Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. He had two legal ways to leave CFA - one at a traffic light and one without a light. It would gave been a simple left turn instead of a U-turn.

I thought I heard LE in their go pro video commenting that the Uturn was legal back then (?).

The timeline appears to show Ross texting at the red light when he should have been turning to go to LAA. The three texts at 9:24.xx were made between when Ross left CFA and pulled into the Tree House.

Arkansasmimi, that U-turn was illegal in 2014. I cannot say it has always been illegal, but it was at the time of Cooper's death. 100% confident.

I believe there was testimony that it was NOT illegal then but is now, it was when they were showing Stoddard driving the route.

He did an illegal UTurn in a very busy intersection, 2-3 times per week with his toddler son in the car...in a car seat that wasn't appropriate for him?!?!

Prosecution: You're more of an academic.

There's no way to replicate forgetting your child correct? correct

Latonia P Hines ‏@LatoniaPHines 1m1 minute ago Marietta, GA
On cross, memory expert says he would not be able to give opinion on whether Harris intentionally left Cooper in car. #hotcardeath

He is referring to David Diamond now.

prior to break:

Defense says Harris was concerned about a project at work. Brewer says that could have been a distraction.

__

He sexted with women and texted co-workers all day, arrived at about 9:30 am and was ready to take a lunch before Noon returning after 1:00, then leaving work at 4:00pm.

He was not at all concerned about that project!

back to testimony, this time cross:

Lead prosecutor Chuck Boring is cross-examining Brewer.

Brewer is not here to give the opinion that this particular case is due to memory systems failure, Boring said. Brewer is not a clinician, he also pointed out.

In the lab, you’re not trying to replicate forgetting something as serious as the forgetting of a child, Boring said.

There’s no way to replicate that, no, Brewer replied.

“As a researchers, you’re not going to just take somebody’s word for it,” Boring said. No, I’m going to collect data, Brewer said.

Opinion is only as good as the information it’s based on, Boring said.

If you’re given bad information, your opinions could be opposite of what you thought originally, Boring said. That’s true, Brewer replied.

Here are the distractions as put forth by the DT:

1) The U-turn, which is illegal I might add
2) Work stress
3) Fatigue

What is glaringly missing from this list?
1) Ross's conscious decision to text and sext his day away

I have so much else to say, but I don't have the time. Eagerly awaiting cross.

ETA - There is a reason that U-turn is illegal!! If Ross left the CFA parking lot in a manner that allowed for a legal left turn (rather than the U-turn) he would not have been distracted by that U-turn. Another bad conscious decision by Ross.
Let's just add one more thing to that list...

IMO He still had an elevated heart rate AND was still sweating over the exertion to put Cooper in the car seat when he "forgot" about him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not at all. He had two legal ways to leave CFA - one at a traffic light and one without a light. It would gave been a simple left turn instead of a U-turn.

Legal or illegal, why make the Uturn? How much time would it have saved, just out of curiosity? From LE's video, it looks like making it or not would be a decision based on traffic flow? And moments in which , having to wait and anticipate traffic, one could have one's brain scrambled?

Boom. He said the seat "must be out of view" to forget

He just stated ALL his knowledge was from Dr. Diamond on child car death cases.. and didn't mention any other research for his knowledge.

:thinking:

Have you had a case where the defendant was sexting men and women the night before and in the morning? No I am not familiar with any cases.

This guy is a waste of time IMO for defense. Prosecutor making him look bad

I almost feel bad for this witness, he looks like he knows he is doing nothing for DT

Boring is really aggressively questioning him. He should slow down a bit.

Defense didn't even give him complete info

He did an illegal UTurn in a very busy intersection, 2-3 times per week with his toddler son in the car...in a car seat that wasn't appropriate for him?!?!

Close. Except, it wasn't an illegal Uturn, he took Cooper 2-3 times a month, not a week, and Cooper still fit into his seat, whatever the manufacturer's specifications for generically proportioned toddlers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal