Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you step out of the car and are like, "DANG that ground is HOT! Where's my shoe!" You would remember instantly. All this guy is doing is highlighting that RH was aware of this supposed danger and didn't try to save Cooper from it happening.
Or, you open the door and think "Dang, I need a pedicure!" Oooops, don't forget the kid!

Is this guy serious? I can't watch, how is he coming across? Is the prosecution table pantomiming suicide via single gunshot to the head?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm sorry if this has already been explained or discussed but why didn't the day care call both parents and even an emergency contact when Cooper didn't come to daycare? I wish all schools and daycares would do this routinely.

Our daycare didn't do this as a policy but our elementary school does it. It didn't start out as a policy in our school district but some schools started doing it to be proactive in getting absences excused. Unexcused absences are frowned upon for some reason so rather than waiting for parents to call in or send a note, they started calling them when there was a free moment. WELL one time the school called a foster parent about 30 minutes after the start of school (they do it after attendance has been taken) and it was realized that a child was missing from school and wasn't at home. She was a walker, I think it was only something like 2 blocks to school but on the way was picked up by her biological parents who had no rights to her for very good reason. The police were notified and they were able to find her. Her parents were very dangerous and it was evident they were leaving town when they were caught. It became a district wide policy that every school have an attendance clerk a few hours in the morning with the sole job of calling absent kids' parents. Its really win win, because now unexcused absences have decreased to almost 0 and parents are informed right away about a kid who isn't where he/she is supposed to be. We are the 4th largest district in our state but I think it is a very valid expense.

One of the biggest factors Ross has going for him on the murder charges is the fact that the exact same thing has happened to parents an average of 30 or so times every summer. Some how the defense needs to equate the circumstances of Ross' failure to that of all the other parents - and then explain the science to the jury. IMO that's really the only way to make a jury understand that this does happen by pure accident to otherwise decent parents, despite how difficult it is for most of us to imagine forgetting a child.

Brewer says it is absolutely possible that Harris forgot his child in less than 40 seconds.

Brewer says Harris likely believed his son was at day care. He says Harris comments to officers about thinking he dropped his son at day care prove that.

Did Brewer just say that routine would make someone forget, then turn around and say that JRH made an unnatural turn the day Cooper died?

He's trying so hard to make this right. He's sinking his own testimony, though.

He says making the uturn is the big distraction. As soon you make the uturn, trucks coming out of Home Depot. Lots of information that could be distracting. lol

Brewer says it is absolutely possible that Harris forgot his child in less than 40 seconds.

Brewer says Harris likely believed his son was at day care. He says Harris comments to officers about thinking he dropped his son at day care prove that.

I could be wrong, but hasn't it been discussed here by Katydid23 that JRH did not tell investigators that he thought he dropped Cooper off? In other words, that JRH did not have a false memory?

I remember JRH telling investigators that he made the wrong turn, though.

Witness narrowed the time frame to forget to between the CFA lot and the light. Holloway said last night it's 20-30 seconds

Cross examination is gonna bury this guy, is the defense trying to lose on purpose ?

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TVVerified account ‏@RossCavittWSB 4m4 minutes ago
Harris #HotCarDeath Trial: Def Expert; Ross Harris' usual route to work made it more likely he'd forget to take Cooper to daycare. @wsbtv

He says making the uturn is the big distraction. As soon you make the uturn, trucks coming out of Home Depot. Lots of information that could be distracting. lol

When I saw the driving videos, this is actually what struck me - it's a busy interchange and would require one's total attention to navigate it. Before I saw the video, I thought this was more of a hurdle.

Did he just say that maybe Cooper had been unwell? I can't hear everything.

Eh, this guy lost me now. He is not prepared enough on the facts of the case to apply his theory with confidence.

Objection: misstating the evidence.

I think a review of the police interview tapes are in order.

Ross Harris Trial ‏@RossHarrisTrial 2m2 minutes ago
Expert says U-turn itself on Harris' route is always the same, but the traffic is different -- which requires attention. #HotCarDeath

Witness narrowed the time frame to forget to between the CFA lot and the light. Holloway said last night it's 20-30 seconds

20-30 seconds from lot to intersection? That doesn't sound right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitB