit card debt was no big deal, but that is a significant amount of consumer debt on top of car bills and student loans. I'm sure there was anxiety about trying to pay that off since they were allegedly looking to buy a house in the near future. I know they can't discuss Cooper's life insurance in court but my theory on any involvement of LH in Cooper's death hinged on them deciding (or RH convincing LH) that Cooper was going to be the sacrificial lamb for the family. Use his life insurance to get financially stable and a house down payment for the sake of their next kids. LH is such a doormat that I could see her letting RH convince her of that. I know it's a bizarre thought but this was my initial theory when Cooper first died, before I knew about his double life.

My reading comprehension must be flickering as of late. I surely didn't see a "now" in that or other of his posts. Will adjust my bifocals and try again. ;)

Though Tex and I are plenty accustomed to wrangling one another on every last bit of a something, I'd hate to have read whatever opinion of his I don't agree with wrong. :D

PS..I'm pretty confident Tex is plenty comfortable giving me a what fer himself if he feels the need.

Lol. I always appreciate your passion for a case and your extensive knowledge of the facts. Much respect Miss Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs