Trial - Ross Harris #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM, JMHO this is not correct. More than 1 or 2. And those in the majority (being the opposite of minority) most of those that I have read their comments, through these 6 threads and 1 side bar thread. The majority of those, have had a "guilty" before the first witness testified and have not changed their opinion through out the whole States case. How can one make a make an educated opinion on facts of a case without even hearing any? I for one as I many here are in same opinion, we are fine being in the minority. We are trying to be objective. There are many in the minority who are open minded and have backed off on some opinions as testimony was heard, but most of them still have a guilt. I respect their opinion, just don't see how could knowing some of the reasons they have guilt has been disproved. Some, just are not going to change their minds regardless. State has burnden of proof and as of yet, have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt to me. Its ok, I am not one of the 12 that will make the ultimate decision. And on the same token neither are any of the others here on the jury (Lawd I pray not any ways). Unsure why some watch that already have guilty, and sentenced. Don't get that part. JMHO
ETA: I speak only for myself but can read others post to form my opinion of what theirs appears to be from reading multiple posts. JMHO

I have thought guilty from the minute the story broke. I still can't fathom forgetting your child in a car (or even something as simple as not sending a requested lunch along for an elementary field trip, but I see that happen all the time), but I am an older parent who tried for many, many years to be blessed with a baby and so there is nothing more important to me than my children. I don't want/need breaks or escapes. They are my world. But not every parent is like I am. Some could be, I guess, quite possibly capable of being so self centered and egotistical that they can block out the very one who should be their main focus. I will never understand how he forgot that precious child, but if I'm being honest, I could not vote guilty anymore.

I think you totally rock and I agree with 99.99 percent of your posts.

I mainly lurk but I had come out of lurk mode for a moment and then I will crawl back under my rock.

At first I thought Ross was guilty of murder but now I think extreme negligence,

I came out of lurk mode to talk about Leanna. What difference does it make when she filed from divorce? She has had to rebuild her life, move, get a new job all while trying to come to her terms with her baby's death and realizing that her husband was a true and possibly a murderer. I say give her a break. If you have not dealt with a cheating spouse, it takes a big plug out of you and her baby is dead.

I may be totally wrong and if I am, please do not throw rocks at me.

back to lurk mode.

Thank you for coming out of Lurkdom and having the heart to voice compassion for this mom.

I'm not so sure that he couldn't forget Cooper was there. Peripheral vision isn't the same as directly looking at something. His lack of sleep may have been a bigger factor then texting in my opinion.

His peripheral vision would have been a reminder, IMO. As far as his lack of sleep, he was going to the movies after work instead of going straight home to get rest. His lack of sleep didn't keep him from walking into CFA with Cooper. His lack of sleep and sexting didn't cause him to forget Cooper at CFA because Cooper would not have died in that short time frame. Again, JMO as always and by now I think most everyone knows how I feel.. ;) I know, I'm repeating myself, AGAIN!! ;)

How is it that anyone who has never even met Ross thinks it is possible to "know" him better than his wife of 9 years?

How is it that anyone who has never met Ross thinks they "know" he didn't love Cooper, when literally everyone who actually knows Ross is sure that he did?

And just to be fair there are several in the minority that from day one argued for Ross Harris against all odds. He is to be excused for everything he did that fateful June morning. He has been wronged and nothing or nobody will change those minds.

Sometimes I think those few like the limelight being shown on them during discussions. For some reason that's pleasing.

But to me if I see a bird that walks like a Duck, swims like a Duck and quacks like a Duck then it MUST be a Duck!
BBM
I have not see one single post "excusing" RH for the death of his son. Show me one example of anyone claiming he is not responsible.

Yes. And that's why I don't think the State has proven malice murder in this case. JMO

Keep in mind a Grand Jury after hearing the evidence returned an indictment with 8 charges. E I G H T

The Grand Jury indicted Harris on the following charges:

Malice Murder
Felony Murder
Felony Murder
Cruelty to Children in the First Degree
Cruelty to Children in the Second Degree
Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony, to wit: Sexual Exploitation of Children
Dissemination of harmful Material to Minors
Dissemination of Harmful material to Minors

This is a very bad man.

Have you read about the Fireman that just recently left his son in car all day? Got back in car drove to gro store iirc and upon getting back home that evening is when noticed him? (have to google I could be off a bit) This case at hand JRH, it was rushed and assumed many things incorrectly and that is what has hurt the credibility of all these LEO in this case. JMHO

Snip http://ktla.com/2016/09/09/florida-...in-hot-truck-toddler-left-in-car-for-8-hours/
A Florida father was arrested Friday and charged in the death of his toddler son, who was left in a pickup truck for eight hours, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.

Troy Whitaker, 41, was charged with aggravated manslaughter, sheriff’s spokesman Kavontae Smalls said.

Whitaker left his Palm Harbor house Friday morning with his 5-year-old daughter and 23-month-old son, Lawson, Smalls said.

He dropped his daughter off at school, but forgot to drop his son off at daycare, Smalls said. He ran errands around town, and saw his son in the backseat of the Chevrolet truck in the afternoon, when he was back home.

Whitaker, who is a firefighter with the nearby Hillsborough County Fire Department, performed CPR on his son before medical officials arrived, Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told reporters.

The sheriff said the boy was in the truck from about 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., when Whitaker returned from a trip to the supermarket.

“It was evident that he didn’t realize that the child was in the backseat until he arrived home from Publix,” Gualtieri said. “He was taking the groceries out of the front passenger seat and immediately dropped the bags — there are groceries all over the driveway — and then went and took the child out of the car seat.”

The boy’s car seat was behind the driver’s seat, the sheriff said.

“As you can imagine, he was extremely upset — visibly upset,” he said

Left son in car, thinking he'd dropped him off at daycare. Went to grocery store hours later with what was most likely his already dead son strapped in the back seat. No smell of death. Loaded groceries onto his truck with his most likely dead son in the backseat, it having been close to 7 hours since he closed the door in the AM, not seeing his son. No smell of death.

Arrived home, began unpacking the groceries, saw his son. Tried doing CPR. Taken in for questioning by LE. Refused to take a breathalyzer test. Admitted later he smoked pot, but says not on that day.

Released the same night, free on bond. Go figure.

But. ...we do know they walked out of CFA at 9:18 and Ross pulled into the Treehouse parking lot at 9:25 (split seconds under).

From CFA parking lot to Uturn (where he should have gotten into left turn lane but didn't-- about 30 seconds .

From Uturn to intersection where he should have turned left, another 30 seconds.

(Both of those 30 seconds are obviously approx; traffic as variable.

Prosecutors go through several of Harris' receipts from Chick-fil-A in the month of June 2014. Receipts and video from the day of of Cooper's death shows Harris exited Chick-fil-A at 9:20:33.

Video shows Harris pulling into the Home Depot Treehouse Office parking lot at 9:24:42, just four minutes after leaving Chick-fil-A. Phone records show Harris sent another message in the conversation about his son on Whisper at 9:24:28, about the time he would have been pulling into the parking lot at work.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/460110234

I notice a discrepancy here. Which one is it? Thanks!!!

RBBM. :waitasec: Did she state she knows he's not capable of leaving Cooper in that car? That is a non disputable fact. One that RH has never denied. What has been consistant about is that it was an accident. LH /LT to my knowledge does not believe it was on purpose either.

apologies, I meant not capable of INTENDING to leave Cooper in the car.

His peripheral vision would have been a reminder, IMO. As far as his lack of sleep, he was going to the movies after work instead of going straight home to get rest. His lack of sleep didn't keep him from walking into CFA with Cooper. His lack of sleep and sexting didn't cause him to forget Cooper at CFA because Cooper would not have died in that short time frame. Again, JMO as always and by now I think most everyone knows how I feel.. ;) I know, I'm repeating myself, AGAIN!! ;)
Peripheral vision is less precise. I'm not sure how that would a reminder of something.

I don't think that his lack of sleep stopped him from doing things. I only feel it impaired his ability to do things correctly. JMO

How is it that anyone who has never even met Ross thinks it is possible to "know" him better than his wife of 9 years?

How is it that anyone who has never met Ross thinks they "know" he didn't love Cooper, when literally everyone who actually knows Ross is sure that he did?

I mean this genuinely and not in a snarky way. After hearing all the evidence of the life Ross was living, I cannot understand how anyone could believe Leanna knew him. I don't believe she knew him, at all. In fact, I think he shared his true self more with complete strangers he was having meaningless sex with.

JMO and we can agree to disagree.

BBM
I have not see one single post "excusing" RH for the death of his son. Show me one example of anyone claiming he is not responsible.

I won't do that research for you. Read back and you will see several that believe it was all an accident. He forgot the child. He was misdirected. LE made poor Ross out to be the bad boy. It's all there for the looking.

Everyone thought Scott Peterson was a great guy who loved his wife and was excited about becoming a new father. But Scott had been living a double life. Like Ross. Sociopath

Count me among them. I have seen zero proof that RH deliberately murdered his child. I am seeing lots of opinion that he was a nasty, evil, horrible, uncaring murderous monster, with a side order of Leanna was either in on it, should have suspected, or is just pathetic somehow or other... but actual proof of these charitable thoughts? Nada.

With a side order.

-Chuckle Emoji-

I use that phrase sometimes myself. Lol

Iirc LT stated she didn't think she knew him better than anyone else today. No matter how Boring tried to convince her to say it

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
RBBM, JMHO this is not correct. More than 1 or 2. And those in the majority (being the opposite of minority) most of those that I have read their comments, through these 6 threads and 1 side bar thread. The majority of those, have had a "guilty" before the first witness testified and have not changed their opinion through out the whole States case. How can one make a make an educated opinion on facts of a case without even hearing any? I for one as I many here are in same opinion, we are fine being in the minority. We are trying to be objective. There are many in the minority who are open minded and have backed off on some opinions as testimony was heard, but most of them still have a guilt. I respect their opinion, just don't see how could knowing some of the reasons they have guilt has been disproved. Some, just are not going to change their minds regardless. State has burnden of proof and as of yet, have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt to me. Its ok, I am not one of the 12 that will make the ultimate decision. And on the same token neither are any of the others here on the jury (Lawd I pray not any ways). Unsure why some watch that already have guilty, and sentenced. Don't get that part. JMHO

And just to be fair there are several in the minority that from day one argued for Ross Harris against all odds. He is to be excused for everything he did that fateful June morning. He has been wronged and nothing or nobody will change those minds.

Sometimes I think those few like the limelight being shown on them during discussions. For some reason that's pleasing.

But to me if I see a bird that walks like a Duck, swims like a Duck and quacks like a Duck then it MUST be a Duck!

Wouldn't know about that minority. Where is there limelight? I see conversations.

JMHO, Not sure where your walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck .. proves that RH left his son on purpose. Some of the noise that has been heard is not really true. Only things taken out of context and some flat out lies being blown out as the truth. Proven in court so far. Save that bullet til you see all the evidence, it might possibly be a hunter in a blind, blowing a duck call... and not a real duck. JMHO (The small town of Stuttgart, Ark. is known around the world as the rice and duck capital of the world. World Championship held there yearly: duck calling, sounds good, most have 2 legs that walk and can swim like a duck but are not ducks. ;) )
http://www.stuttgartarkansas.org/duck-festival/

Peripheral vision is less precise. I'm not sure how that would a reminder of something.

I don't think that his lack of sleep stopped him from doing things. I only feel it impaired his ability to do things correctly. JMO
But its still ViSION!!! It's not peripheral blind spot!!

Keep in mind a Grand Jury after hearing the evidence returned an indictment with 8 charges. E I G H T

The Grand Jury indicted Harris on the following charges:

Malice Murder
Felony Murder
Felony Murder
Cruelty to Children in the First Degree
Cruelty to Children in the Second Degree
Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony, to wit: Sexual Exploitation of Children
Dissemination of harmful Material to Minors
Dissemination of Harmful material to Minors

This is a very bad man.

I've never said that RH is not guilty of all of the charges against him. I have said that I don't feel that the unrelated crimes should be tried at the same trial.

He's definitely guilty of the sexual crimes against children/minors. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member